It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koch Brothers threatening layoffs if Obama Re-Elected

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IrVulture
A new phase to the corporate takeover of America....

They most likely will not have a choice and so say it as if they actually do have a choice to make it look like they have control...hehe

But the Obama bomb is coming and layoffs could be a common factor that even the Koch brothers will not be immune to.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourWIFI

Looks like the People will win out over dirty money... Sorry Koch brothers.

And you find no issues with George Soros and team?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Didn't take long for the Republican cheerleaders to come in here and defend their Corporate Overlords.

They know Obama will not let workers be abused and taken advantage of, so that's why they are using bully tactics to get more people to vote for Romney.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IrVulture

A takeover...not so much.

A lot of businesses, both big and small see this administration as a threat to their business. They are in business not to make you feel happy or take care of your wife. They are in business to make a profit...period.

The rest are just benefits to keep employees happy and producing.

If this Admin is re-elected, they will see profits drop even more. Some see that as a good thing, but I don't.

Obama is as guilty of cronyism as is Romney and the rest. Regardless of the election results, the way I see it is a choice between a death by a thousand cuts or a quick stab to the heart.

I'll take the thousand cuts as that at least gives me some time to retaliate and possibly fix things.

edit on 14-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Didn't take long for the Republican cheerleaders to come in here and defend their Corporate Overlords.

They know Obama will not let workers be abused and taken advantage of, so that's why they are using bully tactics to get more people to vote for Romney.

Yep...My Masters!

I never worked for a poor man...ever.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Nice spin op.
These are not direct, raking over the coals, threats, they are merely stating a fact and voicing a concern that if Obama is re-elected, many businesses may have no choice but to fire tons of folks because of ObamaCare.

When corporations are openly attempting to influence your vote, your Republic is dead.

This is ridiculous, and I would be saying this whichever "team" is being a criminal. This is corruption out in the open!

This should be CRIMINAL!

The idea that any American thinks this is okay astounds me. You have billionaire corporate scum in your country threatening their employees and instructing them on their voting, and people think this is fine?!

Seriously America, wake the F UP!

Ok, since you decided to go there, let me ask something.

Shouldn't the main stream media, Hollywood, the academia and the music industry be just as guilty for "trying to influence the vote"?

How are they threatening the public? Is everyone now reliant on the MSM, Hollywood, academia and music for employment now?

They are guilty if they threaten their employees with redundancy unless they vote their way, yes!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

So what kind of abuse are they doing?

I did a quick check... Damn those evil brothers...lol

Koch Industries Average Salary $76k

Energy & Utilities Industry Average Salary $53k

edit on 14-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Lets Start Here Shall We?
community.babycenter.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Yep...My Masters!

I never worked for a poor man...ever.

Glad you admitted that you are willing to whore yourself out for your lords.

Many people still have dignity, and won't let Corporate bullies push them into voting for a candidate, that could not care less about the average worker, but is all for Corporate Feudalism.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Lets Start Here Shall We?
community.babycenter.com...

What am I looking for? I don't see anything about Koch...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

My first reaction to that letter was, Isn't this illegal? It is a fear tactic for sure. If I worked for Koch, I would not let them influence my vote. I've been in a similar situation with a company that used high pressure tactics to force it's employees to contribute to their choice of charity, United Way (which since then has had more than its share of scandles). I was barely making a living and had 3 children at the time and was made to feel less because I would not "give."

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

We will not cave in to terrorist threats.

That is unAmerican.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

its a good indicator to vote for Obama then

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
i really don't like the way they are stating shutdowns/layoffs if Obama is re-elected, anymore than the "we will riot if Obama isn't re-elected". both sides are playing games it seems, i guess everyone is dammed no matter WHO wins.

one thing i think of is WHAT exactly do these big business types KNOW or think they know about what will happen if Obama gets re-elected? is there just cause for them to want to shut down in the event Obama wins? sounds to me like they are fearing loosing everything, if he wins.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Doesn't really matter anyway. All this does is dissuade the public from the understanding that they have no choice. Government: Obama or Romney?Citizen: What about door number three?Government: There is nothing substantial behind door number three.Citizen: Well I'd like more than two realistic options.Government: Obama or Romney?Citizen: Can we at least hear about door number three in a debate?Government: We gave you your options, and door three isn't one of them. The democratic process of the U.S. was subverted a long time ago. Keep reassuring yourself it hasn't and sooner or later you'll genuinely believe it.I don't know what's more disgusting. That a large part of the population will vote for either of these candidates, or that they think it's okay to have only two realistic choices when it comes to a position with as much importance as POTUS. Obama or Romney? Really? These are the best options there are? Out of everyone in America these guys are the "creme de la creme"? Romney is a financial parasite and a pathological liar, and Obama would fold in the first five seconds of dealing with any real opposition.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Nice spin op.
These are not direct, raking over the coals, threats, they are merely stating a fact and voicing a concern that if Obama is re-elected, many businesses may have no choice but to fire tons of folks because of ObamaCare.

Actually,
Many will and already have done so in anticipation of a second Obama term. Temp and manpower agencies have seen an upswing in business due to employers who need labor but simply can't stay in business if they get saddled with Obamacare for too many full time workers and are waiting until the election to make financial decisions. Also, many entrepreneurs are holding off on steps towards new businesses for fears that Obama will win.

That's just the way it is.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The threats here are 100 times worse !
Blacks Threaten Riots if BHO Loses Election

Echoing memories of the many riots and innocent lives lost in American cities when blacks rampage when dissatisfied with judicial or political decisions, law enforcement across the United States brace themselves for potential chaos if Obama loses the presidential election.

Will the most divisive campaign in modern American history culminate in massive riots in our major cities? Right now, supporters of Barack Obama and supporters of Mitt Romney are both pinning all of their hopes on a victory on November 6th. The race for the presidency is extremely tight, and obviously the side that loses is going to be extremely disappointed when the election results are finalized. But could this actually lead to violence? Could we actually see rioting in communities all over America? Well, the conditions are certainly ripe for it.

===============================================

“Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society.” ~ Aristotle

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Yes, I think it's interesting that GE CEO Immelt is an Obama crony, and heads his Central Committee on Jobs and Competitiveness and Non-Viable Policy Initiatives, (something like that) and that GE has benefitted from what the article you referenced as "aggressive lobbying " for all sorts of tax breaks, particularly in the last 5 years. Tax hikes on businesses always hurt you and me, not them.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Here's what I get from the letter: The Koch brothers are concerned its employees are going to vote for Obama. While they have a choice of who to vote for the letter is subtley trying to scare the employees about the future state of the country if they don't vote Romney.

I mean, if they really want their employees to exercise their right on which candidate to vote for then why the letter?

If I received this letter I would almost consider it blackmail. No corporation tells me who to vote for.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think it's hilarious many people really believe the different heads they can vote for aren't attached to the same snake.

Hilarious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join