It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plant based diet cures all diseases.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I have been watching videos on Netflex about plant based diets. They claim that such a diet will cure anything.

Has anybody tried such a diet?

I was a vegetarian for many years and I wasn't cured. However I ate flour, sugar, and processed foods.

On a plant based diet you eat fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, with a few nuts thrown in. No dairy, meat, sugar, or fats/oils.

Edgar Cayse (spelling?) said that this was a good diet for people with auto-ammune diseases like RA.

Any experience with this?.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
you should look for the documentary fat,sick and nearly dead. its about juicing veg and fruits and the health benefits are astounding. i plan on doing it after xmas

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

Yes, that is one of the ones I saw.

I have really just been looking for a healther way of eating. I don't want to drink my meals. Let me know how you do on it. I wonder if you will be hungry all the time.

I realized that I could easily never eat any fruits or vegetables and decided that kind of diet wasn't healthy.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

S&F but please, these discussions always turn into ugly shouting matches between meat eaters and vegetarians of varying degrees. Someone will invariably mention the baconator and the bacon shortage. It is a well traveled road. To answer your query yes a properly protein B vitamin packed plant based diet eating all colors of the spectrum can return a body to good health. Most organics the rule is first do no harm and that is because if you leave things alone and don't aggravate them NATURE does all the healing by itself without any help from us. To provide nature with the equipment you will need all those colors will allow the body to do what it does best - restore order and balance. Once restored people sometimes never do go back to eating meat.

Meat has been theorized as a catalyst toward making humans. It is thought that a diet of meat enabled us to prosper while other species of pre-human died out and did not survive. It is possibly true but remember that meat was a rare catch and today the quality of farm raised animals is not at all what an animal in the wild might be.

Good quality organic meat as as addition to the main meal or on salad entrees is the way to go if you like meat, eat pork in moderation and stay away from the fat on all of it.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Check out the Paleo diet. It is how our body has evolved to eat. Meat is not the bad guy, we need a lot of protein to keep our bodies fit and in shape. I lost 20 lbs in a few months while forming muscle along the way with this diet, walking, and doing my regular pushups. We need animal fat for energy (animal fat burns the cleanest in our bodies) and we need the protein to form and/or maintain those muscles.

The whole point of the diet is that we have evolved as humans for over millions of years on this diet and only stepped into the agricultural stage about 20,000 years ago. Our bodies have not evolved to take in grains, legumes, etc.

I have researched and tried Vegetarian, Vegan, Mediterranean, etc and this diet seems to be the one that helped the most.

Check out these articles if you are interested:

www.marksdailyapple.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat
reply to post by truthseeker10

Yes, that is one of the ones I saw.

I have really just been looking for a healther way of eating. I don't want to drink my meals. Let me know how you do on it. I wonder if you will be hungry all the time.

I realized that I could easily never eat any fruits or vegetables and decided that kind of diet wasn't healthy.

When you focus on vegetable it is easy and cheap to hit the produce section buy a bunch and cook them.

The best thing about it is you never have to stop eating and the more fruits and veggies you can fit into your face everyday almost no matter how they are cooked* is beneficial. It is important to wash veggies eaten raw thoroughly since outsides are covered in pesticide residue. They say they aren't but they are.

I look up recipes on the internet. An example...a head of cauliflower usually lasted me 4 servings or would go bad in the fridge now I eat the whole thing roasted along with a butternut squash, a whole bunch of fresh asparagus a buttered corn on the cob, 2 apples, 2 bananas, an avocado, some carrots, celery and hummus I make in a mortar and pestle with a can of chick peas garlic lemon and olive oil. Now I buy a bunch of parsley, boil it, blend it and drink it. Point is you can experiment with recipes and eat all day. Slice up cucumbers in a pitcher of water and it makes the water taste great.

edit on 14-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm very split on the matter...I have long agreed with the paleo argument that all meats with the exception of processed meats are good for you, and I go as far to agree with them on the grains however I wouldn't block them out entirely. We all eat far too many grain products nowadays but eliminating them is a step too far as long as you stick to whole grain and keep it a little under moderation you can't go wrong.

Plenty of vegetables with plenty of non-processed meat with limited whole grains, no milk or at least milk on rare occasions and occasionally having legumes as a snack (honestly, I have no idea what the paleo lot are on about when they condemn legumes) is the best way to go in my opinion while getting plenty of exercise
edit on 14-10-2012 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2012 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

How does it become a step too far? I don't voice this in an aggressive tone but in a curious one. I have gone a long time without the need to touch grains. Just meat, vegetables, and fruits. Maybe on the weekend ill cheat but so do most people on most diets... its called "cheat day" and keeps your metabolism guessing.

Paleo, in terms of cost, really isnt that expensive if you cut out all the nasty processed foods, junk food, soda, etc and obtain cheap vegetables and fruits (You can grow these, even in an urban setting! Check out the window farm link below), Meat that is locally raised from farmers markets and even nuts.

There are always ways to eat healthier and most excuses about "going too far" usually equate out to "I am either too lazy or unwilling to learn how to be more efficient with my resources to obtain what I want"

Window Farm: www.windowfarms.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It is proven beyond a doubt that man needs meat in their diet. Look at your teath, they are obviously for both meats and plants. We wouldn't have the teeth we have if we were meant to be herbavores. Nor molars if we were meant to eat only meat.

We are designed to eat both.

Also predators have eyes in the front of their heads, for better depth perception, herbavores have them one the sides, to keep an eye on the surrounding environment for predators.

Where are mans eyes located?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

There's a big difference between eating too many grains and eating barely any say one or two slices of bread a day and no other grain products. My main gripe with it is that when I was veering to try it out once the cost looked huge. I don't drink any fizzy drinks or the like but if you want the decent quality grass-fed meat then the cost can be huge to have enough food to fill your belly. One, two slices of bread being detrimental to your health? I don't think so myself but bread, that bun on the burger you just had, maybe some biscuits or whatever....yes that will do damage added together. Legumes I see nothing wrong with whatsoever...even following the "grok" mentality which most of the Paleo lot like to do, if they saw a nut....they'd think nothing of it and they'd eat it after cracking it open.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
imo sugar is the main reason we get ill from our food, i have been eating only protein and veg, with fresh fruit for breakfast having cut sugar/bad carbs completley out of my diet and have noticed a vast improvement in my health.

also dropped 17lbs in the past 7 days too boot.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Good quality organic meat as as addition to the main meal or on salad entrees is the way to go if you like meat, eat pork in moderation and stay away from the fat on all of it.

The plant based diet says no meat and that it cures all diseases.

I don't think some meat is bad for you, especially fish and fowl, but I am curious about the claim of curing.

Do you know anyone who was healed of a disease by their diet?

(I love pork but I hate the idea that they eat anything, including people, if they get the chance.)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ApolloBloodline

Check out these articles if you are interested:

Thanks for the info.

I wanted to research this diet but didn't know the name of it.

I really am a carb addict. When I am hungry that is what I look for. I am trying to keep apples and other quick foods on hand to munch on instead.

I hate the idea that I will need to get rid of my candy bowl!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Planets barely have any negative effect, if at all.

If you eat fruits and vegetables and grains, you start to ave better bowel movement, energetic, and no sluggishness.

Animals on the other hand, esp now a days where its human bred, is very bad.

I try to avoid red meats, and stick with seafood and whit meat. Then again, human contamination is slowly creeping into those as well.

Its too late for me... i already got the taste of red meat.. but when i have kids, im gonna strict their diet to seafood, occasional chicken or birds and fruits/veges/nuts/ and grains.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

When you focus on vegetable it is easy and cheap to hit the produce section buy a bunch and cook them.

The plant based diet says no oil/fat of any kind except for those found in nuts and in whole fruit or vegetables.

They also suggest that more than 50% of your food be eaten raw.

I don't think it is more expensive to buy apples than it is to buy Oreos, especially since I eat 10 cookies for a snack vs. 1 apple.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10
imo sugar is the main reason we get ill from our food, i have been eating only protein and veg, with fresh fruit for breakfast having cut sugar/bad carbs completley out of my diet and have noticed a vast improvement in my health.

also dropped 17lbs in the past 7 days too boot.

OMG sugar seems to be in everything! I have been hearing about corn sugar and raised levels of insulin so I started looking for it in the ingredients. It is in my shredded wheat. It is in my whole wheat bread. It is in my spagetti sauce with extra vegetables. It is in my crackers. It is everywhere.

When I was a teen I ate a vegetarian diet with no flour and no sugar. I lost a lot of weight mostly because I was too lazy to cook and I couldn't eat much that was easily available.

Do you think you can stay on this diet forever? I have decided that I want a way of living, not a "diet". I am gradually adding fruits and vegetables to my diet and trying to have at least one high fiber item like baked beans or barley every day. I am trying to decrease my intake of white flour and sugar.

I was shocked to learn that we should eat 11 to 13 servings of fruit and vegetables a day when I often had none or only 1.

Then I came across the plant based diet and became curious about the claims of healing.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Its too late for me... i already got the taste of red meat.. but when i have kids, im gonna strict their diet to seafood, occasional chicken or birds and fruits/veges/nuts/ and grains.

You will have to home school if you want to control your kids diets.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The plant based diet says no meat and that it cures all diseases.

I don't think some meat is bad for you, especially fish and fowl, but I am curious about the claim of curing.

Do you know anyone who was healed of a disease by their diet?

(I love pork but I hate the idea that they eat anything, including people, if they get the chance.)

Yeah I do. Bill Clinton and I think he wrote a book about it but all you really had to do was look at the difference in his physical appearance after a plant based diet. He went from pasty white and bloated with dark circles to rosy good health and lean fitness fairly quickly just by changing what he eats.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

He does look good.

I didn't realize that he was on a plant based diet.

Thanks.

top topics

join