It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have Proof", the effective outlets for the release of sensitive information.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This is it, you finally have legitimate proof of a conspiracy or non-terrestrial event, that could potentially change life on this planet as we know it. The evidence in your hands is so compelling and so shocking, that you are unable to contain your excitement.

Then, a thought from the back of your mind, that has been blurred by the excitement and frantic nature of your discovery, pushes its way to the forefront; "Who is going to believe me and where do i go?"

This is a critical moment where you either destroy your opportunity to effectively release the information or follow the steps in my breakdown to spread the information sufficiently to ensure that it is placed in the hands of the right people, with little fear of it being covered up or mocked as a hoax.

The purpose of this thread is to outline the appropriate procedures in effectively disseminating sensitive and/or critical information that is of secret/extra terrestrial/ crypto-zooilogical/conspiracy nature.

The following is my evaluation of a proper procedure to correctly handle information of the above nature. The following issues will be of the utmost importance.

1. Information consolidation

This issue i have placed at the forefront of my procedure as it will be the most important throughout the entirety of the dissemination and evaluation process of your information.

It seems apparent that, as soon as someone gets some information of highly sensitive or important nature that the desire to rush off and release said information as soon as possible is irresistible. In my opinion this will be the downfall of any effective release.

Without taking the proper amount of time to consolidate all the information you have access to and putting in a form that will allow for greater accessibility and easier dissemination, you risk leaving out important information, or incomplete information, or inaccurate information that will either inhibit the release of said information or cause credibility issues to crop up down the road.

I am sure we can all attest to seeing biweekly threads in the introduction section claiming to have information similar in nature to what i have described above and all to often the information is not forth coming, or accurate or consistent. This is the down fall of many.

So, to summarize. Take a moment, take a day, hell take year, time permitting, to collect your thoughts and consolidate all the photos, physical evidence and what ever else you may have.

I would highly recommend writing down a detailed account of the information and the events leading up to your acquisition of said information to allow for a consist source of primary information.

2. Time

It was hard to decide whether to put time as #1 or #2 due to the fact that time applies to everything you do.

Operate within a time frame you believe you have, this depends on nature of the information you carry. Refer to item #1 to potentially get an idea of how much time you may or may not have to release your information.

Time is a tricky variable in this situation as some may have weeks or months, while some have hours to release the information they carry for what ever reason.This section has so much to in fact that i have decided to keep it short and sweet.

Operate under a time frame you feel comfortable with

No two situations will be alike, but the more time that you can take to prepare yourself and the information you have collected the better. Rush jobs can only lead to more problems down the road. Of course if your life is in danger, then it is understandable.

3. Who to contact

Here is the real meat of this thread. Who should you contact once you have properly consolidated your information.

The following is predicated on a scenario in which there is a party that does not want you to release the information you have.

Independent organizations that relate to your information.

I decided to list this first, opposed to media outlets, because it is effective to release your information to people who are already predisposed to believe you or the information you carry.

For example, if your information was related to extra terrestrials, MUFON (The Mutual UFO Network) would be a good place to start. MUFON | The Mutual UFO Network

MUFON is currently the largest and oldest UFO organization in the world that publishes a monthly journal, holds an annual symposium, has a structured field investigator training program and currently has more than 800 trained field investigators, has a nationwide rapid response team for high value investigations, has a membership of 2,800 people, has a continually improving computerized UFO case management system, has a trained underwater dive team, and has an active business board of directors.

This organization bring a relatively structured approach to the events they investigate. I unable to vouch for the validity of their research method, but none the less, getting your information in their hands would be a good start.

Conspiracy websites

Websites such as Above top secret are also useful places to disseminate your information. Grant it, in my experience on these forums, people presenting information as being discussed, are typically met with an over abundance of skepticism. However, i assure you that if the information you have is real and you are able to communicate in a effective manner, you will get the support of your fellow members and perhaps even the ATS staff as we have recently seen.

DO NOT!, i repeat do not start an introduction thread with two sentences claiming you have ground breaking information. Your credibility will be tarnished beyond repair.

At this stage, the point is to get the information into the hands of as many "unofficial" people as possible. Again, we are operating under the assumption that your information will be covered up and I coin "official" people as those belonging to the government or main stream media outlets.

After you have effectively communicated the information to this independent/unofficial mediums, your information, if found valid, will most likely start spreading like wild fire. Once the exposure of you information has increased to a substantial level, you go to the larger media outlets with all the formalized information you put together in step #1.

No, do not go call up CNN or FOX news, stay local at first or internet based. Go to your local paper and drop off a copy of your information.

The Independent
The Real News Network
World News

These are just a short list of some good independent news outlets to start with.Here is an article reviewing each of these media sources: Top 5 World News Websites
Which goes into detail why they are good.

Depending on how effective you believe your message as been transmitted thus far, you can go the major outlets if desired.

I would say refrain from social media like facebook, twitter and similar mediums in the early stages. This can give the wrong impression right off the bat.

There are many other steps that can be implemented, so i invite my fellow members to suggest some methods for effectively disseminating critical information similar to what i just described.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I decided to start this thread as I found myself contemplating the ramifications and difficulties of releasing potentially ground breaking information. Many times I have seen some convincing claims be met with harsh criticism and skepticism, sometimes justified, and how debilitating it can be.

My greatest fear, as I believe many share, is that we may miss out on the opportunity to be a medium for this kind of information.

I hope all can contribute their opinions on possible methods for appropriately spreading information of this kind.

Denying ignorance, sometimes requires you to put aside your preconceptions of our world, to accommodate the truly unexplainable, until it can be explained.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
You forgot the fact that many people, if actually in possession of real "reality shifting" information, are going to want to profit off of it. They will not just want to disseminate it freely so someone else can snatch it up and start taking the credit and get rich and famous (who the hell wants to be famous anyway).

Other than that I think you did an okay job, but no concepts you presented were really that groundbreaking. Basically the trick is, maintain composure. Wait and do it right.

I also think you forgot Youtube as a critical place to post something if you really want it to be seen and get big. (And if your "thing" is real, then it will get big.)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

I agree YouTube would be a great resource. However, YouTube seems to bend to the will of the government quite often and under pressure they would take your video down.

I would say, utilize social media first and pray that people take it seriously, depending on the type of information ofcourse

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

I did put some serious consideration into Youtube, but as others have mentioned, they seem to be on a hair trigger with regards to the removal of certain videos if the right authorities were to get involved.

Also i figured that once the information was to make it to the organizations and independent websites, it would be indirectly placed on youtube as in gained in awareness, thus removing the need for you to do it.

People are always willing to try and take credit for other peoples information.

The profit motive is also a good point. Depending on the type of information though, the likelihood of get some monetary compensation varies.

But good points thus far

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
With recent events in mind, the high altitude jump done by felix, it is also important to share everything you have with people truly passionate about the issue at hand.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think it important to shift mindset somewhat -- recognize that you will NEVER ever EVER have "proof". All you will ever have is "evidence". If you had proof, you wouldn't need to worry about people "believing" you, would you? With that in mind, the whole question becomes much more reasonably addressed. How convincing is this evidence to different people? What forum maximizes its short- and long- term believablility (ie, an impressive show may convince for a hour but fall apart under scrutiny)? What kinds of presentation would make discredit it? How can you best address counterarguments and cut them off at the pass?

Anytime I see someone claiming to have "proof", I inevitably find someone with very low standards of belief with some really crappy "evidence" combined with their own interpretation which they insist MUST be true just because it's consistent with the facts.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
MOST OF THE THINGS ON YOUTUBE IS FAKE. IF ANY REAL INFO WAS LEAKED IT WOULD BE TOOK AND CRIMINAL CHARGES WOULD BE BROUGHT ON THE PERSON POSTING

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by demon5633

Your opinion would be more convincing if your post displayed a rudimentary understanding of English grammar and syntax, let alone netiquette.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
groudbreaking , life changing information ? i would honestly hi-jack a TV-studio and have national coverage in minutes.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
if you have proof that is so solid it cant be debated and will put your life at risk then here is an idea

create a computer program that will auto post it to hundreds of internet forums all at once, then uninstall itself when finished

upload said program via usb flash drive onto a computer that is far from your home away from cameras or anything identifiable,

soon as you start the program leave quickly
edit on 10/17/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join