It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quija board I created works...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I used an Ouija board once, there was a group of us, about five, controlling the device and we all took turns answering questions. There was a security guard there and also a shaman who was using his energy to protect us from evil spirits.

During our experience, the wooden piece moved so fast around the board that it dragged our hands along with it. It answered all of our questions with eerily accurate precision. After we were done, there was a sulfur smell that lingered around for days.

It freaked out a lot of the people there, because they were atheists and didn't believe in spirits. They thought that I was trying to trick them, but I had nothing to do with it. There was also an observer there who refused to participate, but was convinced that the phenomenon was caused by psychological phenomena.
edit on 14-10-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh
It's a monumentally bad idea you had there. It's not a game. It's quite dangerous, and honestly, you should leave well enough alone. You've just opened the door. I've yet to hear a ouija board story that turned out being a pleasant experience.

My advice is to burn the thing/destroy it and pray.

Yeah, that'll do the trick for you, Evanzsayz. Fighting superstition with superstition.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by Ben81
Burn it !

No, don't burn it!

Burning a Ouija board is equal to trapping the entity in this dimension as they cannot travel back through whence they came.

Actually burning a Ouija board is the proper way to destroy it. But people seem to forget that you need to drown it first.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Ideomotor effect. Although you'll never convince true believers of anything else, because they often have 'strange experiences' afterwards that will only serve to reinforce their personal belief systems. It's fascinating to me that humans are so easily fooled into certain 'beliefs' by our own minds and bodies. No wonder people were and are controlled and enslaved by elite religious organizations.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yeah, weren't you supposed to break it into 4 pieces, bind it with ropes and rocks, drown it in a running stream, then pull it out, let it dry and then burn it?

Just going off of some oddball memory, could be from a movie though...lol

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimoniousfinale

Originally posted by LeSigh
It's a monumentally bad idea you had there. It's not a game. It's quite dangerous, and honestly, you should leave well enough alone. You've just opened the door. I've yet to hear a ouija board story that turned out being a pleasant experience.

My advice is to burn the thing/destroy it and pray.

Yeah, that'll do the trick for you, Evanzsayz. Fighting superstition with superstition.

It always amazes me that it seems that folks won't say diddly-squat to all kinds of stuff- but if a Christian says it- man, you've gotta jump in there and add your condescension. It's a real ATS problem, anyway.

Oh, well, have a great day!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

Here is my honest opinion on your Ouija board.

Be careful. Always be aware that Ouija is like a random phone call, you just don't know what you will get. There are spirits out there that would just love to mess with peoples heads, and do. If you get one of these, just be prepared to find a way to get rid of said spirit if things go wrong.

I don't mess with it myself. I prefer my own method of spirit contact, but I do understand this is a form of exploration and sometimes it is how we learn and grow, but just be careful and aware that no matter what, nothing can hurt you unless you give it the power to. You are in control of your destiny.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I used to be a heavy Ouija board user when i was younger, it really opened my mind up to the paranormal. i also created a board out of computer paper by writing the letters and numbers on it with a marker. it worked just fine to my surprise, i still have it to this day. it doesn't get much use and just sets on the shelf in my basement.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

I loved reading your Ouija thread on unscrambling a message.

You figure it out yet?

help unscramble ouija board message

I found that to be a very interesting thread.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
So I just ripped it into like 6 different pieces and threw it away, don't have any lighter fluid or I would of burned it. Just got a really bad vibe from it and usually feelings I get from things like that are dead on.

Omg .. Thats the worst thing you could do
now you need to find all the pieces before you loose them for good
and make sure you burn every little pieces

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I had an amusing experience with an Ouija board in my teenage years. A whole lot of us were at a house party and some girls had the bright idea of fooling around with one. They wrote out number and letter and placed these in a circle on a table, meanwhile the house owner took one look at this, muttered his disapproval and left the room. The crowd around the table/board were now ready to begin and reached out to touch the upturned glass. At this time the owner was elsewhere saying "They aren't going to do any spooky nonsense in my house" and he reached out to cut the power. I was in the Ouija room and at the exactly time the participants touched the glass all the lights went out. Hysteria ensued - go figure.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thank you!

I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe someday it will just click and ill be like, " Ohh thats what that meant" lol

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by Ben81
Burn it !

No, don't burn it!

Burning a Ouija board is equal to trapping the entity in this dimension as they cannot travel back through whence they came.

The wood or cardboard in this case, or whatever material is used, is not a vortex, its not a gateways, its merely a tool. The connection is happening in your mind, you are the channeler for this, and this is the tool.

The board doesn't bring them in or trap them, it merely gives those who are already able to access this realm (including going back) a way to reach you.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Has there been any science experiments regarding the boards? I'm wondering this because some of you think that it's a subconscious phenomenon and I'm sure if it was cat-scans and brain monitoring systems would be able to most likely pinpoint what's happening exactly in the brain when the cursor moves? Il look more into it and be back, the more help though would be merrier. Thanks

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I don't believe anyone should do an experiment with the ouji board, but some scientists have done with mediums, and evp experiments, in fact that is how the television got invented.

EVP is just as dangerous too, but I do actually understand how someone without prejudice, fears, or any occult concepts, who refuses to let another cast a spell over their consciousness, but who is a truth seeker, and an investigator, could be interested in exploring these things. But I imagine even with such a person, the entity's job would be to weaken the clarity of their thought and induce fear, once that was done, they would be falling within their hands.

So No One should ever go near this. Benevolents, Family, the Good can always reach a person, through dreams and even in real contact and experiences. They don't need these tools. There is a thing called "permissions" and remember how you have to invite the vampire into your home, so, I wouldn't give them. And if they've been given, ask for help from your Soul, God, Family to close that permission and renounce/denounce it.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
When I was around 7 my mother played with a Oejia board. I didn't notice anything unusual after that but then our home was pretty demonic in many ways to begin with so who knows?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
My teen age niece mentioned during a visit with family that she and a friend were going to another friends home to play with an ouija board.

The eight or nine adults present all looked at her and responded,
"No!"
"Hell no."
"Don't you dare."
and so forth.

My niece looked pretty shocked as it was loud, instantaneous and overwhelming from that many people.

I was surprised that everyone held such strong feelings about these things. I doubt any of them would have even given an opinion in casual conversation but were very outspoken when it came to our niece playing with the board.

It may be attributable to superstition but knowing my family, I'd say it is something else. None of them ever talk about this stuff. I think it's an instinctual reaction.

Did your niece do it? Because if a tableful of people told me not to do something, I'd run to do it...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Oh no no no. Why did you do that ? This time I really hope you are just pulling our leg for Halloween kicks because if you really did this and something happened as a result, I feel very bad for you.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You're going to get a bunch of replies from the superstitious ultrareligious types on here telling you to get rid of it, destroy it, burn it, all that kind of stuff.

One, you NEVER burn or destroy a Ouija board. If their fears are justified, committing such an act will release all the energies, good and bad. You will essentially create a portal for energies. Two, a majority of the stuff you're told about Ouija boards is superstitious bunk. Three, if you went far enough to actually MAKE one, why would you throw all that work away? It's your toy now, have fun with it! It's just an occult experiment of the lowest degree!

As for the rest, I don't know. Keep playing with it.

In fact, why don't you ask the Ouija board itself?
the worst that could happen is you don't get a coherent answer. But if you're not superstitious, then there's no need to fear the board. You made it from your own materials, so what are the chances it's cursed? Not very likely.

Have fun with your Ouija!

edit on 14-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

What makes you an expert on the occult? How do you know something will happen? Are you just being superstitious?

90% of the people who are heavily against this stuff, have maybe one or two very brief experiences under their belt, if that. They are afraid of demons they've conjured in their own mind. Remember, people aren't comfortable with the unfamiliar and unexplained - they'd rather stay in their comfort zones.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join