It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient War ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
There are many names for the secretive cabal that runs everything behind the scenes on this planet. They decide when and where to grow peace, to let war ravage nations, to fatten people beyond all reason, to allow others to starve; they decide who lives and who dies. Whatever their ultimate aims are, if they have any goal at all besides being in charge (which they already are), there is little doubt that they have been at the top of the social food chain for many generations.

Though pockets of resistance to their de-facto rule exist here and there, these secretive rulers hold an effective hegemony over everything that happens (and how it happens) on Earth. Through dealings with governments, organized crime, and large religions, they hold an unshakable power over billions of people. The few Humans who fall outside their sphere of direct control are easily kept at bey through division and false information.

Now, my grandfather was not a powerful man. He was mayor of a smallish town in the American West for a few years before I was born, and he was a popular attorney, but he was never one of the Movers and Shakers. He was a Mason, but he never advanced beyond a few degrees, though he was active in many of the extra-curricular activities of the Masons. He used to say he wasn't an ambitious man; he only wanted a quiet life free from disturbance by the government or anyone else who might come knocking uninvited. And he knew that rising to any kind of prominence was just asking for disturbance.

I remember once asking my grandfather what the Masons were, if Freemasonry was a kind of second church or something. He just said it was a social club, and a place where you meet important people who can help you further your career. He said he wasn't much interested in the "hocus-pocus" part of the organization, and that's why he had never bothered to advance too far. He'd met who he needed to meet and that was that. That was what he told me, anyway.

After he died, I discovered he hadn't been completely truthful with me. Among some of his affects there was an old-looking book inscribed with Masonic symbols that my father kept buried in a closet, under boxes full of old junk. I know that's where he kept it, because years later I stumbled across the book, and being curious I started looking through it. It was written in French, which I don't read and didn't have any way to translate discreetly. There were illustrations of all kinds of things in that book, most of which I couldn't describe to you now but a few of which have stuck with me. Beautiful hand-drawn depictions of ancient temples and ceremonies mostly, with a few battle scenes throughout.

The image I am concerned with now was one of these battles. It showed, on the left side, an army of ancient soldiers wearing tunics and armor, carrying a flag with a Masonic crescent moon on it. On the right, was an army of about equal size, and before them waved a banner showing a Pentagon shape and the letters L.D.D. Being an old picture from an old book it never really struck me as meaningful, it only stayed in my mind because of the beautiful symmetry of the picture itself.

But earlier this week I saw another reference to "L.D.D." Not in a book this time but on TV. I noticed a weird image flash over a program I was watching, so I hit rewind on the DVR and forwarded a frame at a time. It's a little hard to make out but here it is:

And a larger detail:

I've searched for references to L.D.D., and haven't had much luck. The other acronym, P.O.E.E. seems to be an acronym for all kinds of things, none of which point to the Illuminati. So maybe someone here has some idea what I'm looking at?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

Any chance you can scan the picture of the ancient battle and post it?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Look up discordianism.
Poee is a group/sect that represents the worship of the goddess of chaos.
I haven't been able to find LDD yet but I would assume the picture is symbolic of order versus chaos/evil. We can possibly assume LDD represents a sect or group that champions order/good.

I'd like to see the picture as well.

What was the video that you got the screen shot from?

Looked like Newt and a couple of chicks from Logans Run.
edit on 13-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Aye would love to see that picture too.

Can't say L.D.D or P.O.E.E means anything but I'm not an expert in N.W.O or Freemasonary.

Not being funny but the stuff on the screen wasn't text from the T.V's menu or internal recording system.

Was the programme recorded on your t.v's version of the sky planner or iplayer.i.e saved so you could replay it or did you rewind it through live rewind ??

The face looks like a weird sinister version of Anne Widecomb to me.lol

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
just seen that POEE has five degrees/levels the first two being -

Legionnaire disciple

Legionnaire deacon

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Unfortunately I can't give you a scan of the original book. It and my father were lost in a fire at his house about ten years back. I asked him about the book, but either he didn't know anything or wouldn't say anything (probably the former). I've looked online for a copy of the image but I can't find it anywhere. There are a lot of images LIKE it, but all you have to do is look up "battle etching" in Google Images to find them.

I haven't heard of Discordianism but when I look it up I can't find much, except a few weirdos on the Internet. Doesn't seem to have the kind of teeth that could hijack a TV broadcast, or even the kind of ambition that would give them a reason to in the first place. It did shed some light on LDD though -- according to Wikipedia there is a thing called the "Legion of Dynamic Discord" which is made up of "rogue" Discordians. I still think, though, that if it's related at all it's just a bunch of modern yahoos using words somebody read in an old book about something else.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

Check this out. Familiar?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You say that stuff flashed up on the screen-- and you had to go frame by frame to get a shot of it. Weird... sounds like subliminal stuff to me. Also weird that it says LDD Disregard the Programming.

Maybe a message to those affiliated with LDD to not be 'programmed' by what was being shown, like the sheeple?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
As badgerprints has pointed out, discordianism is part and parcel of what you're looking at, I would say. LDD is a discordian group of french origins, I think. LDD supposedly means Legion of Dynamic Discord. But I am certain this is incorrect. I just don't know what it DOES stand for.

The image in the book may be a representation of the French revolution, and the idea that it was planned, backed, and financed by the same people on both sides of the war, under different names.

If you ever find that image, I would like to see it.

"Ordo Ab Chao"
edit on 10/14/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

We are lied to. Our history is a fabrication, in the past there have been many battles that we do no know about today. Including nuclear war.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

I'm glad someone else thought that as that was the first thing I thought as well.

If Newt is involved, then there has to be a conspiracy somewhere nearby.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Look up discordianism.
Poee is a group/sect that represents the worship of the goddess of chaos.
I haven't been able to find LDD yet but I would assume the picture is symbolic of order versus chaos/evil. We can possibly assume LDD represents a sect or group that champions order/good.

I'd like to see the picture as well.

Discordianism is the the first thing that popped into my mind too. Every once in a while, you'll come across Discordian references on TV (Max Headroom anyone?). However, I've seen way more Church of the SubGenius references on TV in the past (especially in cartoons like Earthworm Jim). I think a lot of people who write stuff for TV love Discordianism. I used to be huge into that stuff when I was an undergrad.

LDD- Legion of Dynamic Discord
POEE- Paratheo-Anametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric

ETA: Klassified beat me to it!

The thing to keep in mind- Discordians are very tongue in cheek. They don't take themselves seriously. However, if that has anything at all to do with the picture in the book you have- I don't know. Was your book published in 1965 or later?
edit on 14-10-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
You say that stuff flashed up on the screen-- and you had to go frame by frame to get a shot of it. Weird... sounds like subliminal stuff to me. Also weird that it says LDD Disregard the Programming.

Maybe a message to those affiliated with LDD to not be 'programmed' by what was being shown, like the sheeple?

Discordianism is a parody religion. If it said to 'disregard the programming' then it does seem to be a Discordian reference. What do the non-religious tell people all the time? Don't let religion drag you in and 'program' you. It's not a huge conspiracy. The conspiracy is that there isn't one with this. The people who make references to it- think it is hilarious when others think there is a conspiracy.

BTW- a serious question: What program were you watching when you saw this image?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I was watching The Colbert Report -- but the image is from a commercial for some kind of shampoo or something. The women are runway models.

Maybe the picture in the book wasn't referring to the same LDD, but it's odd that that acronym would show up both in a subversive subliminal and in an old depiction of someone fighting the Illuminati in a more direct way. The book was definitely older than 1965, though.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
I was watching The Colbert Report -- but the image is from a commercial for some kind of shampoo or something. The women are runway models.

Maybe the picture in the book wasn't referring to the same LDD, but it's odd that that acronym would show up both in a subversive subliminal and in an old depiction of someone fighting the Illuminati in a more direct way. The book was definitely older than 1965, though.

Say no more. The Colbert Report explains everything. Apparently, he makes Discordian references all the time.

ETA: I looked up why. Colbert and John Stewart were essentially letter bombed by Discordians to slip references in a few years back. They both do on occasion.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh

Discordianism is a parody religion. If it said to 'disregard the programming' then it does seem to be a Discordian reference. What do the non-religious tell people all the time? Don't let religion drag you in and 'program' you. It's not a huge conspiracy. The conspiracy is that there isn't one with this. The people who make references to it- think it is hilarious when others think there is a conspiracy.

BTW- a serious question: What program were you watching when you saw this image?

It wasn't me who was watching a program. If you look on the Thread-Starter's 2nd image, it's right there. Very strange. It clearly says "Disregard the Programming."

Also, just a side note... I would have responded to this earlier, but for some reason, my "Replies" under the Messages link on "Show Ribbon" were no longer bolded, meaning they had been clicked on already by someone who is not me. (I gave it a glance earlier today and saw nothing unread.) Just now I looked closer and realized I'd missed yours b/c of this. This has happened to me on several occasions. I've changed my PW. Very creepy!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh

It wasn't me who was watching a program. If you look on the Thread-Starter's 2nd image, it's right there. Very strange. It clearly says "Disregard the Programming."

Also, just a side note... I would have responded to this earlier, but for some reason, my "Replies" under the Messages link on "Show Ribbon" were no longer bolded, meaning they had been clicked on already by someone who is not me. (I gave it a glance earlier today and saw nothing unread.) Just now I looked closer and realized I'd missed yours b/c of this. This has happened to me on several occasions. I've changed my PW. Very creepy!!!

I realize it wasn't you- and the OP said it was the Colbert Report. I explained in the post above yours why a Discordian reference at any time during that show is nothing to be concerned about. It's a joke.

top topics

join