It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: Unfit or Unstable?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
I've met the President.

Have you?

If you met the Devil you'd swear he was the Angel of Light.

You know what else? Just b/c you meet someone, does not mean you know them.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
My comment on Bush ECK, I think he has done a good job.
I understand why some people might disagree but the fact is the economy was on the verge of recession when he took office and his tax cuts IMHO have helped to stimulate growth.

from factcheck.orgIt's not quite true, as the ad claims, that Bush inherited "an economy already in recession (emphasis added)." It would have been accurate to say Bush inherited "an economy on the verge of recession."

The National Bureau of Economic Research, a non-partisan group of mostly academic economists, set the start date of the recession as March 2001, weeks after Bush took office on Jan 20. The NBER defines a recession as "a significant decline in economic activity spread across the economy, lasting more than a few months, normally visible in real GDP, real income, employment, industrial production, and wholesale-retail sales."

To be sure, the rate of economic growth had slowed significantly at the time Bush took office, as the longest boom in US history drew to a close. Real Gross Domestic Product, a general indicator of economic performance, grew an an unimpressive annual rate of 2.1 percent in the final quarter of 2000, after actually contracting by half a percentage point in the previous quarter. But employment was still growing when Bush was sworn in, and the economy actually added 113,000 payroll jobs between January and March 2001, before starting to decline in April.

In fact, the NBER did not even make a determination that a recession had begun until 10 months after Bush was sworn in, and said that the downturn might not even have qualified as a recession until the attacks of September 11, 2001 exacerbated the nation's economic troubles. The NBER's Business Cycle Dating Committee said, "Before the attacks, it is possible that the decline in the economy would have been too mild to qualify as a recession. The attacks clearly deepened the contraction and may have been an important factor in turning the episode into a recession."

see my post in the thread Tax and spend liberal for my thoughts on that matter

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He was the first president to approve federal funding for stem cell research
He has increased federal fundng for education over 50%
He managed to get his increased budget for NASA pushed through
He has taken the offense on the war on terror. Even Kerry admitted that Iraq has become a magnet for terrorists, which I believe was one of the reasons for the liberation.
He cut the taxes of every american across the board.
Don't get me wrong I disagree with a lot of his policies, such as mking marijuana the focus of the war on drugs but on the whole I like his vision of the future and am impressed by what he has accomplished.
In the 2000 electon the only reason I voted for Bush was because Gore is a proponent of censorship. In essence I was saying "anybody but gore" But over the last four years I have come to respect President Bush.
Though I live in europe I really don't care what the european opinon of US foreign policy is. It doesn't bother me at all that France Germany and others disagree wth his policies. I don't think hes perfect and I belive the invasion of raq was mishadled to an extent. Personallly I think in addition to the 150,000 troops we sent we should have sent 200,000 contractors and an army of heavy equipment as well. I think the main reason guys like Al Sadr and the like have made so much headway is because of how long its taking for reconstructon and how high the unemployment rate is. But given Kerrys lack of achievement in the senate I don't believe he will acomplish anything as president.
See my thread on Kerry's acomplishments as senator
www.abovetopsecret.com...
as well as the source article factcheck.org...
Well ECK those are my thoughts on Bush.
Allthough I still havent awnsered your loaded question have I?

I don't think he is either unstable or unfit.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm not about to sit here and go on about how great Clinton was w/the economy. I think the seeds were planted during George H. W. Bush's tenure. Clinton tended it well. And he avoided getting us into war. That made for a very decent economy. I did very well, especially toward the end of his second term. But, since Bush has taken office, everything has turned upside down. You DO NOT go to war AND cut taxes like these buffoons have. Our national debt is beyond imagining. It's insane.

As a Republican I want to say to every last one of you Bush supporters out there: NO LIBERAL PRESIDENT HAS EVER SPENT MORE THAN GEORGE W. BUSH!!!! What part of that do you not understand? That charge doesn't hold any water any more! Bush is the biggest spending president we have ever had!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well, to quote one of the smartest people I've even met....

All the presidents are insane!! They'd have to be to want the job!!

NO, you wouldn't know the person who said that, he wasn't that smart. But, still, it's a good point. No sane person would want the headache of the job. Which leaves only the insane power hungry fools to compete for it.

In defense of Bush though.....why, I don't know....I really want the guy out of office....but, well, the day of the first debate he spent most his time surveying the hurricane damage.....it probably took a little out of him.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Actually I was reading in "The American Prospect" that the issue is not that he is unstable but the is a "Brain thing"

Matthew Yglesias wrote the article, he points out the abilities of a president to take care of the nation.

It said that,

Text Any none wants to say it, but the last three-plus years prove that Bush isn't smart enough to be president.

Now the article goes on into mistakes done by the administration and how Bush has a tendency of "recklessness perhaps born of things having gone a littler too easily so far in life"

Also we are very much familiar with Bush problems with words that failed him, and we also know about his memory lapse.

After 9/11 we know that people wanted the president to be a strong leader but we also with the help of the press went blind as the real Bush, he has made irrational decisions base in what he feels is the best, or what somebody tells him will be the best. We have seen so far those decisions has been with horrible consequences to our people our nation and the world.

It�s bush competent? Well a president is supposed to be able to make the right decisions even when will not satisfy the views of the nation. He has to be strong even if the nations see him as week and that includes going into irrational wars because he wants to fulfill a revenge agenda.

Bush became the hero of this nation after 9/11 and his retaliation in Afghanistan, but his lack of judgment and perhaps leadership or "intelligence" makes him take more step creating the fiasco that is now Iraq, so our hero went from a strong president to the bully in the eyes of the world.

Some said that bush tends to listen to anybody but his own intelligence.

EastCoastKid, You ask if Bush is unfit or unstable I said he is both and also lack intelligent reasoning.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Put yourself in his shoes. He's never even had to tie his own his whole life. I would say being a sheltered son of privilage makes him EXTREMELY unfit for his office. He is out of touch with reality, and thus very dangerous. He has no identifiable qualities except his feigned-faith. (which should be irrelevent, but considering our only non-protestant president was assasinated...) Even people who don't speak English well make fun of how inarticulate he is. He's not even a good liar, which is the most important quality for being President.

Handing the chief executive office of the country to someone who has succeeded in running several companies into the ground and profiting from it is poor judgement at best. It's like handing the keys to your new sportscar to a blind woman with a peg leg.

He is certainly unfit.

You can bet he's unstable too. Imagine, being barely literate having your whole life handed to you on a silver platter with no resistance. Then, half a century in on your pampered existance, people finally start standing up to you and questioning you. Standing out on a limb in those debates was way beyond anything he's ever been asked to do before. Lying to the press is a walk in the park compared defending yourself against someone with a vocabulary. Not to mention the fact that he was (or is) a heavy drinker and drug user. Drugs can make anyone unstable. Just look at Chris Farley. I wouldnt' be surprised to see GW either having a mental breakdown or a coronary sometime before or shortly after the election.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Its obvious that Bush is an unstable man, check out this video comparing bush's mental state over a 10 year period:

(4mb .mov file, right click save as)

Bush over 10 years

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
striking difference. I bet he was still doing coke when the first clip was filmed. He definately sounds a lot more like Ozzy Osborne now....

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Not that have the slightest bit of sympathy, but consider the fact that this man has been blasted and bombarded from left and right concerning his ability (or lack thereof) to be President...

Now imagine it's your duty to not only try and run this country but to also to defend any semblance of self-respect you hold dear to yourself and to not allow negative words and actions of your very own people for whom you serve scratch too deep into your already abysmal past...

Mix that with trying to uphold the "image" of daddy's previous post in the same office....a recovering alcoholic....an ex(??)cokehead....and I think anyone can clealry see why he's unfit and unstable...

Lots of drama and no too many outlets for someone who is supposed to be guiding others instead of seeking immediate counsling with his only friend, God, who lately seems to be absent given his smirks and angered gestures, perplexed at why no one seems to share the same values he shares with his idol...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

as mentioned by ECK
All comments welcome

Lets start with the mere fact that your topic incorporates a double-negative for starters....makes for a good two-sided conversation versus the directed one-sided conversation that your looking for or attracting...how thou8ghtful.

Let me see, Unfit or Unstable....hmmm, well, how about this?

Whose on the cover of that?

seekerof

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as mentioned by ECK
All comments welcome

Lets start with the mere fact that your topic incorporates a double-negative for starters....makes for a good two-sided conversation versus the directed one-sided conversation that your looking for or attracting...how thou8ghtful.

Let me see, Unfit or Unstable....hmmm, well, how about this?

Whose on the cover of that?

seekerof

I began this thread because I've been reading articles judging his mental condition. Is he unfit? Is he a retard? Is he a dry drunk? Is he insane because he blew up frogs with M-80's as a kid?

I put little stock in the couch-psychoanalysis, myself. However, I do trust what I know and what I see - not to mention the counsel of others. What I've seen is the most corrupt, or ignorant or simply incompetent president in U.S. history. Gone are the days of being able to say Carter was the most inept and weak. Gone are the days of being able to lable Clinton the worst. Bush encapsulates them all.

As a Christian, I see him as a FALSE PROPHET. His words and deeds prove (according to scripture) that he is either dilluded or the biggest wolf in sheep's clothing I've ever seen. Christians, if you disagree with me, I suggest you spend a little more time praying and reading your bible. It's quite illuminating. Oh yeah, and turn off the friggin' TV. Your brains are melting.

As a veteran, I am outraged by the whole handling of our military and the Iraq invasion. It was an illegal and unecessary war of aggression. Now our brave men and women in uniform and their loved ones, as well as a multitude of innocent Iraqis are reaping the whirlwind. But, let's all raise our glasses in salute to the fine shareholders of Halliburton and Bechtel, George W's beloved base ("the haves and the have mores") who have worked so diligently to rob us all blinde! Hear hear.

Seekerof, that book (and all involved with it) is an abomination to all honorable men and women who have served. John Kerry served with honor and distinction. To question his service and patriotism is dispicable.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Lets start with the mere fact that your topic incorporates a double-negative for starters....

There were not no double negatives in the Topic at all, and taking care of grandma in sentences is not no strength of some analysts.

Bush is both unfit and unstable, but being unstable is only a small part of the reason for being unfit.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Bush is both unfit and unstable, but being unstable is only a small part of the reason for being unfit.

Yeah, you forgot incompetent, obnoxious, intolerent, ....so on and so on...

Also, based just on his performance at the debates, it seems pretty obvious that he is incapable of handling the mental strain of the office... That's all i'm got to say for now... I'm to tired of this subject to really go into the rest of his dubious political career...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If people couldn't figure out how incompetent Bush is by watching the debates, they are clearly as dumb and/or corrupt as he is. I've never seen more abysmal debate performances in my life as I saw from Bush. He was incoherent and thoroughly unprepared in the first, angry and yelling in the second and completely evasive and programmed in the third. And what was that with the pasted on smile? Talk about creepy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join