It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: Unfit or Unstable?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
There have been a lot of articles out there lately trying to prove that President George W. Bush has some kind of neurological impairment and that he has lost it. Or maybe his dry-drunkeness has taken its toll. After listening to him in the debates, I think a case might be made for something like that. He sounded unhinged and incoherent, especially in the first.

I've never put much stock in that argument, however.

My belief is that he is a simple man, way in over his head. He admitted to not reading the newspapers. If he doesn't even do that, how could he possibly know what's going on? By relying on his people to give him the straight dope? Yeah right. He is possibly the most shielded (from reality) president we've ever had. That, to me, makes him more than dangerous. Let's just refer to him as the BOY IN THE BUBBLE.

What do you think - braindamaged or just plain dumb?

Here's a good article regarding this question:

Has Bush Lost His Reason?
By Andrew Stephen
The Observer U.K.

Sunday 17 October 2004

The President's apparent mental fragility should give US voters pause for thought at the ballot box.
It will, we are confidently told, be the most important American election for generations. In the words last week of Dick Cheney, the voice of what passes for gravitas in the Bush Administration, Americans will have to make 'about as serious a decision as anybody is ever asked to make' when they go to the polls in 17 days' time.

The prophets of doom, whom Cheney exemplifies, are precisely right about the importance of this election. But the momentous decision awaiting Americans is not whether they return to power a President who is uniquely qualified to protect the US against terrorism, as Cheney et al would have us believe. It is whether they re-elect a man who, it is now clear, has become palpably unstable.
www.truthout.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hey ECK, long time no see!

I am really shocked that you would pose such a silly and obvious question, ECK. Youre not one to be reduntant.

The answer is clear, has been clear, since that dark day in January of 2001 when he put his little pretzel choking hand on the bible and mouthed the biggest lie of his career when he promised to protect the Constituion of the United Staes from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Unfit or Unstable?

BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe me, thats never been a question that required too much pondering on my part, and this BEFORE the day of infamy when he sat back in a Florida kindergarten and was mystified by the 5 year olds whose reading skills eclipsed his own, while the country was under the worst enemy atack from foreign powers on our own soil since the war of 1812.

let me add a few more adjectives: dellusional, schitzophrenic, manic depressive, confused, bewildered, guillable, easily manipulated and controllable,.................

Not to mention the fact he cannot successfully swallow pretzels and watch football at the same time, nor remain upright on a scooter, two feats i believe that living organisms in the vegtable kingdom have mastered for eons........

But back on topic. It was clear during the debates, that he was nervous, cuz he was up there all by himself with no Axis of halliburton behind him to do that task he dreads most: thinking. i have never seen him look so suddenly nervous and paranoid, like a small child in a mall who looks up and suddenly finds mommy is not there holding his hand.......

Poor Duh-bya!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What?! No replies?! What can this mean?!

I was kinda hopin' to get a nice, little unofficial poll on if the Shrub's off his nut or just dumb. Maybe no one wants to discuss this wretched state of affairs.

Was it just me, or was anyone else embarassed for the USA after watching the Shrub bumble his way through the debates? It was pitiful.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well first awnser my question ECK.
Are you an idiot or just on drugs?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You know a close friend of mine who has connections to Bush and Cheney said that Kerry is going to win this election. It's clear that Bush is unstable and unfit to run this country. It's also clear that Cheney is "really" running this country and not Bush. Of course my friend feels the same way I do about Bush. Bush is just a puppet in all of this and Cheney is the one giving the orders behind the curtain.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Well first awnser my question ECK.
Are you an idiot or just on drugs?

Now that's not nice and collegial!

HEY SKADI! Where you been, girl? Good to hear from ya. And (hang my head), damn you're right as rain. What was I thinkin?!

WHAT SHE SAID!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Its the exact same type of loaded question you asked.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Its the exact same type of loaded question you asked.

So what's your comment on Bush? Or are you afraid to answer that? hmmm?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
President Bush is a good and decent man and will be re-elected next month.

How's that?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
President Bush is a good and decent man and will be re-elected next month.

How's that?

All comments welcome.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

President Bush is a good and decent man

What a strange world to live in?

I suppose that there, cows give chocolate milk, you can dance on rainbows, and pixy sticks grow naturally in the wild...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I suppose that there, cows give chocolate milk, you can dance on rainbows, and pixy sticks grow naturally in the wild...

My question is.. are there any cows that spew strawberry milk?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I've met the President.

Have you?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

President Bush is a good and decent man.

A good and decent man?
Yeah, right! Dubya broke the law by refusing to release the Ronald Regan papers. Does that make him a good man? I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I've met the President.

Have you?

His deeds (or misdeeds) are a matter of record...and his "instability" was pretty easy for all to see recently....

Most people thought John Wayne Gaycey was a great guy too, until they started unearthing body after body in his yard....

I've met his father though, George Sr. Now THERE's a guy you can look up to... Unfotunately for Dubya....the apple fell extremely far from the tree....

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I've met the President.

Have you?

- ....and what?

A brief meeting makes up for the ghastly 4yrs?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Um, remeber, Gazrok, this is Fairy Bush land they are talking about.

That crystally little poweder inside those paper tubes aint sweetended Kool-Aid, ya know..................

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
nice blanket statement, which contributes nothing.

I met his Dad as well.

Jeb is a good guy as well.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I didn't vote for Bush in 2000 and won't in 2004, either; I prfer to vote for people who share my beliefs, which tend to be Libertarians.

But I don't think Bush is dumb at all; and if his IQ isn't as high as you might want it to be, that's irrelevant. If Americans and history approved of and honored High-IQ presidents, we'd have statues of Woodrow Wilson, Herbert Hoover, Richard Nixon, and Bill Clinton all over the place.

Yet all of these presidents, two Democrats and two Republicans, will probably go down in history as mediocre at best -- with the last two ruined by the fact that they were moral ciphers.

Dumb old Ronald Reagan, on the other hand, with his cheerful demeanor, lightweight book-learning, and vision of what he thought America should be, will probably go down as one of the top three presidents of the 20th century, along with Theodore Roosevelt and his younger cousin Franklin.

I think the reason George Bush will win in 2004 is not despite his perceived intellectual light weight (a perception, by the way, that is not shared by most Americans), but because he has articulated (in questionable Englash, granted) a vision of the future. George Bush has also convinced the American people that he stands for certain core values, and -- whether or not you and I might approve of those values -- possession of such values is still highly desirable in America.

Kerry, on the other hand, has not been aboe to tell the American people what he thinks and feels and what he wants. Moreover -- and this is Kerry's biggest weakness -- is that he changes his mind as he endlessly sifts through all the different parameters of all sides of every issue.

Americans don't want Hamlet, Prince of Denmark. They Want John Wayne, scourge of the Bad Guys.

...and on a personal note: Would I be correct in assuming that you are a former Army helicopter pilot?

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

nice blanket statement, which contributes nothing.

I met his Dad as well.

Jeb is a good guy as well.

Anyone can play Devils Advocate if they wish moxyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join