It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting planetary alignment on Dec 21, 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I'm well aware of the difference... I'm sure you're aware that there is no direct evidence of gravity itself.

You already probably know this is false and you intended to write something else.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

I'm well aware of the difference... I'm sure you're aware that there is no direct evidence of gravity itself.

You already probably know this is false and you intended to write something else.

Actually no.... Your assumption is incorrect.

Please provide direct evidence for gravity.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Drop a rock.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I expected as much.... smug response.

So you're saying that if I observe an effect of this theoretical force called gravity, that is considered direct evidence?

Got news for you buddy... not direct evidence... it's indirect.

Try again.

Please provide direct evidence for gravity.

Maybe you should learn the difference....

I think you've backed yourself into a corner, Skippy. The fact is that most scientific evidence is indirect. Most scientific discplines depend heavily upon indirect evidence; astrophysics, geology, archaeology, paleontology, atomic, subatomic physics, quantum theory, chemistry, etc.....

So.... your trite and condescending comments regarding direct and indirect evidence aren't going to convince me of anything [snip]
edit on 19-10-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/10/12 by masqua because: Edited personal attack

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I do know the difference.

I also know that there is no planetary alignment on the winter solstice.

I also know that gravity waves are not caused by alignments.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I do know the difference.

I also know that there is no planetary alignment on the winter solstice.

I also know that gravity waves are not caused by alignments.

Apparently you really don't know the difference if you contend that there is direct evidence of Gravity and can only offer indirect evidence to supoort your claim.

Drop a rock indeed.... on your head!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Where is the Sun in the image? Is it the yellow dot?

yes the sun is the yellow dot in the center.

also notice Uranus located spread between the "legs" formed by Jupiter and Neptune.
edit on 19-10-2012 by tinhattribunal because: i added the word "spread"

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Thanks for the chuckle Skippy. Maybe you can figure this out. In the mean time you can pretend all you want.

The issue is that alignment are meaningless except to astrologers. They do not cause gravity waves.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

yes the sun is the yellow dot in the center.

also notice Uranus located spread between the "legs" formed by Jupiter and Neptune.

So Uranus is not a part of this forced "alignment".

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Thanks for the chuckle Skippy. Maybe you can figure this out. In the mean time you can pretend all you want.

The issue is that alignment are meaningless except to astrologers. They do not cause gravity waves.

Hello Stereologist, are you familiar with this document about M6+ seismicity and astronomical alignments?

This is called GEORESONATOR theory and it's really more about vibration or activity than "waves", although sympathetic vibration DOES consist of waves... but that aside, please read:

arxiv.org...

Please read the above link first, then read the stuff I posted below this line (the doc above won't let me copy paste).

sites.google.com...

LATEST ON THE DISCOVERY OF THE CAUSE OF STRONG EARTHQUAKES & TECTONICS,
AND CONFIRMATIONS OF THE HYPERRESONANCE / GEORESONANCE THEORY

ONE YEAR LATER: DEFINITIVE PROOF

"The 6-months-prediction of resonance magnification and pattern detection ended on 11 April 2012 in a spectacular fashion: with the first-ever recorded singlet of two M8+ earthquakes (singlet: two or more quakes at the same time and locale; here within less than 2 hrs and less than 2° of latitude and longitude from each other). The singlet - top panel - was not due to any stress accumulation, for such a short distance and time span would mean a M11+ earthquake had occurred; for example, a ~M8+ doublet of 12 September 2007 in similar settings as this singlet, while less energetic, took half a day - bottom panel. Since such stress accumulation is unattainable on Earth, such M8+ singlet, which occur on average less than once a century, can only arise due to the Earth’s simultaneous very long alignments. This author hereby states that he purposely and tacitly selected publication date of this preprint’s version 1 so as to make it precede the spectacular singlet for one year. As based on the 2007 doublet, this anniversary then serves as a proof-of-point for georesonator.

The 11 April 2012, spectacular M8+ singlet (top panel), was due to very long alignments with the Mars (and the Neptune) and, simultaneously, with the Saturn and the Sun. The singlet proves the georesonator conclusively: while the singlet’s former (M8.6) earthquake produced the main tone (solid red line), the latter (M8.2) resulted in resonant overtones (dashed lines), as expected in a georesonator but not in simplistic stress/strain models. Also, the fact that overtones can be of an in-step type (i.e., magnitude change is regular), corroborates the georesonator: the overtones’ step is always random under stress/strain models as such models are determined by the Earth’s complex interior. The above shown singlet on the other hand is completely regular, unlike say the 12 September 2007 doublet (bottom panel) due to the Earth's very long alignments with the Mars (and the Jupiter) and, simultaneously, with the Venus and the Elenin -- also in Indonesia but which took half a day to complete, thereby losing its character of a singlet (as no regularities can be seen in the overtone-changes of magnitudes, bottom panel). Then a much simpler, i.e., extraterrestrial as the only alternative, mechanism is responsible for seismogenesis as well as tectonogenesis. This conclusion is also supported by a great location diversity of the events that obey the above main tone and overtones as due to a singlet; so the mechanism is global in character. Note Indonesia seems very vulnerable to rare (rarer than per decade) very long alignments combined with those to the Mars. Read more in the final version of the alignments preprint."

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KhufuKeplerTriangle

Who is Mensur Omerbashich?

edit on 10/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I think he is from New Brunswick? Is that CA?
There is a forum thread on him here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Earth-model discrimination method
by Omerbashich, Mensur, Ph.D., University of New Brunswick (Canada), 2004, 129 pages; AAT NR06879
Abstract (Summary)

Investigation of the earth's interior is attempted via gravimetric terrestrial spectroscopy from superconducting gravimeter (SG) records containing all medium and large earthquakes that affected the SG. I introduce a general (single station, all-type earthquakes; no pre- or post-processing) method that enables discrimination amongst geophysical earth models by establishing if and when there exist high direct functional correlation values between the oscillations of the earth gravity field taken at a model's low eigenfrequencies, and the earth seismicity expressed in seismic energies and seismic magnitudes.

I demonstrate for the first time in geophysics the negative effect that the generating of input-data, for the purpose of completing the time-series, has on the Fourier spectral analyses. To accommodate the problem on existing computers and to create nondistorted 8-sec and 32-sec filtered records from the original one-second data, I design a non-equidistant filter that applies Gaussian weights while accounting for missing data within the filtering step. So filtered, the records are then used in computing the least-squares spectra.

Earthquakes are the most common source of abrupt releases of kinetic energy on earth. I then exploit the Jeffreys's rule of thumb: in many earthquakes observations of only the horizontal earth movements during the passage of shear (S) waves cart be ccsed to estimate the order of the total released energy. From here I infer that the ratios of kinetic energy E K traveling throughout the earth and displacing the inner masses, vs. seismic energy E S as that part of kinetic energy, which is transmitted mostly through the lithosphere in the form of surface-waves and measured by the seismographs, ought to bc constant in most earthquakes. I then hypothesize that the measure of the earth gravity field oscillations, as deduced in the form of median magnitudes of gravity spectra, stands in a direct correlation with earth seismicity along the low characteristic frequencies.

In order to prove the hypothesis I process some 10.1 billion observations and compute the diurnal averages of non-reduced-gravity oscillation magnitudes for the last decade and for each long normal mode for three different earth models. I then directly correlate three series against the series containing seismic energies, as well as agamst the series containing seismic magnitudes of 381, M > 6.3 earthquakes for each day in the [-30, +30] days interval. Direct cross-correlation values as high as 0.97 were obtained, and the hypothesis thus proven. The direct functional correlation values between diurnal average magnitudes of the earth gravity field and all medium-to-large earthquakes from one decade are proposed as a tool for discriminatmg amongst earth models. If high functional correlation values can be obtained using this method, a tested earth model is to be considered a successful one. The functional correlation values computed from variance-spectra are shown to possess an absolute high for periods of ∼821 s, which could be used as a refinement constraint in earth-model design. For all three earth models the functional correlation values are higher when seismic energies are used rather than seismic magnitudes, as well as when variance-spectra are used rather than power-spectra.

The method is unique in its rigor, since it enables assessments of earth models from single-station (gravity) measurements, by using all global earthquakes above certain strength, i.e., regardless of their type, faulting mechanism, etc., and without preprocessing or post-processing to enhance and correct either raw gravity data or their spectra. As such, the method serves as a basis for a definition of different discriminatory criteria.

Indexing (document details)
School: University of New Brunswick (Canada)
School Location: Canada
Keyword(s): Earthquakes, Gravity field
Source: DAI-B 68/06, Dec 2007
Source type: Dissertation
Subjects: Geophysics
Publication Number: AAT NR06879
ISBN: 9780494068793
Document URL: proquest.umi.com... d=79356&RQT=309&VName=PQD
ProQuest document ID: 1372000741

I think what he was saying is that many astronomers misunderstand the mechanics of comets; he says that comets travel into deep space and acquire particles scattered from stars, gaining mass, then return in their orbits toward the stars to which they are bound (Halley and Elenin for example are bound to our Sol); at this point the bodies (sun and comet) begin a very heated interaction in which a lot of energy is transmitted from the comet to the sun.

I know that sounds very strange, but it's something to the effect that comets and the sun act like a capacitor and when the comet is on the return path, it discharges the electricity and causes some anomalies for the things that are bound to the sun's gravity.

It's a very interesting theory, as comets are thought of in ancient history as heralds of Woe.
Perhaps there might have been a correlation between certain heavenly bodies and events on earth, like quakes and storms. Who knows? Civilization has likely been wiped clean many hundreds of times... God is there, bidden or unbidden. ~Carl Jung
edit on 21-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

10.1 billion observations. Wow. That's a lot.
The guy is a crackpot. Here's what he wrote in April of 2011:

The Elenin will continue intensifying the Earth's very strong seismicity until August-October, 2011.

arxiv.org...

He edited his paper in July of this year (revision #7) and removed that claim. I wonder why he did that.
arxiv.org...

But he still doesn't seem to know that Elenin was a small comet which disintegrated.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

You seem to have a hard time keeping things straight in your head... maybe you've already had a rock dropped on it?! First off... as I've toild you over and over, I don't agree with the allignment claim, I don't agree with the claim that allignment causes gravity waves. My only point of contention was your dispute of the claim that gravity waves actually exist!! Nothing more, nothing less. As it stands now, you've apparently conceded that gravity waves do exist because you keep going back to the allignment thing... Dude.... I already said I don't buy it...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The Grand Duke of Bosnia!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle

Hello Stereologist, are you familiar with this document about M6+ seismicity and astronomical alignments?

This is called GEORESONATOR theory and it's really more about vibration or activity than "waves", although sympathetic vibration DOES consist of waves... but that aside, please read:

arxiv.org...

Please read the above link first, then read the stuff I posted below this line (the doc above won't let me copy paste).

sites.google.com...

LATEST ON THE DISCOVERY OF THE CAUSE OF STRONG EARTHQUAKES & TECTONICS,
AND CONFIRMATIONS OF THE HYPERRESONANCE / GEORESONANCE THEORY

ONE YEAR LATER: DEFINITIVE PROOF

"The 6-months-prediction of resonance magnification and pattern detection ended on 11 April 2012 in a spectacular fashion: with the first-ever recorded singlet of two M8+ earthquakes (singlet: two or more quakes at the same time and locale; here within less than 2 hrs and less than 2° of latitude and longitude from each other). The singlet - top panel - was not due to any stress accumulation, for such a short distance and time span would mean a M11+ earthquake had occurred; for example, a ~M8+ doublet of 12 September 2007 in similar settings as this singlet, while less energetic, took half a day - bottom panel. Since such stress accumulation is unattainable on Earth, such M8+ singlet, which occur on average less than once a century, can only arise due to the Earth’s simultaneous very long alignments. This author hereby states that he purposely and tacitly selected publication date of this preprint’s version 1 so as to make it precede the spectacular singlet for one year. As based on the 2007 doublet, this anniversary then serves as a proof-of-point for georesonator.

The 11 April 2012, spectacular M8+ singlet (top panel), was due to very long alignments with the Mars (and the Neptune) and, simultaneously, with the Saturn and the Sun. The singlet proves the georesonator conclusively: while the singlet’s former (M8.6) earthquake produced the main tone (solid red line), the latter (M8.2) resulted in resonant overtones (dashed lines), as expected in a georesonator but not in simplistic stress/strain models. Also, the fact that overtones can be of an in-step type (i.e., magnitude change is regular), corroborates the georesonator: the overtones’ step is always random under stress/strain models as such models are determined by the Earth’s complex interior. The above shown singlet on the other hand is completely regular, unlike say the 12 September 2007 doublet (bottom panel) due to the Earth's very long alignments with the Mars (and the Jupiter) and, simultaneously, with the Venus and the Elenin -- also in Indonesia but which took half a day to complete, thereby losing its character of a singlet (as no regularities can be seen in the overtone-changes of magnitudes, bottom panel). Then a much simpler, i.e., extraterrestrial as the only alternative, mechanism is responsible for seismogenesis as well as tectonogenesis. This conclusion is also supported by a great location diversity of the events that obey the above main tone and overtones as due to a singlet; so the mechanism is global in character. Note Indonesia seems very vulnerable to rare (rarer than per decade) very long alignments combined with those to the Mars. Read more in the final version of the alignments preprint."

Thanks for the info and data. That's awesome.

You got Phage to come out and attempt to discredit the topic by calling the researcher a "crackpot" because he was wrong about Elenin. That doesn't discredit the theory or the evidence that supports it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

That doesn't discredit the theory or the evidence that supports it.
He discredits himself by editing his "prediction" out of his article.

But, since you think he has actually presented something worthwhile, can you please explain in your own words exactly what he said?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not my field of study, just an interest of mine.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I see. So you have no real basis for thinking that pile of gobbledegook means anything.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What gets me is all of the alignments that match up with large EQs.
edit on 22-10-2012 by IndieA because: sp

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join