It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings, beloved.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Not to open on a downer, but I've had a rough life. My childhood was heartache from the beginning and through. From losing a sibling to an addict mother, growing up poor. I haven't had it easy.

And all through, I've been looking for something to give it meaning. I went through many "great loves." For God, for love, for sex, for drugs, for myself. I joined this site to further my search for answers to questions I'm not even sure how to ask.

My long, yet somehow short, as I'm only 21 years old, journey seems to be leading me somewhere. And loathe as I am to admit, it's in the direction of the creator. My screen name is an homage to a "prophet" from my old church from when my faith in God was at its strongest. He "prophesied" over me that I had the spirit of Enoch, the man from the old testament that walked with God and never knew death, for God took him.

Call me crazy, I hear God's voice at every turn. He's telling me many, many things. But he won't answer the questions I need answers to.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch
Welcome to ATS.

I hope you find the answers to question in which you yet don't know to ask.

I wish you luck in your journey in finding your truth.

Here's your first flag, for using the word "Beloved".

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
James 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
Not to open on a downer

Too late.

but I've had a rough life. My childhood was heartache from the beginning and through. From losing a sibling to an addict mother, growing up poor. I haven't had it easy.

Well every member has their story to tell.

And all through, I've been looking for something to give it meaning. I went through many "great loves." For God, for love, for sex, for drugs, for myself.

We are birds of a feather in that regards.

I joined this site to further my search for answers to questions I'm not even sure how to ask.

Spit it out and try to avoid feeding the trolls.

My long, yet somehow short, as I'm only 21 years old, journey seems to be leading me somewhere. And loathe as I am to admit, it's in the direction of the creator. My screen name is an homage to a "prophet" from my old church from when my faith in God was at its strongest. He "prophesied" over me that I had the spirit of Enoch, the man from the old testament that walked with God and never knew death, for God took him.

21 was a great year for me. I was out of the service, had a child on the way and could drink at bars and night clubs
I know the wrong type of spirits but I didnt care at the time.

Call me crazy, I hear God's voice at every turn. He's telling me many, many things. But he won't answer the questions I need answers to.

I think God answers all questions.

Sometimes the answer is Yes, Sometimes the Answer is No and Sometimes the answer is Not yet.

Welcome to ATS.
Complimentary Tinfoil hats are available in the lobby

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NaeBabii

Thank you.
I don't know if I can call myself a "Christian" but there are two of Jesus' teachings I have always taken to heart. "Judge not, lest you be judged." and "Love one another as I have loved you." No better words to live by, imo.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
All great replies. Thank you all for making me feel welcome. But no tinfoil hat for me, thanks. I don't wear hats.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
21 ????

Holy crap!

You're still just a pup.

Why do all of these kids think that they have to have life figured out before puberty? Who keeps telling them that?

Relax. That stuff comes with time.

Learn to enjoy the good things you have in life and improve yourself.

Wisdom comes with experience, not frustration.

Welcome to the most frustrating place on the internet.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I love those quotes, and nothing could be further from the truth. You and I see eye to eye.

I always treat others as I would want to be treated, give the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise, loving every soul as they were part of my personal family.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Sometimes the answer is Yes, Sometimes the Answer is No and Sometimes the answer is Not Yet.

It's that "not yet" that's killing me. He says he has special plans for me. But he won't tell me what they are. He won't answer any questions about it either. I'm afraid of losing track of myself and trying to become something I'm not. Or not become something I am.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Sometimes the answer is Yes, Sometimes the Answer is No and Sometimes the answer is Not Yet.

It's that "not yet" that's killing me. He says he has special plans for me. But he won't tell me what they are. He won't answer any questions about it either. I'm afraid of losing track of myself and trying to become something I'm not. Or not become something I am.

Part of your confusion might stem from that fact you are unsure of who God is. You like two sayings of Christ, but are unsure of the rest. You like th etestimony of Moses by describing Enoch, but you are not convinced of th erest

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka

Part of your confusion might stem from that fact you are unsure of who God is. You like two sayings of Christ, but are unsure of the rest. You like th etestimony of Moses by describing Enoch, but you are not convinced of th erest

Surely, what you have said is true. I am unsure who God is. I'm not sure the the voice I hear is his or mine or even something more insidious. I have read scripture in my search for answers. And I have faith in Jesus as the Christ. I don't like to admit it, and that fills me with shame. "He who is ashamed of me before men, him I will be ashamed of before my father." but it's not Jesus I am ashamed of, but faith. The presumption that I know better than others.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

It's that "not yet" that's killing me. He says he has special plans for me. But he won't tell me what they are.

If this is truly your belief and faith then will you be humble enough to know and accept whatever it is that his plans are for you?

Meaning,

"Special plans" don't mean "Great" or "Amazing" . Who knows, someday his special plan may be revealed to you the day you snatch a child [who may go on to bring peace on Earth] out of the way and from being crushed and certain death from a speeding truck or bus.....???

He won't answer any questions about it either. I'm afraid of losing track of myself and trying to become something I'm not. Or not become something I am.

Be who you are.
That's the best any of us can be.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It's that "not yet" that's killing me. He says he has special plans for me. But he won't tell me what they are.

If this is truly your belief and faith then will you be humble enough to know and accept whatever it is that his plans are for you?

Meaning,

"Special plans" don't mean "Great" or "Amazing" . Who knows, someday his special plan may be revealed to you the day you snatch a child [who may go on to bring peace on Earth] out of the way and from being crushed and certain death from a speeding truck or bus.....???

He won't answer any questions about it either. I'm afraid of losing track of myself and trying to become something I'm not. Or not become something I am.

Be who you are.
That's the best any of us can be.

And what if he specifically used the word "great?"

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Great can be applied to many things.

No?

You could be Great at speaking to the masses, or Great at cooking, Great at Gardening, be a Great parent or Grandparent, Great at any number of things that in his plans may have a very important purpose that you may never fully understand.

Is it really important to know exactly what it is or is it important to live life fully and figure out what your talents are and simply try to be the best at them you humanly can be?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Great can be applied to many things.

No?

You could be Great at speaking to the masses, or Great at cooking, Great at Gardening, be a Great parent or Grandparent, Great at any number of things that in his plans may have a very important purpose that you may never fully understand.

Is it really important to know exactly what it is or is it important to live life fully and figure out what your talents are and simply try to be the best at them you humanly can be?

You are right. It is truly the way to live. I will wait for his time.

Thank you everyone, for your counsel and contributions. Truly, if I can ever return the favor, simply ask. I will do all I can and share my limited wisdom with you freely.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Welcome, many here seek as you do. weigh all you read against the truth you have inside you, hold fast to your intent, perhaps you will find.
Don't forget to laugh until your belly hurts along the way!.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Hmmm, this god has put you through hell for the first 21 years of your life, and he's somehow on your side? And, you're grateful for all that he hasn't done for you? Tell me, if you're carrying a bunch of light-bulbs and someone trips you, is this person showing that he cares? Do you thank him?

Jeez, it's truly amazing how the human mind can get twisted around like that.

Anyway, welcome!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Hmmm, this god has put you through hell for the first 21 years of your life, and he's somehow on your side? And, you're grateful for all that he hasn't done for you? Tell me, if you're carrying a bunch of light-bulbs and someone trips you, is this person showing that he cares? Do you thank him?

Jeez, it's truly amazing how the human mind can get twisted around like that.

Anyway, welcome!

Haha! I thought for a long time as you do. I had to let a lot of things go to see the good God has done in my life. I have to look past the surface to the waters underneath to find God's love.

top topics

join