It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experiance with "Shadow People" And greeting from a new Canadian member.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
When I was 18, I began the process of living on my own. At the time I was couch surfing at a friends of mine from high school. It was a ruff time as I was fighting with my parents as I had just moved out.

His father, brother and himself lived in the north end of my city, near a city dump. It was a semi detached townhouse in a townhouse complex. 3 levels, basement, main, and upper floor bedrooms and bathroom.

At the time, my friend had the basement to himself. I was sleeping on a couch down in the basement, with him in his bed.

I had waken up, and before you all ask. Yes I was actually fully 100% awake, as what woke me up was a wicked need to urinate

When I opened my eyes, and looked toward his bed, and the door upstairs. That is when I first clued into them.

About 5 ft away from me, there was a group of humanoid shadows. all about 6ft tall, no eyes, just humanoid shapes they seemed to be talking to each other, though I heard nothing, and gesturing a lot with their hands.
All I can think to describe them is imagine a 6ft tall, humanoid outline but jet black,

When they noticed I was awake and looking at them. They all at once raised their arms toward me, and came at me. I wanted to scream and closed my eyes, and began to do so. When I did, the fear was gone. I immediately opened my eyes and "they" were gone.

I immediately woke up my friend. And described what I had seen. As at that time he, myself and my friends had gotten into Wicca, ghosts, the paranormal in general. And would talk about it when "strange" things happened to us. And I will admit that I was scared as hell, and wanted someone else awake with me. Now he was half awake, so not sure about the reaction. But the reaction he game me chills me to the bone to this day thinking about it.

"Ohh them just ignore them, they do that all the time." He then laid down and went right back to sleep.

He never really would expound on that, and claim not to remember it. When asked later he just said it happened from time to time and not to worry about it. He was raised in a Mormon household, so may not wanted to have talked openly about such things. But I never did get more out of him

I did study about it, and learned about the "shadow people" phenomena. But unsure as that is what I saw, as I never saw red eyes, even when looking directly at them. But my time looking at them was relatively short. Less than a minute. So would love to hear other ideas on what it may have been.

I am happy to answer questions, but keep it polite. As I have seen what can happen with threads like this on this site. And have zero interest in arguing with people. All I will say there is "Your welcome to your own view, but I do not have to share it."

I do have a diagram to show positions etc but need to upload it to an image site, as I can not seem to figure out how to upload it from my computer to this post.

So will just ignore posts of that nature.

Thanks again, and look forward to hearing ideas.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PhYnE

Howdy from Phoenix.

Cool story but it won't be long before somebody comes along and admonishes you for starting a thread in the introduction forum.

I gave you your first flag so remember that if I anger you in the future, which I probably will, I seem to anger a lot of people not sure why. (some people get down right pissed!) One time somebody even said they would run me over with their car if they ever found out who I am.

Anyways welcome to the club we'll teach you the secret handshake later.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Flagged for being an interesting story!

You can upload pictures by following this ATS Member Upload Link, after uploading, copy the given url and enclose them in the image tag in your next post. I would love to see!

Your story was very descriptive, and I appreciate that. Have there been other stories of Shadowpeople without Red Eyes? And how did you explain them to your friend?

I would have freaked out, as I don't care for ghosts, but I know they are there.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I had these exact same experiences as a child and through my teens...

Sometimes I would wake up and be paralyzed and I could see them out the corner of eye but never directly...I remember the feeling of absolute terror...though some people say that it's due to your body waking up before your brain...

I can accept that but the evil laugh ...I just can't get over their evil laugh...

Anyway I havent had any experiences with it for a long time now kinda like I just grew out of it....

I just now put it down to a sleep abnormilty coupled with an active imagination

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Greetings PhYnE! Welcome to Above Top Secret.

Concerning your experience with shadow people, your startled reaction is quite understandable. It's always startling when people run at you. Especially in the middle of the night. But, judging from your friend's statement concerning your little encounter, they probably didn't pose much of a threat. Who knows- they might have just wanted to involve you in the conversation! Or it may have been some sort of dimensional slip, and their running "at you" may have been mere coincidence. With shadow people, it's a bit hard to say. From my personal experience, they're generally pretty neutral folk (and you can immediately tell who the bad ones are). So, if you ever run onto them again - or they run onto you, as the case may be - just try and have a little chat! You may make some new friends.

If you want to join the larger discussion about shadow people, there's one going on right now here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Happy posting!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Fascinating story. Hello and welcome!!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

My deepest apologies for starting a thread in the into section. I was unaware. Will be happy to edit in any way to make it more rules friendly.

Thanks for the welcome and the reply.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NaeBabii

img.abovetopsecret.com... there is the link to a ruff crude using paint. Sorry no imaging software experience, so only have paint. I will try to hand draw and scan some others in the next few days.

Hope it helps at least a little.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I have seen a few other "shadow people" but only fleetingly and out of the corner of my eye. Never again had a dead on could see them type experience like this. I have had the fortune to experience a few hauntings and UFO experiences and that is about it.

As far as how I described him to my friend (let's call him Lee) I told him pretty much what I initially posted. That I was 5 or 6 of these things talking with one another, and making hand motions to one another. Then when the noticed me they all stretched their arms out toward me and came at me. I closed my eyes. and when I opened them they were gone.

And I got that strange unemotional response out of him.

edit on 14-10-2012 by PhYnE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PhYnE

Very interesting story. Thank you for sharing it.

Do you mind if I ask a few questions?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Not at all questions are welcome.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PhYnE
His unemotional response is what strikes me as odd.

Could he have thought you were dreaming? Surely if they were a reoccurring encounter that he were used to, he would have elaborated on this more, no?
edit on 15-10-2012 by NaeBabii because: I wanted to clarify.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PhYnE

Hi, and welcome to ATS. I'm from Quebec.

Strange experience you got there!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Everything you put your mind into is a meditation. Just thinking about the paranormal can be enough to open your sub-conscious perceptions to it and connect with it to some extent. Remember "Superstition" by Stevie Wonder? "When you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer, superstition ain't the way." In other words, it's dangerous, and if turns bad, step away (because you don't know what you're messing with.)

Your friend sounds pretty complacent about these Shadow Men. If what you're telling us is true and accurate, I would say that your friend may have gone too far into things he shouldn't have. He may have drawn negative entities into the house (whether by a Ouija board, séance or another ritual) and may even be affected by them in ways he may not realize. And I would also advise being cautious about him and maybe avoid his home. If I were you, I'd be concerned for him. Shadow Men are not a product of light (positive) magic.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Arrgh I shouldn't be reading these stories before bedtime..

anyway, welcome to ATS, hope you enjoy.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhYnE

Not at all questions are welcome.
Thank you, could you explain what you mean by:
"And I got that strange unemotional response out of him."

Also thank you for the diagram. Did you feel that they were just there, or do you feel like they were doing something before you saw them?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

You know I always wondered about that myself. I had a feeling, and it is nothing more than that. That he had experienced this in the past. And had just learned to blow it off. But as I said I did approach him many times about it. He would just change the subject, or outright state he did not want to talk about it. So after a while I gave up pushing him about it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

Know the negatives all to well, had to deal with them as we did get into Ouija boards, and other things. When it got to be to much for it. I seeked out a way to cleans myself from the negative and never went back to it. I still to this day experience "weird" things from time to time. But no more entities so far.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Kinda hard to explain, but to him it seemed like a non-issue. Like it was something he was used to and that I should just blow it off and go back to sleep.

They seemed to be arguing about something, just had that kind of body movement and hand motions to it. But as soon as they saw I could see them and was looking at them, they all just turned toward me, raised their arms and came at me.
edit on 16-10-2012 by PhYnE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PhYnE
You know, it almost seems as if he may have had one too many encounters with them. Scaring him, to a point.

A thought:
He may have found ignoring them, or not talking about them, would reduce their appearances.

I heard a man once say, that once he got a cat and was distracted with the kitten, they seemed to stop coming around as often as before.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join