It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will pay upkeep/Secret Service for 5 Kerry mansions. DEBUNKED!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I will admit when I am wrong and this was false! I will not delete it as my post has been legitimatley be debunked. chalk one up for the Kerry crowd and the GOOD research by the group here.

DOH...........Got me on this one, but I did not have time to look it up but that is no excuse.....my fault. I WAS WRONG.

Claim: If John Kerry were elected President, the Secret Service would have to protect him and every property he owns for the rest of his life.

Origins: The fact that Senator John Kerry's middle name is "Forbes" is about the only piece of information this latest political diatribe gets right.

www.snopes.com...

Well for me this is funny but just one of the things to think about, if he is for the middle class ????

I didn't think of this! Most of us haven't thought about this no matter how
much we like or dislike John Kerry. WOW! Those figures have to be
staggering.

He is one of the richest Senators in Government. When someone is elected
president, it means the Secret Service has to protect the President and his
family as well as his property.

The Kerry's have five US properties not counting the several foreign
properties they own too. The cost to run these homes are more than what theaverage American could afford, even if the rent was free, and all you had to pay the water, gas & electric. Including ground keepers, maintenance, pool, and house keepers. To be President would require the taxpayers to pay

for all that now if elected. Including a complete staffed Secret Service
security 24 hours a day. In addition to that we will have to pay for each
of their homes for security improvements even if they never go to them all,
that is, that just in case. Who do you think will pay for all this? We Pay!
This takes all the expense off Kerry and puts it on us.

Nevertheless, factor another major cost to Americans that Kerry does not
want you to know about.Becoming president would automatically include taking care of all their properties with Secret Service Agents that includes 5 agents per 6 hour shift 4 times a day 365 days of the year for the rest of their lives so long as they own those properties. It comes with being President, once you are elected. It requires us the taxpayers, to pay for this as well as his annual salary, as well as his retirements including the cost of living adjustments to boot, plus salaries and protection for all their real estate property, plus Secret Service Agents, and pay the bills for the rest of his life. In addition, feed the Secret Service Agents and rotate new ones every 6 hours for the rest of his life.

Do the math. Five properties need to be protected. This requires five
Secret Service Agents per shift, daily every six hours, per property! That
is 20 Secret Service Agents per day per property everyday including
Holidays. Wow, what does that cost?

Lets say an average of 20 agents per property, each earning a about $60K
per agent to survey the perimeters and protect. Now times that by five
properties so far. That is if the Kerrys do not buy any more properties
afterwards. This also includes the Agents vehicles and repairs, gas, meals,
days off, paid vacation, and medical plan visits etc per agent.

Who pays? YOU pay, the whole time they are alive after becoming
President! Is this the best use of our tax money electing Kerry to take
care of all their properties, both foreign and domestic? On the other hand,
shouldn't he pay for his own? Yet, the Presidential salary could not afford
it. The more I think about paying for Kerrys properties everyday, just makes
me happy keeping President Bush all the more merrier. Without raising taxes to boot.

How on earth would Kerry pay for everyone to have Healthcare, increase
our military, and have us pay to protect his investments, all without
raising our taxes? Tax and spend Kerry is his party motto.

Which really has to make you wonder why anyone with his wealth, would
take a salary of that of a U.S. Senator, never mind wanna be President? Do
you believe now why he needs to be the Prez? To serve the people? On the other hand, the people serve Him and his wife!

[edit on 18-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
go check out this

you should of stated where you cut and pasted this article.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by rancid1]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rancid1
go check out this

Right, I like how the false part was left out.

Some make it to easy to see thier agenda.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rancid1
go check out this

Doh! You beat me to it!

If you get it in an e-mail, or read it on the net, chances are someone else has too.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Is this a case of reporting something he knew was false, and passing it off as fact?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Is this a case of reporting something he knew was false, and passing it off as fact?

I don't think he looks too deeply into anything he posts. Probably just a case of not checking his factsl.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well I did get it in an email so I passed it on....I had no source to post. I will check your link and thanks for pointing to the source.

I will admit when I am wrong and this was false! I will not delete it as my post has legitimatley be debunked. chalk one up for the Kerry crowd and the GOOD research by the group here.

DOH...........Got me on this one, but I did not have time to look it up but that is no excuse.....my fault. I WAS WRONG.

Claim: If John Kerry were elected President, the Secret Service would have to protect him and every property he owns for the rest of his life.

Originally posted by curme

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

I don't think he looks too deeply into anything he posts. Probably just a case of not checking his factsl.

You are correct and I stand corrected!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'd like for someone to find the facts...

exactly how many mansions (homes) does Sen. Kerry really have, what is the salary of the secret service men who would protect them and exactly how many men per home ?

Wouldn't the secret service only be at the home when the Senator / President is there ?

it's very easy to say ... "let's say" or "assume" ..etc...

BS article..

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Ed, I know you already admitted to your post being false, but I still want to know something. Is it any different than any other republican president that has been elected? EVERY president gets this treatment, along with free health care, plane flights, an so forth. Please quit posting stuff just to get a rise out of a democrate.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
besides. How many properties does Bush or Cheney own?

(and don't even think about looking into the Kennedy family real estate holdings. That is how they made all of their money!)

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Ed, I know you already admitted to your post being false, but I still want to know something. Is it any different than any other republican president that has been elected? EVERY president gets this treatment, along with free health care, plane flights, an so forth. Please quit posting stuff just to get a rise out of a democrate.

I understand that all get this same benifit, the point was how can this man claim he is for the middle class considering his voting record and when I saw this I was floored, now I can see that is was crap so I admitt my mistake. I got in a hurry and now I shall take my lumps that were earned.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
besides. How many properties does Bush or Cheney own?

(and don't even think about looking into the Kennedy family real estate holdings. That is how they made all of their money!)

Really? for all those years I thought old Joe made his money the old fashioned way... Running illegal booze... I'd say "I'll be a Monkey�s Uncle", but that's too obvious.

theamericanjerk.com
Joe Kennedy made his millions as a 'bootlegger' during Prohibition. This occupation no longer exists, so for those who are unfamiliar with the term, the closest similar modern job description would be 'crack dealer'

www.theamericanjerk.com...

A little harsh, but not far from the reality of what Joe did.

More fun.

www.professorbainbridge.com...

Kennedy apologists can find their own comfort (Southern of course).

top topics

join