It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the power grid goes down in November, will you be ready?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
All that will happen is that they'll send some guys with thick rubber gloves and a knowledge of high voltage stuff out and just physically connect point a to point b via some non hackable isolator (this side of someone breaking in and turning the lever) and turn off the computer on the way out so that will be job done so there may be some disruptions but afterwards the only way to disrupt the power flow will be c4/dynamite

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by Socrato

If you erase the BIOS, you can disable a computer, but I know of no viruses that can do that ATM.
Even still, you can replace the bios chip, and bios chips can be re-burned.

Yes you can get a virus in the bios. I was reading about a new one recently soz i cannot remember the name.. Even if you flash the bios it still remains. It can hide in the RAM and on things like the DVD drive...

One of the more memorable BIOS targeting viruses was known as the CIH virus (1999). This particular virus caused tremendous damage and was named as one of the world's top ten viruses by a number of security organizations. We recently found another BIOS virus infection spreading globally named Rootkit.Win32.Mybios.a. This virus is usually bundled with game software, tricking users into turning off their security software and subsequently attacking the BIOS, MBR (master boot record) , and windows system files.

prosecure.netgear.com...

It can't hide. like we cure virus's we can cure computer virus's it will never hide humans built it.
AI is not that advanced of being aware that a patch is looking for it to kill it.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

My guess is you saw the CNN report yesterday saying we could be cyber attacked and you made this thread.

reply to post by girlofmountain1

Originally posted by girlofmountain1
reply to post by thehoneycomb

it was on the news. This is not anyting new.

yes, I saw it on the news, but not CNN.

Was it stated that Iran was going to launch a larger attack in November that could down the power grid?
edit on 13-10-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

So this was heard thru what sources? media, friend, friend of a friend, someone one in a chat room/social media?

A business associate of a friend of a family member.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

This was on Yahoo yesterday, I read it.

It is the third such article since they launched the online film serialisation "Cybergeddon."

Either you have something concrete, or this is just wild speculation, based upon these internet news articles.

So speak up, or just admit you don't have a conrete source/lead for this speculated, possible November attack.
edit on 13-10-2012 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

If the story checks out, the source is an inventor of a technology that we are all very aware of in the ATS community. Because of his invention, he knows people within the intelligence community.

Thats why I have to make a phone call and see if the story checks out.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

have you ever watched the movie live free or die hard? There are 3 main independent power grids across the US, each having a main control station over sub plants with manual overrides. so they only way they would be able to pull something like this off is to psychically be in those plants. there is no way to shut down the grids remotely via hacking.

not saying its not possible just extremely unlikely. A solar em storm or man-made EMP is much more believable

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by amraks

So this was heard thru what sources? media, friend, friend of a friend, someone one in a chat room/social media?

A business associate of a friend of a family member.

I've been reading this thread and I just have to ask you one question. Although you may speak the truth, do you know how LAME this really sounds? Especially when someone says, "a friend of a brother's mother's sister's grandmother's dog," etc. etc.............................

edit on 13-10-2012 by elrem48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Brentnauer

Basically, from my sources, its due to happen in November.

I am just not ready to reveal my sources yet. Thats why I have to make some phone calls.

First of all, I think you're full of it. You must think this is the first time ATS has run across someone like you with "sources he can't reveal" and making ridiculous claims.

Does that mean that Iran couldn't do such a thing? No. It just means that if Iran could do such a thing, and the US had knowledge of it, it wouldn't be shared on the internet via ATS or anywhere else.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
So your just saying that this event is going to happen, but you dont give us any specifics on how this will be possible, or how this information came to you? Was it a dream you had or are you just guessing?

On a side note, I had a very strange dream 2 nights ago that I cant quite recall, all I really remember is that somone in my dream mentioned something about the power grid going down. I am sure it is just a coincidence. As John Locke from LOST once said: "Don't mistake coincidence for fate."
edit on 13-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Never take the government's word at face value-except when they tell you that they'll kill you.
If we go with out power in November its going to be cold& dark,that means i can stay out of the dirty city & catch up on some hunting & family time,
Bring it on,lol

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

So your saying that they have a virus that can phyiscally destroy hardware then?
Because that would be a first (outside of the printer overheating one).
You dont have to pitch expensive computer systems because they get a virus, you just erase and reinstall them.

Now hold up, back in the satellite days ,, I recall one provider sending ECM attacks that DID damage private equipment and hardware.
edit on 13-10-2012 by hbarker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
For whatever reason, be it a collapse of the US dollar that leads to disruptions in the flow of U.S. food supplies or an economic war that goes "hot" leading to worst-case scenarios like cyber attacks on U.S. infrastructure elements like electric and water utility plants or an EMP attack,
the government's mandate will not be to provide food and security for your family, but rather, for those who are deemed essential to accomplishing the primary goals.

This means that when and/or if it hits the fan, you're going to be on your own.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by djtek

Is that one of the die hard movies?

Its not very fresh in my memory.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by elrem48

Yes, I do realize how it sounds.

I'll try to give you an update soon as I learn more.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I never said I wouldn't reveal my source, I just want to verify them before I do and if I do reveal my source, I want to make sure that he's ok with it.

If it turns out that it sounds like bunk, I will let you know that too.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If the power goes out for extended periods of time, then most of us are screwed.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

No, it wasn't a dream, it was a phone call I received. As I stated earlier, theres a possibility DoD can thwart the attack also, so as it stands right now the possibility is about 50/50.

Also I don't know any specifics, I am not an expert on this particular subject matter.

It does remind me though of a dream I had where many airlines were falling out of the sky crashing in all parts of the country simultaneously. But then again in this dream the power was on and the news was reporting it on TV as it happened.
edit on 13-10-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Why get all bent out of shape, it is just a rumor on a conspiracy website. November is next month, so at least we don't have to wait long to see if anything happens.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
So your saying your source is

This guy.

nice way to commit forum suicide on ATS.

There is no way there is a computer virus that can intrude someones WI-FI. You better research a little harder before making a computer Y2k take off doom prediction.[

Read a few of your threads and some lack detail. you have to guess as to what you mean in some of them.

Sorry but yeah no sources, no names rumors you have probably heard on facebook lol.

edit on 14-10-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join