It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Report Lists ‘Liberty Lovers’ As Terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
American Homeland Security and FBI identifies following people as Terrorists :

Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority, reverent of individual liberty” deemed domestic threat

- Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack

- Americans who are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”

- People who consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty)

- Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”

- Americans who are “reverent of individual liberty”

- People who “believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.”

The report also lists people opposed to abortion and “groups that seek to smite the purported enemies of God and other evildoers” as terrorists.

The bulk purchase of food is labeled as a potential indication of terrorist activity

Using a video camera, talking to police officers, wearing hoodies, driving vans, writing on a piece of paper, and using a cell phone recording application,” are all potential signs of terrorist activity

Link : www.infowars.com...
edit on 12-10-2012 by Octagon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Octagon

- Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack;

- Americans who are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”;

- People who consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty);

- Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”;

- Americans who are “reverent of individual liberty”;

- People who “believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.”

Well they have ATS Americans pegged.

Sits back watches the choppers circle my home...

edit on 12-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

- Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack;

- Americans who are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”;

- People who consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty);

- Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”;

- Americans who are “reverent of individual liberty”;

Well they have ATS Americans pegged.

Sits back watches the choppers circle my home...

edit on 12-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

SEE a chopper or a copper give em
a two finger saaaaaluuuuute

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
As a young boy,
I believed Puberty would give me Liberty,
to express myself to girls.
I find it odd the government hires people that still confuse,
Liberty with Puberty.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm not suspicious that the government isn't doing the best job, I know that for a fact. I'm not suspicious that the politicians might be a little loopy, I'm sure they are. At least they can't get me on suspicion of being suspicious. I'm not going to do anything to challenge the way things are except to vote. I was told not to fight city hall when I was a kid, grew up believing city hall would crumble on it's own someday. Maybe it will happen in my lifetime.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Straight out of the PDF they use on infowars from the study, quoting right from the first paragraph:

"To be clear, the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) does not classify individuals as terrorists or extremists based on ideological perspectives. START and the Global Terrorism Database, on which the Report is based, defines terrorism and terrorist attacks as "the threatened or actual use of illegal force and violence by a non-state actor to attain a political, economic, religious, or social goal through fear, coercion, or intimidation.” "

Then the second paragraph after that explaining what they consider terrorists for the report:

"The report is based on the key premise that the groups and individuals analyzed have actually carried out or attempted to carry out violent attacks in the United States for any political, social, religious, or economic goal. This is what qualifies them as terrorists, not their ideological orientation."

So, there is no individuals that are being targeted, this is for groups who have or attempted to carry out violent attacks. I hate when this stuff gets blown out of proportion and people just cherry pick little fragments to make it look absolutely terrible. They are not oppressing you or me for having any kind of ideology be it tame or extreme, as long as you are not trying to commit a criminal act you will be just fine.
edit on 12-10-2012 by deathlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I'm not suspicious that the government isn't doing the best job, I know that for a fact. I'm not suspicious that the politicians might be a little loopy, I'm sure they are. At least they can't get me on suspicion of being suspicious. I'm not going to do anything to challenge the way things are except to vote. I was told not to fight city hall when I was a kid, grew up believing city hall would crumble on it's own someday. Maybe it will happen in my lifetime.

In my mind,
I shorten your post down too.

The only way to look sane is to act as crazy as the government!

And no offense intended to you, I like to make fun of the government that makes fun of me.

edit on 12-10-2012 by Rudy2shoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Truth to tell, these definitions illustrate the division of society into an us and them mentality......
That way the police are alienated from the very people they are supposed to serve and protect.......
The only defense is your county sherriff and his posse who have the authority to stop any activity by federal police of any nature.......Within their jurisdiction, and the bounds of protecting the constitutional rights of the people.
Federal, and local police are abusing the constitutional guarantees every day......here is the bottom line, and we can influence the local elections for sherriff......
We need to get rid of these anti constitutional federal forces and disband the HS and TSA.....
The way to do this is through the local sherriffs office.....
These are elected officials and they represent the ultimate authority, the people.Take a stand where you can really do some good....right in your own home county.....this is the way out of the police state......

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority, reverent of individual liberty” deemed domestic threat

Just reading some more through the PDF and here is a prime example of cherry picking to make it look bad, lets get the whole quote of that sentence that is supposedly "targeting" those Americans in the quote above.

First, at no point has any START study defined persons "suspicious of centralized federal authority" and "reverent of individual liberty" as terrorists.

What do you know, they DON'T think any of those persons are terrorists.

Please, everyone actually read the PDF of the study and not just what infowars decided to fabricate from fragments of sentences.
edit on 12-10-2012 by deathlord because: forgot one thing

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I would say this is just part of the dotting the Is and crossing the Ts, first they define everyday activities as "potential terrorist threats" then they use other legislation like the NDAA language to to sink home the "plan" as "anyone aiding or sympothising with terrorists" "or commiting a beligerant act" which is overly vague and as unexact as possible, so they can simply use all the "anti terrorist" legislation on anyone they decide is an "undesirable".

Just my oppinion of course, as I do not trust the govvernment, I oppse globalization, I am for individual liberty, I believe in the constitution, and I do think that the government is litterally out to get us.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by deathlord

Well done, and welcome to ATS. You're absolutely right about the report's intent and usage. Too bad I could only give you two stars. You are about to experience an interesting phenomenon on ATS. People have very strong opinions on certain issues, and those opinions will not change regardless of the information provided.

Just sit back and watch how long it takes for people to start saying that the article was inflammatory hyperbole, and a complete misrepresentation of the report. (It may never happen, so remember to get some sleep.)

Best of luck to you.

AN APOLOGY TO ATSers. I realize that I said this in a harsher manner than may be necessary, and I apologize for any excess vitriol, but you've all seen it before and it gets old. Maybe I'm just cranky tonight.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I guess hating the government is now considered liberty lovers.
Its the same way that the religious fanatics consider themselves freedom fighters.

new topics

top topics

join