It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God discussions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
God Discussions do not solve much, if anything at all. "I believe in God because I have a life" vs "I believe there is no God because of lack of proof" is an endless cycle repeating over and over. Nothing changes each time.

Religion discussions are different and more interesting, because there is always something to learn or find out.

Religion itself, is faith, which alone tells you that debating on the subject existence of God will not bring you much.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Religion is that way for a reason.

Many have said its because it separates the good from the bad. Others say its because it challenges a persons integrity to the point where it leaves them thinking," is their a God."

God cannot be proven to be false so in turn he must exist -Basics of Science.

By the way, when it comes to religion, your bound to find infanite arqueing post

[Edited on 4/30/2003 by FoxStriker]

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Religion is that way for a reason.

Many have said its because it separates the good from the bad. Others say its because it challenges a persons integrity to the point where it leaves them thinking," is their a God."

By the way, when it comes to religion, your bound to find infanite arqueing post

It's very simple.

Theists believe there is purpose. Atheists reject purpose. "Nothing has to have a purpose", "I am in need of no God", etc etc.

Now.. you said "God cannot be proven to be false so in turn he must exist."

Well, that is not entirely true, many things cannot be proven to be false, but they have not been proven true either, therefore must not exist.

And yes, when it comes to religion, you're bound to find infanite argueing post.. it's an endless cycle.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Read it again, I don't think you see my reasoning

"Well, that is not entirely true, many things cannot be proven to be false, but they have not been proven true either, therefore must not exist." - another_one

If something cannot be proven to be true, it doesn't mean that its not true, it means it has not been proven yet.

How do your think science was created.
By being just true. Or was it by people having an idea of it being true, then proveing it.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Read it again, I don't think you see my reasoning

If something cannot be proven to be true, it doesn't mean that its not true, it means it has not been proven yet.

Forgetting God for a moment, you realize what a can of worms a statement like that is, right?

Essentially, anything I can possibly think of is to be considered true, merely because it can't be proven otherwise?

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Ethics of Science, I didn't make it up, it just is.

What do you think a computer is, that its just there for the purpose of being there, no someone thought it to be possible, even though people thought him to be crazy, but here we are posting on a computer.

Not saying your wrong. But im not saying your right either because as long as you truely believe your right. I will never be right. - Basics of Science

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   

alright, this is the one i should have quoted...

because he can't be proven false, he must exist.

I would much prefer: because he can't be proven false, the possibility of Him must exist.

Likewise, until he's proven to exist, the possibility of Him not existing must be accepted.

And then, the obvious problem..... what constitutes Proof?

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Thats the whole point!!! Remember religion is based on a persons faith

As for proof, the people that do the research and believe in god constitute proof.

Scientist have to look at things as being true so they can prove them wrong.

With Possibilities like you said, it doesn't really get them anywhere.

In life your either on one side of the spectrum or on the other, never in between

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   

So this means that the world really IS being controled by a race of 10 foot tall supergenius rabbits! Beware the power of the bun-buns!

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Has it been proven.

If your answer is yes, then your seeing things only seen by a person on acid looking at a bunny cage.

If you say no, It means its not proven yet. And since in this world their is no proof, then they dont exist.

If proven to be false, then its false. If proven to be true, then its true.

Don't make it more confusing than it actually is.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
semantics....not the existence or non-existence of God...

Truly, such a debate is pointless. That's why debates on various points of arguement (creationism, abortion, homosexuality), etc. are far more fun...

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yea, but thats what I'm proposing in the first place. Innocent into proven guilt kind of a thing

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If Religion = True, definite proof of God = False, and also destroys the point of faith.

FoxStriker, I understand you now because you added the "the possibilty of him existing" to your statement.

"God cannot be proven to be false so in turn he must exist" was just plain wrong however. I understand it now though.

new topics

top topics

join