It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Sent to Federal Prison for a Year and a Half for Refusing to Testify

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
yay freedom.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Although the U.S. has too many people in prison, you don know that Russia and China under report the size of their prison populations, right?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The willingness of some people to throw another to the wolves based on naught is frightening.

Secret proceedings, unjust sentences, and "political crimes" are not in accordance with American ideals. The crimes are increasingly perpetrated by corrupt government on us, yet too many people will ignore such crimes because the suspect (in fact the victim) was a jay walker or drunk in public or otherwise accused or guilty of some petty crime, real or contrived.

This case is one more example of our government having exceeded it's authorized mandate. By default that makes them tyrannical and subject to removal by whatever means is required. THIS is the spirit of the foundation of our nation and our constitution.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
Welcome to the future.

Not the future.
Grand Juries have always been that way.
An old episode of Quincy M.E. from decades ago even raised the "lock em up if they dont testify" issue when Quincy himself had to spend a night in jail.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Her bravery in standing up and saying NO makes me very proud.

She is what it's all about. The real deal.

I wonder how many others would stand against the oppressors if called upon to do so?

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
OK Gloria Allred, time to step up to the plate you sanctimonious bag of wind. Here is a person who honest-to-goodness really needs some help and this nonsense needs some publicity.

...BTW, the girl does look pretty dangerous with the wiener dog and all. Definitely grounds to s*** all over the Constitution.
edit on 12-10-2012 by ABNARTY because: spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

Welcome to the present..........

2nd line

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the case, but what happen when you plead the 5th, in front o Grand jury. They say well OK we won't prosecute you, your free to talk. If you then do not answer their questions, they lock you up for the duration of the Grand jury, which can be as long as 2 years.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Wow the legal system is LAME. Morrissey sings a song about it, in fact several songs. Are we in Russia, china or america? I forget.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

It's called being in contempt of court... She's stupid, especially that she is getting immunity...

When you don't comply with an order of the court you get punished...

Speak up or get locked up... Too bad so sad...

She's gonna make some great fresh meat in jail!

Don't comply and you deserve to be raped over and over in prison. Big heart.

I agree with the spontaneous combustion comment.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
She is living by the ideal, when they came for xyz I didn't speak out. I commend and thank her for the noble act of self sacrifice.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I wonder how many members in the Gran Jury were federal agents voted for her sentencing? Not one ill minded citizen of the U.S. would see this young lady go to prison.

Oh wait, if she snitch, she done for right?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by ilikestarz

the more that i read on here about prison sentences in the usa ,the more i think that it is a savage county .

the usa imprisons more people than china and russia and the usa calls these countries brutal . !

usa 2,266,832 . china 1,640.000 . russia 741,600 .

For the US, take away all imprisoned who; possessed, manufactured, sold, distributed, inhaled, etc...

Wouldn't be that bad.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hold on can she not plead the 5th? I have seen it on Telly plead the 5th

Like someone said sign of the times isnt it?.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
So we defend this girl for protecting those who destroyed private property why?

You think 2nd amendment should remain? Well lets just lock you up. Same thing.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by ilikestarz

the more that i read on here about prison sentences in the usa ,the more i think that it is a savage county .

the usa imprisons more people than china and russia and the usa calls these countries brutal . !

usa 2,266,832 . china 1,640.000 . russia 741,600 .

You skip over the fact that Foxconn has had to install nets around its roof to keep the constant jumpers' suicides from eating away at the prison, er, factory's workforce. Foxconn China, that is. How many other businesses are like Foxconn in China? Treating their people so badly that they try to escape through death? We don't know.

Oh, work camps don't count as prisons? OK, everything's fine, then.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well anyone that makes that stupid heart shape with their hands deserves to be imprisoned.

Its not cool or clever and shows nothing more than a person desperately trying far to hard to fit in with the do gooders. You get what you deserve in life.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
How dare they do that to her. This is just sad and makes me feel sick. Why would they do somthing like this to such a sweet young lady. Is there nothing in our rights that protect us from such a careless distructive law?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Boo hoo she wont tell us what we want to hear, hey lets hold her in contempt and put her in PRISON with all the other hardened criminals, that'll teach her to be quiet
soon all the oppressive governments of this earth SHALL answer to the angry citizens knocking at the front door.

Time to start a new, burn this S*** to the ground !!!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

edit on 13-10-2012 by VariableConstant because: Nevermind, we're past screwed

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join