It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel Peace Prize awarded to European Union

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm glad people have enough sense of history to realize that the EU project has succeeded in making peace. They got the peace price, after all. Not many people are realizing the scope of this project. I met up with some of the people who's working in the comities to improve EU. The EU economic zoning that is coming is also something I know a great deal about, but this is for another time. You have to see how this unfolds for yourself, I can't tell you too much about this. Also, you might have noticed that things are not going exactly as planned.

They should NOT win the price in economics though. They really have to work on their accounting. They still got a long way to go before they can claim that price. It's important to separate these two things separate in the analysis. In the future I hope they can find a practical way to get the best of both peace and prosperity.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
You know, the Nobel Peace Prize has been a ridiculous farce for many years now. What they should do, if all of the nominations are pathetic, is to just not award a prize to anyone or anything until a real candidate comes along. However, we all know that there are people out there who are doing great things that promote peace, but they will always be passed over in lieu of the powerful, favored few.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by ManFromEurope

You should be ashamed at your lack of knowledge of Obama and the European Union. Please explain why the death of almost 2 million Iraqi and Afghan people and the illegal occupation of their lands is worse than the atrocities carried out by Hitler.

You mean, like the iraq war GWBush started and Obama ended? And what is that with the deaths in Afghanistan? That number is at about 15.000 civilian victims - a gruesome, irrational number nevertheless. In Iraq, there were about 100.000 deaths on part of the civilian population. Much too high, too!

But not the 2.000.000 victims you told us about. Which is a lie and a smokescreen to further your own agenda.

By Hitlers intentions and deeds, there were (proven!) millions and millions of victims, WWII is usually counted with 50-80 million deaths, many of them civilians.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, my granny told me. You should try to understand the difference between EU, Obama and Hitler - which you didn't up to your posting, obviously.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

You mean, like the iraq war GWBush started and Obama ended? And what is that with the deaths in Afghanistan? That number is at about 15.000 civilian victims - a gruesome, irrational number nevertheless. In Iraq, there were about 100.000 deaths on part of the civilian population. Much too high, too!

If you want to know how many people have died in the war. Check out the only peer reviewed scientific paper on it..! I check my facts. I do not sit there listen to government spastics...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join