It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the whole idea of 2012 doomsday another false accusation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm not going off of any theories, or valid sources (well I won't post sources because this is just what I gathered over a long period of time) but, all these 2012 end of the world things, it seems to have died down. Before, there were all these multiple theories, now, as its only 2 months away, there is absolutely no talk on it, surely those that call themselves psychic would be able to sense it more clearly since it is closer, especially if it really is an impending doom, regardless of what it is, it will be a huge change to the world (somewhere i've read that it could actually be the start of a new Era) but my point being, after all this time, all these things that have been "prophesied" is it possible that it is just all false? I mean, in the large time frame that we should have started seeing tiny changes in the world, climate, volcanoes erupting, tornadoes, huge hurricanes (many other crazy storms i'd imagine) as we get closer to the expected doomsday date, the changes should be massive, yet, there are no heat waves, no crazy sudden storms, hell, the biggest piece of ice was recorded recently, never in history has one so large been recorded, yet, you have those people screaming "GLOBAL WARMING!" , but thats a whole different topic I don't want to go in to. My point being, all this time, all the prophecies, can it be, that there in reality is no doomsday, or no start of a new era? Is it possible that the Mayans stopped continueing the calendar, because their civilization fell? I mean, they can't make it forever can they? I also find it interesting, how suddenly, after the calendar was "found" suddenly all these psychics and what not started having "visions" and feelings that pointed to doomsday. I could be wrong, and that whole psychic thing works in different ways. But again, i'm not 100% sure. My final point, no changes in climate, no crazy weather, no massive losses of human life. No change in Space, no change anywhere. And with only 2 months left, we should be witnessing massive changes in the world. Scientists themselves said that there should be some sort of hint in the world pointing to 2012. What do you guys think? Didn't mean to make this so long, haha, just thinking out loud.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I agree with you. When I first heard about the 2012 thing, I admit, I bought into it. But the more I thought and researched about it, I found it to be a bit absurd. I think the only close one is that we as people will change but that is still far fetched. Everything that goes wrong (the crazies, weather,politics) gets thrown into the whole hype of it. But it is weird that the hoopla has died down.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rowdyrich
I agree with you. When I first heard about the 2012 thing, I admit, I bought into it. But the more I thought and researched about it, I found it to be a bit absurd. I think the only close one is that we as people will change but that is still far fetched. Everything that goes wrong (the crazies, weather,politics) gets thrown into the whole hype of it. But it is weird that the hoopla has died down.

Yeah, forgot to mention, I was pretty freaked out by it, I mean, it was just so big, pretty believable to, but as time went, knowledge came, and the closer we got to 2012, the less sense it actually made. And agreed, it is odd that no one talks about it, maybe everyone else got common sense as well

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Yeah or everyone is sitting back waiting for something to happen since it's getting so close.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Rebecca Black will release her new "album", it seems on 21st dec 2012.. Thats about enough signs of the apocalypse for me, thanks a lot.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

It's doomsday, it's doomsday will be all over YouTube 2013

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TehSlenderMan
can it be, that there in reality is no doomsday, or no start of a new era? Is it possible that the Mayans stopped continueing the calendar, because their civilization fell?

All of the elite work for Lucifer. They create wars and rumours of earth's immenant destruction so that their 'negative entities' can feed off the fear that people feel.

Here is a response i got back from an angel concerning Dec 21 2012...

Whatever may happen with that date wasn't set forth by a Mayan calendar...if the enemy utelises the hype to usher in the next step for the beast kingdom...that will be entirely a contrived event. They already manipulate the mood of the masses and the emotional direction society takes. To imagine them turning up the volume on that in December isn't too difficult. This is why i tell people...stop believing your feelings and never be led by them. Which is precisely everything opposite the new age teaches.

The elite have probably turned down the heat because they know people will start to give up their jobs. The elite depend on tax-payers for their income.

The elite are parasites after all.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TehSlenderMan

jeez man....DONT JINX US

i kid i kid

but honestly I dont think dec 2012 will be the end of us. This may really just be the last date they wrote on the mayan calender, because maybe they didn't feel like writing anymore. Though I do feel that throughout these past couple years, the world has gotten worse and worse everyday. So either way, im happy. If it ends, it ends, if it doesn't, then there always is tommorow

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TehSlenderMan
What do you guys think?

All a hoax - if the people pushing the silly ideas really believed why arent they giving away their houses, cars etc?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TehSlenderMan

Confession: Sometime in the early nineties, when i was a little niave and a lot less wise than today,a friend of mine introduced me to the '2012 doomsday' theory. Which initially stemmed from interpretations of parts of ancient Mayan history. Intrigued, i purchased a certain book by Adrian Gilbert and soon became hooked on finding out more. Needless to say i bought several more books and eventually i was generally on board with the notion that December 21 2012 was going to bring some long predicted event, either the return of 'someone' and/or a planetary catastrophy of some sort.

Since then, everybody and his dog has jumped on the money spinning bandwagon regarding this date and over the last 20 years my belief in the validity of the predictions has somewhat faded!

With just over 2 months to go as you have said the 'hype' has dwindled and i believe it is because, like me, people have slowly realised that this date is nothing but misinterpreted nonsense. Or, as you have said, maybe it has been deliberately dumbed down to keep society in order.

Either way we haven't got long to wait. I'm just glad i'm only £100 down in book purchases and not tens of thousands of pounds worth of god knows what survival equipment with my life upside down like many people out there who have bought into the whole thing.

edit on 12/10/12 by logicalview because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Your all missing the point. Even the mayans knew of the effect it would have on the future civilizations which is us now. Its not the end of the world as the movies show. Thats one of the tactics TPTB use to instill fear & terror within the program. There play on that moment of future time they want us all to be in fear. Fear is one of the things which gives them power.
But its not what the event if you wish to call it that is about.
For those that have taken the long walk, not the quick and easy path, they are the ones which will have there eyes opened. For a few moments and will be forever changed. it will be a wonderous thing to behold.
Course you have to conquor all your fears. And the road is very long.

As for me I'll just relax that morning and smile, it will be truly wonderous to behold..
For a few..

Most people on the planet won't feel anything...

its a pity.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
That's the change that I wonder about, is it only conquering your fears that you will be able to feel this change? This is the only thing that keeps me holding on to any of the 2012 stuff, if there is a change I hope it is for the better.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
At first, I was intrigued by the Mayan calender. But as a friend pointed out, it's just a calender- we have them and at the end of every year, they end. The world doesn't change, we just go out and buy another calender, don't we?

I also read somewhere, here, that the Mayans didn't have leap years, so technically the world should have ended months ago.

There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today would be July 28, 2013. Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year...so technically the world should have ended 7 months ago.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The thing is that there are no ancient prophecies regarding 2012 and the Long Count doesn't end. If you check the links in my sig I cover a lot of the false claims made about 2012.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
2012 and perhaps 21 december 2012 (winter solstice day) will be the "starting gun", of the race to the collapse of the global civilization

*the Earth's core and Mantle plumes are behaving erratically
*our solar system is suddenly being penetrated by a new synchrontronic radiation coming from the galactic core
*the Muslim Ummah is intent upon creating the new Caliphate under the 'Twelvers' leadership
*destruction instead of Life-Liberty-Pursuit of Happiness is the current mantra of the collective mind
*A universal dystopia is all i see ahead of us.... ergo, my final ~30 years will be interesting
*the wing-nuts will do their best to make dire prophecies a self-fufilling paradigm

this is the quiet time before the storm (aka great tribulation, birth pangs,,,)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
all the people who preached about 2012 being the end all seem to be dissapearing now because its clear nothing will happen by now

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by littleflash
At first, I was intrigued by the Mayan calender. But as a friend pointed out, it's just a calender- we have them and at the end of every year, they end. The world doesn't change, we just go out and buy another calender, don't we?

I also read somewhere, here, that the Mayans didn't have leap years, so technically the world should have ended months ago.

There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today would be July 28, 2013. Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year...so technically the world should have ended 7 months ago.

But whoever decoded the calendar when it was found... didn't they take the leap years into consideration as they were working on decoding it?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
When Dec 21 2012 was far way, people had the balls to talk back and say things because, its clearly far away... now its close.. they are all shaky, just like how i was when i was next in line for "show and tell" in grade 2. Damn i hated those.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hopefully December 21 comes and goes peacefully. But in case it doesn't, I've decided I don't want to live in a post-apocalyptic world. I'd just as soon go out quickly in the beginning of whatever doom might come.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkuzzleButt
all the people who preached about 2012 being the end all seem to be dissapearing now because its clear nothing will happen by now

Either that, or they have retreated into their bunkers

<<   2 >>

join