It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is War perfectly natural?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Who who controls the love will control the war.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Who who controls the love will control the war.

He who controls the beginning... controls the end!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I was making a statement of truth. Your playing words off against me for fun. And i mean that with respect cause its a clever play with words.

edit on 12-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

In most cases throughout history war hasnt been down to a simple,straightforward necessity to survive (Incas vs Conquistadors may be an exception from an Inca perspective).

Im sorry if I misunderstood as well. War has always been straight forward, and a necessity to survive, we just have to think about those that caus them, and what their intent is, most people as a society fail to look into it.

We have been taught since the very beginning that the winners choose fate, and we live for that in a sense. If every story told us that there were winner and loser, and it was 50/50 people would less likely choose war.

Btw not trying to be difficult I am enjoying the discussion.
Peace, NRE.

Am enjoying it to,don't think you're trying to be difficutt.

And that's certainly true,the winners will definetly justify and sanitise their reasons for war making it appear they had no other choice but to go to war,it was forced onto them,a matter of survival.

The losers often seen as the instigators that brought it on themselves.

The original intent being lost in history,or downplayed over time while successive generations are brought up to believe the winners explanation.

Some wars are fought simply and for a straightforward belief in survival.Of a culture,freedom or way of life.Even taking into account winners spin it's hard not to see WW2 from a UK perspective.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

in my perceptions humans have agressive and non agressive tendancies. sometimes i wonder what caused that first caveman to smash the other with a rock. probably had more fish than he did. this is more of a chicken or egg theory. however this sort of thing caused defense to evolve into awareness. perhaps in it's evolution war helps us understand the significance of peace

edit on 12-10-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

perhaps in it's evolution war helps us understand the significance of peace

Yes it does for some of us. I think someothers enjoy having the war going, its sort of like their version of what love is. The beginning and end joined by love and war, war and love. Like the Devil and Angel making love.
edit on 12-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

War is a creation of government. People do not choose to go to war. Governments do. A better question might be is government natural or do we need government like animals need zoos...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

A better question might be is government natural or do we need government like animals need zoos...

Its a relevant question worthy of its own thread

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

yes we are at war with ourselfs everyday why wouldn't society reflect what individuals experience everyday

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

before government, tribes went to war and these are tribes of completely free people so ur point is moot

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
No.War is not natural.It is a byproduct of Greed.
You don't see cats and dogs assembling armies and killing each other.
Interaction and disagreement are natural,even fighting is natural.But war is not.
Humans are the only species on this planet that have wars.Perhaps humans are not natural

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yes it is and you are not nature.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

before government, tribes went to war and these are tribes of completely free people so ur point is moot

How much evidence can you find for aggressive war like tribes if you look before the iron age...Matriarchal societies did not exhibit the same tendencies that we exhibit today... I do not think my point is moot. Please provide evidence....

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

war ever since two tribes wanted a certain piece of land which has been happening since the first tribes were formed.
edit on 12-10-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A great question considering we have been killing each other for one reason or another since Cain and Abel.I'm afraid war is natural but must be rooted out if we hope to survive as a species.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

even insect colonies go to war, heres an example of one army forming up to destroy another army and it happens because its in there nature just like its in ours.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

war ever since two tribes wanted a certain piece of land which has been happening since the first tribes were formed.

I wrote a response you replied with something different.. Please explain how these tribes are pre iron age as per my last post...

No it has not been happening since the beginning of time.... Evidence suggests that early societies did not have these idiosyncrasies.. Just because something is the status quo does not mean it has always been the status quo...

War: A primary patriarchal contribution to culture, almost entirely absent from the matriarchal societies of the Neolithic and early Bronze Ages

But later, cultures developed that devoted themselves to the arts of war. Wave after wave of Indo-European invasions swept over Europe from the Bronze Age on. Warrior Gods drove the Goddess peoples out from the fertile lowlands and fine temples...

The mythological cycle of Goddess and Consort, Mother and Divine child, which had held sway for 30 thousand years, was changed to conform to the values of the conquering patriarchies

wicca.cnbeyer.com...

Matrifocal pre-Minoan Crete, for example was a society with great multi-storeyed palaces, villas, farmsteads and harbours, with advanced transportation. This was a society where the feminine image was vastly preponderant.

Archaeologists are also struck by the marked absence of signs of warfare, in sharp contradistinction to all comparable societies in which the male image predominated. Also striking is the fact that when, at a later period, male images begin to dominate, fortifications and weapons of death and warfare appear at the same time.

Please supply evidence of war weaponry of pre-Minioan culture if war has always existed... I think many archaeologists would be grateful for the help. Because they have trouble finding it themselves...

www.mother-god.com...
edit on 12-10-2012 by purplemer because: fun

edit on 12-10-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

even insect colonies go to war, heres an example of one army forming up to destroy another army and it happens because its in there nature just like its in ours.

If it your nature to behave like an ant then so be it.. But please do not judge the rest of us accordingly...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

yes we are at war with ourselfs everyday why wouldn't society reflect what individuals experience everyday

bud how am I at war with myself.. I get up. I drink some coffee. I have a nice day.. I go to sleep... Please expand..

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

native Americans used bone and stone to make weapons just as they always did, before the "iron" age, so your saying that before the iron age Indians didnt kill each other over land and recorces but then the iron age happened and all the sudden Indians decided to go to war? interesting theroy.

news.bbc.co.uk...

and i guess this guy must have been depressed and shot himself with an arrow because people didnt war back then.

and anybody that says they dont have conflicting thoughts and feelings within there own mind is a liar. so u can miss me with that one
edit on 12-10-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join