It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Todays Darwin Award Winner.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Saw this on the local news tonight and thought I would share the story. Seems this guy really wanted to eat his squirrel. There is a video of the blaze it caused at the link provided.

www.freep.com...

HOLLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. — Authorities say a blaze that displaced dozens of people from a southwest Michigan apartment complex may have been sparked by a resident trying to cook a squirrel with a propane torch.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Oh boy, that gave me a great laugh.

Thanks.

I'm sorry those guys were dislocated, but it's still funny as all get out.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
Saw this on the local news tonight and thought I would share the story. Seems this guy really wanted to eat his squirrel. There is a video of the blaze it caused at the link provided.

www.freep.com...

HOLLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. — Authorities say a blaze that displaced dozens of people from a southwest Michigan apartment complex may have been sparked by a resident trying to cook a squirrel with a propane torch.

Sounds like someone is very poor and very needy. a shame to think someone has no way to cook and nothing to eat in this country.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Revenge of the cooked squirrel

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
How the heck did a propane torch lead to .....Oh never mind. I should know better than to ask when the story starts with Davy Crockett there skinning the fur with a blow torch.

Good God they walk among us...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wow....burning the fur off with a blowtorch?? There is a reason animals are skinned before cooking.

Sad about the poor people, but c'mon, that torch was most likely on the premises for drugs, not home repair...thus explaining the way the squirrel was cooked, and the careless way the torch was handled which lead to the place catching on fire.

Apparenly, the only casualties were the building, the squirrel, and a fireman's toe. Glad to know there was no loss of life other than poor ol' Bushy Tail.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I am sorry, you can not give this idiot a Darwin Award.

Darwin Awards are given posthumously to those idiots that do society the ultimate favor by removing themselves from the gene pool.

This guy still lives.

P

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Sad about the poor people, but c'mon, that torch was most likely on the premises for drugs, not home repair...thus explaining the way the squirrel was cooked, and the careless way the torch was handled which lead to the place catching on fire.

Since I don't believe you do "drugs" I am curious why that conclusion is jumped to. I've never seen anyone freebase something with a blowtorch, nor light a joint. In fact, if the "drugs" were being done with a torch like I believe was used, we'd be hearing about a guy with a burned off face, not a miscooked squirrel.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

F'get posthumously, bump for the story! Didn't hit the link,
I'll just take your word for it Rifleman. Semper Fried JHCROFL
Maybe pickling -- no, it'd take too long for little hassenfluffy,
and this sounded like Mr.Sec.8 was havin' a gang pang. It
makes me suspect that crack can create uncharacteristic
munchies in certain isolated personalities.
It was terrible that everybody around him got remodeled though.
In a way I'd take it all back if he was trying to hack the hike.
But please merciful Big Guy Upstairs, let not this one be packing
an up to date voter reg card; worse a Class Anything firearms permit.
He might miss himself with hardware too-- and nuke the ammo dump.
Finally, my many thanks for you and all of The Few's service.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

Torches are used quite frequently when it comes to meth.

Paraphernalia: meth pipes are often made of thin glass and may have dark residue inside. Mini torches (not lighters) and butane fuel or propane bottles (the type used for camp stoves). Snort tubes piece of cut straw, hollow tube of a pen, may have residue inside. Needles, syringes, dirty spoons and cotton, scales.

police.cityofboise.org...

I don't do drugs, but I've worked for county welfare for years, and you'd be surprised what you pick up when you work with certain subsets of the population.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Mini torches, okay for drugs, no so great for squirrel cooking. I still don't think it's fair to jump to the conclusion that this moron's problem was drugs, especially since the article doesn't mention anything about drug charges filed against the guy.

top topics

join