It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google, Whats the deal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Just out of curiousity...whats the deal with google? Almost all questions are answered with "just google it" or "a simple google came up with this..."
and so on and so forth.

Why is google set a top such a pedestal above all other sites? The other day while I was searching for some information I had the idea of comparing Yahoo and Google. Well, with every phrase entered both sites came up with the exact same results, so why is google held with such high esteem and seemingly worshipped around here

Does the infamous google side banner everyone sees have anything to do with it? Is it not a case of superior search capabilities but that of money and site support? Does ATS/BTS get more deniro the more it recommends?

Enlighten me...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Just out of curiousity...whats the deal with google? Almost all questions are answered with "just google it" or "a simple google came up with this..."
and so on and so forth.

Why is google set a top such a pedestal above all other sites? The other day while I was searching for some information I had the idea of comparing Yahoo and Google. Well, with every phrase entered both sites came up with the exact same results, so why is google held with such high esteem and seemingly worshipped around here

Does the infamous google side banner everyone sees have anything to do with it? Is it not a case of superior search capabilities but that of money and site support? Does ATS/BTS get more deniro the more it recommends?

Enlighten me...

Uh, no.

Google is just a proven effective engine.
Personally I find Yahoo's website just too cluttered, I love going to google and not having thousands of other links on the same page.

EDIT
Why dosn't this guys original post come up?

[edit on 20-10-2004 by StationsCreation]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm agreeing with you on that one. I can't stand the millions of ads, and the "Click here! Click here!" interface that Yahoo has. I wan't to search the web, and not view ads about singles.

Original poster is on Global Ignore. I'm sure there was a reason, but I don't know why.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
A good alternative is Dogpile, I actually use it more than Google...

new topics

top topics

join