It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SURPRISE! The 7.8% jobs numbers were in fact, wrong.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
Fox news trying to make the current administration look bad.....Im shocked!!!
And as usual the Paul fanatics here will do their best to do the same
It really isn't fair is it? Fox has the easy job. ABC and MSNBC have the hard job, trying to make the current administration look good.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Just a few posts above yours someone posted links to other news sites carrying the story. Denial isn't healthy you know?

www.cnbc.com...
www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 11-10-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The news keeps coming...

www.usnews.com...

The controversy seemed to throw cold water on a figure that initially seemed to reinforce the optimism from last Friday's surprisingly sunny September jobs report, which brought the unemployment rate down from 8.1 percent to 7.8 percent.

The confusion also played right into the hands of conspiracy theorists who lashed out last week, suggesting the rosy September jobs numbers were rigged to help President Barack Obama a month before the election. Former GE CEO Jack Welch lit up the Internet with a tweet that accused the Obama re-election team of Chicago-style politics.

Several news outlets today reported that officials said that one state in particular accounted for the drop because it did not fully report its claims.

finance.yahoo.com...

The Labor Department appears to have had little choice in this matter, however; it couldn't estimate what the one large state would or should have reported. Still, it may have been able to avoid more confusion had it more clearly articulated that in its weekly press release.
And now, there is one state's labor department with plenty of explaining to do.

Sooo California didn't report this crucial information and we're all supposed to believe it was just an over sight? Not to mention the whole thing is being glossed over by the media just before a big debate? Sheesh, this is getting down right offensive.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
yay 2 party system

the republicans want high unemployment so they can win the white house and give the rich tax breaks

what a system !

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
yay 2 party system

the republicans want high unemployment so they can win the white house and give the rich tax breaks

what a system !

Please explain how exposing out fraudulent numbers (meant to cover for a filing presidency) equates to "wanting" high unemployment.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Please explain how exposing out fraudulent numbers (meant to cover for a filing presidency) equates to "wanting" high unemployment.

I think his point was that 8% will be bad to Republicans now and 6% will be bad to Democrats in 4 years. Whatever the % is its bad only if your not in power and that both parties will continue the u3 charade while the true number of Americans at work continues to decline and our industry and knowledge continue to be offshored. If you want a good old fashioned world war you need a lot of helpless/unemployed Americans.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Here's the odd thing: the California EDD swears they reported the numbers on time. If that is true then somebody on the Federal end "dropped" the ball.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
Here's the odd thing: the California EDD swears they reported the numbers on time. If that is true then somebody on the Federal end "dropped" the ball.

Another "innocent mistake" of the many many 'mistakes' we'll be told should make absolutely no difference at all and is racist or bigoted or ignorant or just plain mean spirited to even suggest the public should get absolute answers on. Just watch. I'll bet ya that's what happens and with a quickness.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Just a few posts above yours someone posted links to other news sites carrying the story. Denial isn't healthy you know?

www.cnbc.com...
www.businessinsider.com...

Two more right wing sights
That must have been hard to find

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

NBC is a right wing website now? Really? I mean...really?? NBC?

Okay... Is the entire MSM a vast right wing conspiracy like Hillary said way back when too? Umm.. wow.. I feel jipped if the whole establishment is supposed to be on my side. I really do.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by gorgi

Okay... Is the entire MSM a vast right wing conspiracy like Hillary said way back when too? Umm.. wow.. I feel jipped if the whole establishment is supposed to be on my side. I really do.

CNBC is.
I didnt expect you to know that though. Facts can be very rare here.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
So what is the REAL figure?
Will it come out before the elections?
Will it get as much media coverage as this 7.8 blip?

I already know the answer.

But the government's own U-6 measure is even higher, at 14.7 percent. That's the percentage of adult Americans who are unemployed, underemployed, too discouraged to look for work or "marginally attached" to the labor force.

The 'Real' Unemployment Rate Is Still Really Lousy

Lets not count the true figures, for Minority's either.............

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
yay 2 party system

what a system !

The system is only as good as its weakest link. And the people are the very base of the system. And with insight like yours it is very easy to see why the system is falling apart.

Maybe we should just set a standard for both parties and we could start with telling the truth, no matter how bad it is.

Most people and I bet your one of them only want the truth or the facts if it fits your needs and or wants.
edit on 12-10-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Yeah, important topic ya know...... Cause ya, Republicans and Democrats, there just sooooo different! Fox news, CNN, wow, there so different from one another, It kind of makes me wan't to pick a side ya know? Like, I wan't to pick the side that makes me think I can make a difference if I believe the ideals they project even if I never receive the benefits from those ideals. Hey, at least I feel like a part of something then and I fit in right?

Your sheep for participating in such a ridiculous argument and your sheep for not knowing why. Bleh.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Welch was right!!!!!!!

Of course everyone knew this already

I knew he was on to something with how defense the Democrat media got.

This liberal progressive nut job is the scum that scum cleans off. The sad crowd these type of people pander to could care less about the truth.

I wise man once told me if you are not a liberal by the time you are 20 you have no heart. In the same breath he said if you are not a conservative by the time you are 30 you have no brains.

Shamefully sometimes people never grow up and they hold on to ideals that only the innocence of youth can afford to have.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

reply to post by gorgi

CNBC is.
I didnt expect you to know that though. Facts can be very rare here.

Well, thanks for the "Education"... I'll take mine without the extra condescension next time....and accuracy is something you're lacking..badly. If CNBC is a "right wing" news channel...then so is CNN, MSNBC, ABC and CBS.

My goodness....when CNBC has gone to the Republican Party..I guess no media remains free anywhere. Scary thought..for some, and a nice world for me to imagine. It's a shame the world you imagine existing in media, doesn't.

Take care though..... I doubt we'll chat much again. That reply is a level of maturity I'm not sure where to go with....and you're right. ATS DOES have entirely too much of it just recently.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't believe the Labor Dept. ever said which state didn't report. CA is speculation. Also, it wasn't the initial filings that were not reported it was refilings for people whose benefits had run out and have to refile which happens at the end of every quarter.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

reply to post by gorgi

Okay... Is the entire MSM a vast right wing conspiracy like Hillary said way back when too?

It makes as much sense as those that claim MSM is all liberal except Fox News. Conspiracies are all pretty much equal in probability.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I don't believe the Labor Dept. ever said which state didn't report.

According to the link below(posted earlier by Leather and Lace), the Labor Dept did indeed finger California as the state. Interestingly enough, California denies this, saying that they did submit their complete reports in a timely fashion. I say interestingly, because this seems to be a trend with the Obama Administration, claiming something that other people involved in then deny.... and the story ends up going nowhere.

business insider

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Well duh....lol it was never a question by most that the numbers were bull%#*=...... But then again...the numbers have been Bull*%#=+ for years.

It's easy enough to see if you follow the stock market news and of course the money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join