It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins protect diver from a shark.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
With all the neg press dolphins have been getting as of late. I thought this was appropriate.

Dolphins are pretty effin neat. Most seem to love humans. I've been lucky enough to swim with them and it is truly amazing. These"wild" animals, so to say, love us. They love to interact and play with us. Yes there are a few bad seeds but for the most part dolphins are cool by me. Enjoy.

By the by, I DID do a search. Came up with nada.
edit on 11-10-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: Cuz this is america.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Were they protecting the human or were they just driving off the shark because its dangerous and a competing predator in their waters?

I think its slightly arrogant for the guy to automatically assume it was all for his benefit. Of course it makes a good story for him to tell and possibly makes selling his film a lot easier.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I haven't heard of any dolphins getting bad press.

But what the second posters said may be true, it may be for the dolphin's own interests.

Just like the stories of dolphins pushing swimmers back to the shore, you don't hear from the ones that got pushed out to sea.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I believe the OP was referring to what was discussed in this thread here Dolphin Rape Caves
It is the last story shared

Good to see that dolphins can do good things for mankind as well, maybe these were female dolphins

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Rofl. When have dolphins ever gotten any bad press? They're the most coddled and beloved animal on the planet. I recall reading somewhere that they're a rapey bunch, but the came can be said for any species. That's the closest to bad dolphin press I've ever read. They do a pretty good job of keeping themselves in humanity's good graces, what with their adorable looks, adorable high pitched chatter, intelligence and undeniably altruistic tendencies.

I'm a pretty ardent carnivore, there aren't many animals I wouldn't be happy to hunt and eat, but dolphins are one of them. Couldn't bear to watch The Cove. Not that I necessarily disagree with another cultures dietary practices, or the way that they obtain the dolphin meat, it's just tough to see and not right for me.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

I don't think the fact that some dolphins rape other dolphins reflects poorly on the dolphin as a species, in the same way as humans raping other humans necessarily reflects poorly on humanity. It reflects on the individual, and perhaps on the culture. That's a potent word to use for a non-human animal, culture, but there are compelling arguments to be made that dolphins do have their own.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You really shouldn't pay to swim with dolphins. In doing so you are supporting a business that does not care about these beautiful creatures. Dolphins in "swim with the dolphins" programs are often malnourished and have substandard care. As a society we've become too accepting of these types of programs and forget that if it were not for the customers, those dolphins would be swimming freely in the ocean living the social lives they are meant to.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Alright and awesome replies. -_-... Was kinda trying to have this warm and fuzzy thread. Apparently that doesn't work here anymore.

Firstly. Dolphins have been and continuing to attack swimmers they drag them to caves with their penis's and then rape them. Google it YouTube it but look it up. If this was a dolphin rape thread well then I'd provide the info. Secondly. This is a nice lil fluff piece on the dolphin world. Nothing to be negative about nothing to be anything but aww what a cute lil interaction caught on film. Regardless of the dolphins intentions it appears as they are warding off the shark. Good for them. Third. Not all folks pay to swim with dolphins. Fortunately corporateism has not effected some parts of the ocean.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Its funny you mention how neat the are. I was only watching a show the other day which said dolphins have a bad habit of taking people to the bottom of the ocean and raping them
. They used blow up dolls to test the theory and yes, they concluded that it was correct...
edit on 11-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

Just seem the above post

edit on 11-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
Alright and awesome replies. -_-... Was kinda trying to have this warm and fuzzy thread. Apparently that doesn't work here anymore.

Firstly. Dolphins have been and continuing to attack swimmers they drag them to caves with their penis's and then rape them. Google it YouTube it but look it up. If this was a dolphin rape thread well then I'd provide the info. Secondly. This is a nice lil fluff piece on the dolphin world. Nothing to be negative about nothing to be anything but aww what a cute lil interaction caught on film. Regardless of the dolphins intentions it appears as they are warding off the shark. Good for them. Third. Not all folks pay to swim with dolphins. Fortunately corporateism has not effected some parts of the ocean.

Maybe they were fending off the shark so they could go and have some fun with sdome fresh meat

top topics

join