It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happend in my small town in New Brunswick Canada??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa
I cannot give the facebook thread as that would be giving out other peoples identity, however, I finally got the pics to work !

Looks to me like a lightning strike, judging by the "scratch" marks on the trunk of the fallen tree, unless the marks got there from the fall.

I have some pine trees near my house that got struck but didn't fall. The lightning made marks like that on the bark, and splitting the tree as well in a screw type pattern going up to the top. Also there was a lot of resin leaking out of the new marks. Just my opinion =)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobidinc
I have seen what I was later told was space junk re-entering when I was a child, Flash boom flash, then we saw a bright as blue fireball pierce the low clouds, but more recently roughly three weeks ago around 8:00 a.m. I heard a massive boom, strange thing was there was no echo and no noise from a jet post or prior to the sound, I live in an extremely hilly area and would expect to hear some sort of echo so I assumed the sound came from the sky, got me stumped what it was, we don't have blasting or shelling around here, there is some hunting but that definitely echo's if heard at all, I'm in the Yarra valley Victoria, any other locals on here hear anything around that time?

Yeah, those booms are common round the Yarra valley area, from Healsville down to Lilydale. It's the local bureau of meteorology setting off charges for seeding (or what ever they do), in various locations in the area. happens somewhere in the valley several times a week.

And the tree... Yeah thats a lightning strike for sure. I have seen many in my time working in the bush in all manner of weather. There's also a little rot on the inner rings, which would have added to the factors that brought it down.

That said, there's your answer I right there. Lightning brought the tree down (the thunder prolly wasn't what youe heard tho), on powerlines and caused a small surge which blew a transformer, which would have made a massive BOOM, minus the rolling echo.
edit on 10/15/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join