It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happend in my small town in New Brunswick Canada??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I tried to see if anyone had tweeted about your event but couldn't find anything so far. Its interesting but I can't think of an explanation. Why hasn't the news reported? Local even?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Last night in Saskatchewan I was out having a smoke, and I looked to the West and saw a green fireball. My second ever! As I didn't have any pics, I didn't feel it was worth a thread. I wonder if this is what could have been the big boom you heard.

ps- I understand that you don't live West of Saskatchewan, my point is to say that maybe some meteors made it through and one blew up near you!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, I quickly went to reply when I read this. But it sounds like Extra Terrestrial, I know there are many accounts of sound booms near a U.F.O. Sighting, I could be thinking about something else, but i'm pretty sure it is that. The bright flash too would only be from a U.F.O. Pretty coincidental for both things to have happened. So i'm sure it was a E.T. Of some sort. It just depends what it was, I can't deduct much from the way you sad it, so for all I know it could have happened a completely different way.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

a jet breaking the sound barrier?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa
I will tell you the facts, I am looking for a viable answer.

Last night at 1:15am Atlantic time, in my small village of Minto, New Brunswick, Canada, there was a bright flash and then an extremely loud boom. In all my years, I can safely say that it was not any kind of thunder I have ever heard, more like a sound barrier boom, closely followed by another one.

These were so bad that they literally shook the house like a small earthquake. When I got up this morning, it was all over facebook, people talking about how it was a complete WTF moment...

One guy quoted:

not when your car almost got blown up on mainstreet spars hit my car and it shut off and wouldent start for a min, and my windshlid wipers dont work

Now that was concerning to me.....what would cause such a thing?

There is no media coverage on the event, and no tremors showed up on the EQ map.

I would like your thoughts on this, trollers don't bother as I am seriously looking for scientific answers.

Thank you.

Might have been a large power transformer explosion, that would possibly explain the EMP sounding effects on the guys car, check this video out, similar sounding thing in Russia a few months ago www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueCollar1975
There were over 800 people without Power this morning in Saint John between 5-8:30Am
The radio said it was due to a thunderstorm.

This probably doesn't help too much as we are an hour away but I thought I would mention it.

Cheers.

and here you go... sounding more plausible by the second. some kind of power transmission explosion. Whya re people always so keen to jump to massive conclusions? yeah it was a UFO, thats the most likely explanation, lets jump straight to that hey without even considering anything else

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I cannot give the facebook thread as that would be giving out other peoples identity, however, I finally got the pics to work !

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Could it just have been kids playing with big fireworks?

Skip to 1:52. Was it like that?

edit on 12-10-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Hmm..very strange.. I msged my friend posted at CFB Gagetown and nothing out of the ordinary, No intense exercizes going on. They usually have exercizes often. I talked to OPS at work, and nothing they don't know about. So it is kinda strange, specially if it's coming from "downtown". I know they don't do any live exercizes without the publics knowledge.. It could be anything really, more or so it's probablly classified.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
In the States here, but in Aug we had a storm that woke everyone up across the area. What it started out as was brilliant flashes of light, but oddly the entire sky didn't light up, so at first it appeared as if we were being bombed to the south and then again to the north.

The lack of thunder or booming was freaky to say the least. Yes it flipped out all the animals, and us as well.
It took 2 hrs before you could finally hear some thunder. People south of me assumed we were being bombed, I assumed they and people to the north were getting bombed. I'm ex military and have seen live fire exercises before so altho I wasn't hearing anything, for at least an hr I was pretty convinced ''something'' was horribly wrong.

I just added this as the storms are indeed getting weirder and less predictable, altho I'm not discounting a meteor in your case. Thanks for starting the thread, S an F!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
People people...c'mon it was a freaking transformer...and I don't mean the electrical kind either

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

It was probably a meteorite hitting the upper athmosphere. That could account for the sonic boom. The greenish light reported by some could indicate the composition of the rock was patially copper and or barium.
As far as that car thing.. I'd check the alternator and charging system. just saying!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If you're curious...

I'd suggest getting a sample from the tree...discretely.

It could then be tested scientifically (again, discretely).

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I am in Fredericton which is roughly 40 kms away from Minto and I see strange stuff in the sky here all the time for which I have no explanation. Last year I reported on here a flashing light that was at 30 second intervals for several nights and oddly enough it was back again on this past Sunday night and only a few degrees off from where it was before. As for the sound and flash you speak of I did not see or hear it but with respect to the tree... the winds were very high the past few days. Enough to bring down a large oak tree behind my house. Last night the winds were not as severe was previous nights.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
When events like this happen to a small community and it's source is unclear, imaginations run wild.

But to give me opinion on what it might've been, a damaged transformer can produce a loud boom accompanied by a flash. It happened here at my business a few weeks back. It felt literally like an explosion. I can imagine lightning could have the same effect though.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

I'm gunna go with exploding transformers.. Could have been an overload along one of the grid lines that set off a number of them one after another.

When trannies go, they can light up the place for a long distance and the boom can also carry for a long ways, they can even shatter windows in nearby homes. It might also account for the guy hit by sparks if he was driving past one when it went off.

Other than that, I'd say a couple of jet fighters on a training run that brought them lower and closer to the town than normal and they hit their afterburners and shok you all around a bit.
edit on 10/12/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
War of the Worlds

A flare, spurting out from Mars - bright green, drawing a green mist behind it - a beautiful, but somehow disturbing sight.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Give NB Power a call and find out if a transformer blew ... www.nbpower.com... I dont see anything on the site about an outage but you never know.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have seen what I was later told was space junk re-entering when I was a child, Flash boom flash, then we saw a bright as blue fireball pierce the low clouds, but more recently roughly three weeks ago around 8:00 a.m. I heard a massive boom, strange thing was there was no echo and no noise from a jet post or prior to the sound, I live in an extremely hilly area and would expect to hear some sort of echo so I assumed the sound came from the sky, got me stumped what it was, we don't have blasting or shelling around here, there is some hunting but that definitely echo's if heard at all, I'm in the Yarra valley Victoria, any other locals on here hear anything around that time?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

edit on 14-10-2012 by DulceGuy because: .

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join