It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters: Turkish Border Town Evacuating Amid "Syrian Attack"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE, AND EXPECT MOTRE ESCALATIONS ON PRETEXTS SO FLIMSY AND CONTRADICTORY THEY BOGGLE THE SENSES.....WAR IS IMMINENT!
THESE ARE THE OPENING PROPAGANDA SCENES WHICH PRECEED SUCH THINGS!
YOU PEOPLE TALK LIKE ITS A MAYBE ON MAYBE OFF SCENARIO.....NOT SO...WAR IS HERE. NOW

Caplock is your friend in these confusing times brother

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Imagine if someone in high up in the Turkish government or military read the reuters link and acted on it-this misreporting could have lead to a massive war and loss of lives,all because some goon journolist hadn't got their facts straight.

The media need to be very careful I think-that is if this indeed was "misreported"and not something more sinister..

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Has anyone found any notice of Reuters retracting this statement?

At the very least Al-Jazeera should also take it down since it appears to be untrue.

I think there was a reason behind this false report (if it's actually false, which it appears to be)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

They should have corrected the error within 2 hours if indeed it was an error.
I cannot yet find any retraction/explanation,which is suspicious IMO.

We know the media can be used/involved with manipulations like this.
This is bad I think-the whole Iran agenda is being brought to our attention today as well on sky news,the whole area is on high alert.
Fingers are on triggers/buttons.

I hope for peace,but its looking very shaky at the moment folks.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I am quite concerned about how agresive NATO have got over the last 18 months towards other small nations, I use to support America & NATO but since NATO decided to put it's fingers up to the UN in 2011 I feel NATO should be attacked and hard, if that does not happen soon we will be took into WW3, like child who wont stop when told too NATO should be smacked, only a little, I am not saying all NATO should be nuked, god no, but Turkey should be anyway for rudeness and being a big bully to small children, sorry I mean small states.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
I am quite concerned about how agresive NATO have got over the last 18 months towards other small nations, I use to support America & NATO but since NATO decided to put it's fingers up to the UN in 2011 I feel NATO should be attacked and hard, if that does not happen soon we will be took into WW3, like child who wont stop when told too NATO should be smacked, only a little, I am not saying all NATO should be nuked, god no, but Turkey should be anyway for rudeness and being a big bully to small children, sorry I mean small states.

Let's kill human beings in great numbers and hope for the best , eh ?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Here is an update, it appears that another "attack" is under way. Whether or not it's true, who knows?

Turkey scrambled two fighter planes to the border with Syria today after a Syrian military helicopter bombed the Syrian border town of Azmarin, a Reuters witness said.

There has been intense fighting between rebels and Syrian government forces this week in Azmarin and neighbouring towns, an area strongly opposed to President Bashar al-Assad's rule.

Shells fired onto the town from surrounding hills sent thick plumes of smoke and dust rising into the air during fighting yesterday and a voice amplified through loudspeakers, audible from the village of Hacipasa in Turkey's Hatay province, called on rebel fighters to surrender, warning of an air assault.

www.independent.co.uk...

I am not confirming or denying this but just posting the news update.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join