It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Ridiculed For Using Food Stamps

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KoolerKing
reply to post by NavyDoc

Really? Why cant we do that with the politicians then. Im a taxpayer and demand that all politicians reduce payroll by 20%. As a taxpayer I demand the Federal Reserve be audited. As a taxpayer i demand that all people on food stamps can not by Ragu sauce but stinky knock off brand 3.

I agree, we need to vote these people out. We should not keep putting these people back into office.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the video and my awareness to Corporate Welfare!

There are people that abuse the system that give the others in need a bad rap.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by yadda333

Originally posted by seabag
Meh.....

***snipped***
edit on 11-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Hey everybody! One of the regulars was just left speechless!

This is truly a glorious day in our republic. This just goes to show all of the kiddies out there that if you work hard and be patient, one of these regulars will eventually inhale a great big foot that will hopefully become permanently lodged in their mouths.

Actually he self censored since the photo violates ats tc. which wasn't really worth responding to in the first place.

I think I would also pose the question to your colleague, Seabag, of why exactly that picture violates t&c--is there something offensive about it?

ETA: Be careful because you don't want to fall into a trap

edit on 10/11/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

This picture

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What does it have to do with a woman being ridiculed for using food stamps?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

This picture

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What does it have to do with a woman being ridiculed for using food stamps?

Interesting that you use the word ridicule. So, you disagree with your colleague that no inferences could be made from what the manager said--good to see that you've seen the light.

The picture was to prove an obvious point.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Third point: she is entitled to nothing. We, as a good-hearted nation, do not want to see anyone starve so we have elected to help people in need out, but it is an act of charity. She is not entitled to this charity.

When you pay taxes, your entitled to programs.
I pay taxes, this means the people of this country are entitled to protection (that I don't need), Roads (that I don't drive down), Schooling (That I no longer attend), Food, Clean Water, etc....

Just because I do not use a service currently doesn't mean I never will, never did, etc.
This is how society grows as a whole.
This woman may not be paying taxes currently, but I have no issue with my tax bucks going towards her having some food, few extras, especially considering her backstory, but more in general, I find the thought embarassing to have a country with people starving and desperate in the theoretical greatest country on earth (cough).

But anyhow, No, I do not see it as charity, I see it quite the opposite. I don't want the eyesore of homeless and hungry people cluttering the street..and if paying a bit extra in taxes removes the sight of the needy from my view, and makes the streets safer (don't want someone mugging me for burger money), then great. This is not charity, this is quite selfish, yet mutually beneficial.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Interesting that you use the word ridicule. So, you disagree with your colleague that no inferences could be made from what the manager said--good to see that you've seen the light.

Why?

Same words used by the op, and it is quite a shame for those who obviously missed the point.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by RealSpoke

some elitist republican manager

i love it when idiots just make crap up

Actually, as a former republican I think its safe to say that accusing that ##snipped## of being an elitist republican is one of the safer assumtions gracing ATS. Most ignorant out of touch people in america are.
edit on Thu Oct 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: 15b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums on the Websites, and will neither Post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

This is truly a glorious day in our republic. This just goes to show all of the kiddies out there that if you work hard and be patient, one of these regulars will eventually inhale a great big foot that will hopefully become permanently lodged in their mouths.

I self-censored so I wouldn't get posts pulled or derail the thread. Since you want to know what I wrote in reply to your nice picture….I asked if GB was showing me your IQ. I didn’t question your intelligence so there was no need for you to show off and flaunt it.

Look, the guy (the manager) never implied that the lady was lazy. Even if you think he did imply that…WHO CARES?? He’s entitled to his opinion, no? If he thinks people on food stamps are lazy then so what? Does that change anything?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Why do you assume freedom of speech is the right to insult or degrade others? For those who think freedom of speech the right to be rude i recomend you all go out in public and start saying the most hate filled rants you can come up with in public.. Act just like you are here on ats in total anonymity. Sure you have the right to freedom of speech.. Come back and send me a PM, let me know how it works for you.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
***snipped***

After your PM I must state that I misunderstood your post, Resurected.

People (that manager included) have a right to their opinions. If he did say that to the lady it was certainly RUDE....accurate...but rude.

<< 7  8  9   >>

join