It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: UK Iraq Expert Resigns over Handling of Iraq Threat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
One of Britain�s top experts on Iraq who helped develope the case for war has resigned over the governments handling of the alleged pre-war threats posed by Iraq. His resignation last month has only now emerged.

www.timesonline.co.uk
A SENIOR official who helped draw up Tony Blair�s dossier on weapons of mass destruction has quit in disgust over what he regards as the illegal war in Iraq.

Carne Ross, who was Britain�s Iraq expert at the United Nations before the war, said he has resigned in �total disillusionment� with the government�s behaviour over the conflict.

Ross, first secretary in Britain�s delegation to the United Nations, was responsible for negotiating policy and drawing up resolutions as Blair and George W Bush began to prepare the case for war. He was involved in the initial preparation of Blair�s dossier on weapons.

The resignation is likely to prompt new demands for Lord Goldsmith, the attorney-general, to reveal his advice to Blair over the legality of the conflict.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Mr Ross also told the Independent: "I had lost trust in a Government that I believe did not tell the whole truth about the alleged threat posed by Iraq before the war."

I hope it does produce new demands for Lord Goldsmith�s advice to be shown in full; it is after all the document Blair used to vouch for the wars legality even though its "serious qualifications" have never been revealed.

Related News Links:
news.independent.co.uk

[edit on 18-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well, for any doubters that Bush is conducting an illegal war in Iraq, this news just adds to more into the fray..... Hum, guess this Carne Ross didn't get a good oil deal from this Iraq War..... Interesting to see if more comes out...

new topics

join