It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE POWER GOES OUT - What should you do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Lets cover something very basic shall we...

THE POWER GOES OUT - What steps should you take right away?

For example lets say the whole city appeared blacked out in your area. So you maybe initially thought it was a regular black out. But how would you really know for sure. What steps should you immediately take say if you're at home?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Fire up the generator and plug in the refrigerator and freezer? Possibly draw some water and fill the tub and water storage containers? Check lanterns and candles for light....

How did I do?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

That is EXACTLY what I was going to say

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
On your non power dependant phone (always have a back up plug in direct to wall socket phone) ring the power company and find out , hopefully you won't get an Indian call centre that asks you which country you are calling from.

if its going to be a long blackout go down to the bottleshop.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Rob the gun shop, then find the closet restaurant that was open n horde their food, then head back home n use my generator n start on a moat...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Get out the guns. Nobody's getting into my pad. Fire up the generator and watch some revolution. Ill probably go pick up grandma first though.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Right way hmmm the first maybe 1 or 2 days i think people will think its just a black out., no power no information getting out to why there is no power. the 3rd day minor looting will happen by the 7th day chaos, By that time I would have boarded up my home set my defenses prepare my 4x4 for an emergency for a fast escape. Cap and cover my well, so i can come back for water if need be and that is if I have to leave. With 6months of food stored I think I am set, My defenses are strong, not tested yet, 1600miles of petrol stored

Most of all prepare to kill if needed.

Check list compete
edit on 10-10-2012 by Legion2024 because: 11:11

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Go outside and see if the car starts. If not I will assume EMP and head to the nearest grocery store and gather whatever I can before many more figure out what's going on. If the car does start then I go hook up the generator.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Go outside and see if the car starts. If not I will assume EMP and head to the nearest grocery store and gather whatever I can before many more figure out what's going on. If the car does start then I go hook up the generator.

Wouldn't an older car start after a EMP

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I'll prolly bounce of the walls looking for batteries or my lighter. Try opening the fridge because I know there's a light in there. Stupid stuff like that.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Find the flashlight and then light some candles. When that is done call WE energies.

I hope this helps out.........

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

That's what I've heard also but I'm not sure how old. I'm thinking anything without computer assistance would be fine.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Shut off all cellular devices to save battery. Run 100 feet up the block to the bodega before anyone else gets to it and buy some bags of ice for the freezer, candles, matches, an extra flashlight or two, water, and canned foods. I'd then clear out any junk in the freezer, only keeping the milk, meat, and fruits/veggies in there along with the bags of ice. Next, fill up any bottles we have lying around with some water. Make sure I have all necessities in one area for easy access when it gets dark, not forgetting a few aluminum bats, some knives, simply anything in the household that can be used as a weapon. I'll also make sure everyone is ready to leave with spare clothes and any items they might need, just in case..

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I will drink the beer in the fridge before it gets hot,
snack on some of the cold food before it goes bad.
Take the food that does go bad and store it, to offer to
mooches that plan on ripping me off.
Because it is easier to over power those unwanted friends, relatives and mooches,
if they have diarrhea.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Rudy2shoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Eat ice cream before it melts. I always keep oil lamps on hand also.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This post was just darn right mean,
will save, if ever needed,
never mind.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Rudy2shoes because: just darn right mean, will save, if ever needed, never mind.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rudy2shoes
This post was just darn right mean,
will save, if ever needed,
never mind.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Rudy2shoes because: just darn right mean, will save, if ever needed, never mind.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Eat all the grapes

and light a fire
edit on 11-10-2012 by DeliriumAquarium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

first thing is to fill up every container you can with water, (the water in the system is pumped with electricity)
secondly, food - and since the ATM's will not be working - you might want to bring the master key - Smith and Wesson. gasoline stations will be closed - unless they have back up generators - one or two per town is required to have them in case of emergency - you need to know which ones have them, and fill up as much as you can - they usually will limit you to like 10 gallons or less.
once your all set - go looting for the good stuff.... candles - firewood - *meat - the freezers will be down - so you want to visit the meat market for some free T-Bones ...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Just build a better mouse trap,
what does that person need/want, draw him in.
After he eats the cheese........

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join