It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Madness Has Taken Over ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You heard that right.

Why I state that?

Because thread after thread after thread is being made that attacks a conservative. This conservative said this, this conservative said that, OMFG he's crazy!

So on and so forth.

There is no balance to these threads. And there's just too many of them for one person to try to balance it out with something good and positive that a conservative has done. And it wouldn't really matter anyways because they will be shout down in some way by the political opponents.

Personally, i'm really tired of all this attacking other people. And i'm sure that if you did the research you'd find some congress critters and senators of all parties doing and saying just as stupid crap.

And I've done some searching, but my searching skills must be crap. Because whenever I do a search about crazy things liberals have said, I get websites about conservatives whining about how liberals insult them all to hell and back. And don't really find anything about that.

I think I'll try searching for good things conservatives have done, but I get the feeling that those threads will just be shouted them down with something bad that another conservative has said or done or just do what they can to dismiss it.

I thought ATS was about Denying Ignorance. I think, but am uncertain that most of the posters don't' fall for that divisiveness crap that is being done here, on ATS of all places. And because this is ATS, we should know when it is really just a trolling game by the politicians who are playing that divisiveness crap.

Still, I would like to see an end to all this political attacking this politicians and that politicians. Yes, I know it's an election year, but we can be mature people about it and just talk about the real issues, such as high gas prices and other issues.

So,ATS, if you'll work with me, we should work together to put an end to the partisan bickering and all the attack ads, whether it be aimed towards conservatives or liberals, Republicans or Democrats, or one party versus another. All it is is just a ploy by the powers that be. It's a distraction, so that the when the people are arguing they can sneak by the legislation they want to without scrutiny and get past the Constitution Of The United States of America. We should be posting positive things that our leaders have done, unless it is something illegal and truly corrupted. It should not be about petty bickering over petty differences.

Like it or not, many are falling for it, and we know better, or at least we should. We should just really ignore it and not acknowledge these attack threads. It's all about the election and getting rid of the politicians, that's all it is.

This is what is important. It is important to uphold these principles of freedom and individuality, and not just blindly attack each other because we have different political beliefs.

We are all mature and intelligent people, and we should not fall for the game. We should rise above it and let the world know we are not the powers playthings, and we will not play their games.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

You know, I follow politics and world events but I never pay attention to the nick names people use to label other groups of people who they don't seem to agree with.

I'm kind of like Stephen Colbert as he doesn't see the color of a persons skin I don't see the groups people are supposed to fit in. So when you complain about threads attacking these people, namely the group I suppose you belong too, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Also, this is a user generated site, so yeah.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I've pretty much abandoned the political threads here, because there is no hope of ending the Left/Right nonsense.

I really see no end in sight.

Personally, I have not noticed a trend from one side or the other here on ATS. I have noticed equally partisan attack threads. But then again, I stopped looking several months ago.

I have made a thread on this very topic, and have found several others. But your OP comes off as more of a conservative complaint than a neutral gripe against republican/democrat crap.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
So,ATS, if you'll work with me, we should work together to put an end to the partisan bickering and all the attack ads, whether it be aimed towards conservatives or liberals, Republicans or Democrats, or one party versus another. All it is is just a ploy by the powers that be. It's a distraction, so that the when the people are arguing they can sneak by the legislation they want to without scrutiny and get past the Constitution Of The United States of America. We should be posting positive things that our leaders have done, unless it is something illegal and truly corrupted. It should not be about petty bickering over petty differences.

We may not agree on everything, but you are 100% correct here. Unfortunately the mockers and mudslingers will get the most attention simply because they are controversial in nature. If everyone cared about facts and less about the propaganda, there would be no need to mock, scrutinize, or condescend. Of course this will probably never happen because as long TPTB stir up their Republican vs Democrat, conservative vs liberal, black vs white war there will never be a war of TRUTH VS IGNORANCE.
edit on 10/10/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

You do realize that Colbert is a democrat mocking republicans.

Right?......

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
1. It's an election thread so you have to expect all the political threads.
2. Posting the crazy things politicians say isn't attacking it's letting the people know of the state the politician represents just what kind of crazy person they are and if they should be holding office.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The problem is that the DNC has placed attack dogs on almost every website.
They use their mantra and talking points over and over.
I think they have distributed arguements used over and over by different posters.
Most of us don't have the time to counter their slurs with facts because most of us have other things to do to make a living than monitor websites and do Google searches all day.

Other than that, they simply call people names. I generally don't respond to them anymore.
I suggest others do the same, even to me.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Nite_wing because: I proofread.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I was very tempted to make a thread today talking about the new influx of "ATS is goin' down the drain! Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I thought the motto was Deny Ignorance!?"

But then I realized these threads have been popping up and dieing down since way before I registered, and realized that it is nothing more than people complaining for the sake of complaining.

I can't be too upset about that though, after all this is the rant forum.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

one could say rants have taken over ats too ..

I for one do enjoy people ranting and flying off the handle , guess it makes me feel better after a long day .

as for name calling well that does happen when people are discussing a subject they are passionate about everyone does it at some point in time

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

But your OP comes off as more of a conservative complaint than a neutral gripe against republican/democrat crap.

I'm neither conservative nor liberal. I have a mixed bag of political views, and I am an independent.

I have been conservative boards where there's a lot of attacking the liberals too.

People are just too caught up in the moment and justifying their personal interests, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I realize his entire show is political satire but that has to do with me how?
edit on 10-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Fair enough.

I'm just saying, that's what it came across as. I despise both parties, and I'm still hoping a meteor will crash into the next debate. Save us all some trouble.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Upon further review, I realize you did not reference any of Colbert's political views. You merely brought up his views on skin color. So I apologize for jumping the gun.

But I'm curious why you felt the need to reference skin color in a political thread.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I accept your apology and I think you missed another point but no worries.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Consider this: if it came across that way the majority of these attack threads are about conservatives, with the rest being abo9ut obama.

So it would only seem that way.

I hope things change and people realize that that's a;; they really are, is petty attack threads.

I truly was trying to be as neutral as I possibly could.

Ah well, one can dream.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hello EvilSadamClone,

Could this be the cause of what you're describing?

The Government Official who Called for "Infiltration" of ATS

Even though Cass Sunstein has either stepped down or temporarily stepped down, the office and mission of hussein soetoro's regulatory czar remains.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The baseless meme based attacks are much more fervent this election cycle than I can remember them being before. Making mountains out of molehills, sourcing blogs as "fact", Twitter feeds being sourced, etc. This is also the most divisive election cycle, IMO, in quite awhile ( Possibly since Carter V Reagan ). There has been a ton of misinformation and mudslinging.

IMO, this has three causes.

1)The permeation of media into our daily lives... where we used to just watch TV something like 3.8 hours per day, now the tube is always on and the Internet is fired up and running. We are literally assaulted by information most of the time we are awake - and increasingly, it seems, believing it upon the hearing ( reading ) without bothering to investigate or check for ourselves.

2) Social media is a new phenomenon that is being grossly abused by agendas. One can now buy a "Twitter following" army for about the price of a nice house, post a Tweet and then hire a SEO ( Search engine optimization ) company and send that single Tweet to the top of Google. From there? Blogs, threads, etc. source it and it gains false credibility.

3) People are fed up. In their frustration they are turning on each other. The poor are told that the rich are holding them down. The rich are told that the poor are dragging them down. The middle class is evaporating. And everyone is in "blame mode", survival instincts running full throttle - and on the attack for any perceived threat to their standards of living.

We are witnessing the schism of Democracy and of the Republic. And, honestly, I do not think there is any way of avoiding it.

~Heff

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/10/12 by Hefficide because: missed a word... an entire word!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

No, I've never heard of him nor have I seen that thread until just now.

No. It's about making a big deal about what some stupid thing a politician has said. Such as "I'm pro-life" then it becomes "OMG He's STUUUUUPIIIIIIIIID"

type stuff.

It's not that big of a deal. If you don't like what he believes or said something did, take note of it, don't support him and don't vote for him, and move on.

I want to hear well reasons disagreements backed up with facts, not knee jerk reactions. That's how I learn about things, I don't learn anything when all people are doing is sniping and bickering with each other.

top topics

join