It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart worker strikes go viral, hitting 28 stores in 12 states

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Everyone across this country needs to know by now that chinamart will crush any and all local businesses.

This is just not true. This is scapegoating by the company's competitor's. They will use any lie they can/.

What causes local business to go under is several things:

Local politics, personal conflicts with the local politicians, poor economies and high prices.

In my small town a guy couldn't put up a micro-brewery because he had a personality conflict with the mayor of this town for eight years before the mayor left office.

So really, that claim is a bunch of nonsense.

You have to be wary of where crap claims like these come from. When you investigate them, you'll see that they're often a whole lot of nonsense by people who want a cut of the money and are using any dirty trick they have at their disposal to get it.

That's what this whole crap is all about, getting the money. It's not about worker's rights. That's just a smokescreen.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by reverandrandy

Originally posted by abeverage
GOOD! I hope that behemoth collapses!

I do not shop at CHINAMARTnor do I buy food from MEXICOMART! And if you do you contribute to what is wrong with this country!

edit on 10-10-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

Everyone across this country needs to know by now that chinamart will crush any and all local businesses.

I honestly believe that the corporate giants have already enslaved a vast majority of our citizens by confining

their choices to just whats in the boundries of a super chinamart store. Our whole society has been over-taken

by these mega-corps.Every town accross America is the same. You drive down any boulavard in this country and you will see the same stores with the same products and all of it is inferior in quality and produced only to seperate you from your money. No pride, no good intention, none of the that.

Buy local, you can find everything you want somewhere besides chinamart, it just takes an effort to stay away

from them.
~rev

Agreed especially the part about inferior products and we all bought into it! Cheap is not better it is only cheap...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

This is just not true. This is scapegoating by the company's competitor's. They will use any lie they can/.

What causes local business to go under is several things:

Local politics, personal conflicts with the local politicians, poor economies and high prices.

In my small town a guy couldn't put up a micro-brewery because he had a personality conflict with the mayor of this town for eight years before the mayor left office.

So really, that claim is a bunch of nonsense.

You have to be wary of where crap claims like these come from. When you investigate them, you'll see that they're often a whole lot of nonsense by people who want a cut of the money and are using any dirty trick they have at their disposal to get it.

That's what this whole crap is all about, getting the money. It's not about worker's rights. That's just a smokescreen.

You are actually defending WAL(CHINA)MART? Interesting...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I worked for a company about ten years ago ( Not Walmart ) that came out with a "company culture" handbook that went so far as to tell employee's among other things to smile at each other when talking. Yeah it was cult like. Walmarts? I don't shop there anymore after a bad experience once and haven't missed it one bit.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Call me a shill, of course.

Everybody has a right to a defense.

Especially against stupid mindless bashing that has no real basis in actual fact and is nothing more than a knee-jerk response or is from competitors trying to get the money.

I'm against stupidity in all its forms, and mindless hate for no reason with no actual facts is just stupid.

Regardless of the source.

But I'm not blind that there are some individual wall mart stores that do stupid things like discriminate.

But i'm not going to put them all into one lump sum and make huge generalizations about them.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Yes.
This is the equivalent of janitors striking.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by abeverage

Call me a shill, of course.

Everybody has a right to a defense.

Especially against stupid mindless bashing that has no real basis in actual fact and is nothing more than a knee-jerk response or is from competitors trying to get the money.

I'm against stupidity in all its forms, and mindless hate for no reason with no actual facts is just stupid.

Regardless of the source.

But I'm not blind that there are some individual wall mart stores that do stupid things like discriminate.

But i'm not going to put them all into one lump sum and make huge generalizations about them.

Ok...if you like facts!
Wal-NoHart voted worst in customer service
Walmart has overly aggressive tacticts to push into ALL consumer niches
Walmart has some of the lowest wages for one of the largest and successful businesses along with some other Megacorp crappers
The Wal-Mart effect I love the bright side of this definition! The chain of stores can save consumers billions of dollars, but may also reduce wages and competition in an area.
Wal-Mart is China's biggest supporter with over 70% of its retail made in china!
Wal-Barf Food looks Good tastes Horrible!
Top 10 ways Wal-mart is destroying American Jobs!

Would you like me to continue or will you just refute these HUGE generalization facts about WAL(CHINA)MART?
edit on 11-10-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I've read many articles like them and i still can't agree with them.

it's not wrong to move your business overseas when you are being attacked at all ends because people want to take your money away any way they can.

Surveys and polls have major weaknesses to them and I don't take any stock to them.

Some of those articles use poor reasoning such as the one that goes on that because wall mart puts some smaller stores in some towns it must be aggressive tactics designed to put all other stores out of business. i want real evidence, not positive correlation.

Give me real evidence that Wall Mart is actually doing these things and it's not just competition.

The claims in those articles do not have any real evidence. I want to see some video evidence of the CEOs actually saying that this is what they're doing, and then I'll believe it.

Until then, all this really amounts to is nothing more than scapegoating.

Wall mart is not the evil corporations that its opponent makes it out to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join