It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"So I guess I'm in a cockroach eating contest tonight... wish me luck"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So who got the snake?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

So i ask the question ,Is stuffing your face with all sorts of crap just a normal everyday activity in the land of the free??

Yep, Sadly it is. lol :/

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
So who got the snake?

Its a reptilian conspiracy! there was no snake, they did not expect anyone to actually do it so they killed him. But srssly, what is this doing on ATS in the first place?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldSchoolMom
reply to post by 12voltz

I say it is all part of conditioning Americans to see eating bugs as an acceptable form of food since many of us won't be able to afford a loaf of bread in the future.

Maybe you don't travel much. Insects are on the menu in many parts of the world.

I've eaten bags of baked crickets and grasshoppers in Thailand. Kinda salty, but not bad. Worms are pretty much all protein.

Asian street food rules!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
My understanding is that they were specifically bred feeder roaches, which means they weren't just random bugs pulled from roach motels, poisonous, or in contact with any pesticide, ever.

Reports suggest that he may have swallowed a lot of them whole. They were alive, in his stomach. Roaches are omnivores, and keen diggers. The poor little fellers were probably looking for any way to get out of the guy's stomach, imagine the damage dozens of live cockroaches could do to your insides?

Just goes to show, always chew your food. Whether it's meat, veggies or live bugs, always chew your food.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnepropetrovsk

Originally posted by dayve
So who got the snake?

, what is this doing on ATS in the first place?

the only way to put an end to this nonsense ,is by not replying
If a thread appears in the forest and no one clicks on it , does it really exist?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
At least I know what is in a cockroach. McDonalds scares the hell out of me!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnepropetrovsk
reply to post by 12voltz

So i ask the question ,Is stuffing your face with all sorts of crap just a normal everyday activity in the land of the free??

eating bugs is actually the norm, the US,Canada and western Europe are the only places it is not widely accepted. You educated bro?

In my travels, I've had fried grasshoppers. They taste a little like Fritos, with a lot of salt on them. Also had chocolate covered ants...won't waste perfectly good chocolate...they got themselves into a sticky situation...I ate them.

Des

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Has there been a post-mortem on this guy yet? Interested to find out why he died. I thought perhaps in keeping his vomit down and (re)swallowing it he had somehow choked.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Possibly the worst thing fear factor did to a contestant was never even aired it was that offensive. I don't think I'm even allowed to describe it here.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

Well, the show did go on a hiatus for awhile. People were getting grossed out and there's a point where it can't outdo itself anymore.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Risk to humans
Cockroaches can pick up disease-causing bacteria[7] like Salmonella on their legs and later deposit them on foods and cause food poisoning". House dust containing cockroach feces and body parts can trigger allergic reactions and asthma in certain individuals.
source[8]

One of those explanations or a stomach(gastric) rupture.
Feeder roaches as mentioned, while bred for being that, are not safe from disease. Not all feeder animals are kept in proper conditions even in pet shops.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

"Here's how it works: Eat the most bugs in four minutes, win the ball morph. That's it. Oh yeah, any vomiting is an automatic DQ." The reptile shop later published a message expressing sadness about Mr Archbold's death, saying: "We just met him the night of our sale but all liked him very much. He was outgoing and was fun and got the crowd very worked up and excited. We are sorry we will not get to know him better."

After mocking our prophet , it is the second most foolish thing in recent day.

What is happening to the people ?

Is it too cold? Because it seems some minds are frozen.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

And this is the type of crap food that the elite wants us "useless eaters" to eat instead of real meat.
Soon beef will be a luxury item that only elite will be able to afford.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I heard on the radio this morning that they believe he was allergic to them.

And I thought they said the pet store was holding the snake "for his estate?" Meaning someone in his family could claim it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join