It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"So I guess I'm in a cockroach eating contest tonight... wish me luck"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A man has died after eating several dozen cockroaches and worms in a contest to win a snake

"So I guess I'm in a cockroach eating contest tonight... wish me luck
," he posted on October 5, hours before his death.
www.abc.net.au...
"

"Here's how it works: Eat the most bugs in four minutes, win the ball morph. That's it. Oh yeah, any vomiting is an automatic DQ." The reptile shop later published a message expressing sadness about Mr Archbold's death, saying: "We just met him the night of our sale but all liked him very much. He was outgoing and was fun and got the crowd very worked up and excited. We are sorry we will not get to know him better."

www.youtube.com...

So i ask the question ,Is stuffing your face with all sorts of crap just a normal everyday activity in the land of the free??
condolences to his family and friends

edit on 10-10-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I will not even click into that video, because I have to avoid anything with bugs in them. Can't do it.

However, why did he die? Are they poisonous? Was he allergic to them? Did they bite him inside? What happened to the man.

By the way, those shows are incredibly evil, and I forbid my kids from watching any form or extreme challenges. We're supposed to have tenderness, gentleness, sensitivity, for everyone and self.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You talk about the event that already happened , but in a cockroach eating contest tonight?????????
If so...Rots Of ruck!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

im guessing it was cockroaches that had recently can in to contact with a pesticide, or the coachroaches were a new breed that are poisonous they do reproduce alot.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

So i ask the question ,Is stuffing your face with all sorts of crap just a normal everyday activity in the land of the free??

That question has been "bugging" me too....

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I say it is all part of conditioning Americans to see eating bugs as an acceptable form of food since many of us won't be able to afford a loaf of bread in the future.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Absolutely not! It is so disgusting that it is used as a "repulsive" sort-of challenge on a few game shows, most cannot stomach the bugs and freak out at the site of them!

Not that it is anything to be ashamed of, though, there is no way I could do it.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Have you dined at McDonalds lately?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Land of the free? Have you discovered another habitable planet?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

There is just no fixing stupid in some people.
Guy eats a bunch of crap and dies..

Moral of the story?

Don't eat a bunch of crap!

edit on 10-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

No , Not until they make a back entrance and serve it in a brown paper bag, But i recently found a cocky in some hot chips i ordered from the local shop ,It was cooked in hot oil so that makes it ok, I think?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

eating bugs is actually the norm, the US,Canada and western Europe are the only places it is not widely accepted. You educated bro?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
da fudge did I just read!?

wow, That is an awful way to go down. I am guessing that the worm eating contest he went to beforehand had something to do with it. Worms, roaches, for a prize?.....just wow....

EDIT:
reply to post by Monger

thanks Monger.....wont sleep tonight....

edit on 10-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My understanding is that they were specifically bred feeder roaches, which means they weren't just random bugs pulled from roach motels, poisonous, or in contact with any pesticide, ever.

Reports suggest that he may have swallowed a lot of them whole. They were alive, in his stomach. Roaches are omnivores, and keen diggers. The poor little fellers were probably looking for any way to get out of the guy's stomach, imagine the damage dozens of live cockroaches could do to your insides?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnepropetrovsk
eating bugs is actually the norm, the US,Canada and western Europe are the only places it is not widely accepted. You educated bro?

Those segments on Fear Factor always creeped me out.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by 12voltz

You educated bro?

Not in the fine arts ,it seems

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What a sad story.

He only wanted to win a snake, but unfortunately bought the bullet!!

I have a taste for ants especially the red ones. They're quite hot!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I raise cockroaches and feed most of them to my chickens in the winter time when there are three feet of snow and no bugs. I won't watch the video either but I would eat one of my cockroaches if I HAD to. Of course I would pull the legs and wings off, roast or cook it somehow (deep fry preferable) and eat the soft body part. I KNOW what my roaches eat
They do it all the time in many countries and it is considered a delicacy. I sure as heck would make sure it's dead first.

edit on 10-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaeBabii

Those segments on Fear Factor always creeped me out.

That is the name of the show, FEAR FACTOR, totally banned in my house. They're committing crimes against humanity.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I would have to say the most disgusting thing I ever saw on a tv game show was contestants drinking up a blended rat. Fur and all, blended into a crunchy bloody mix. I stopped watching that show after that. It was called FEAR FACTOR.

Seriously? C'mon, that can't be good for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join