It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the music industry - how bad is it really?....actually really bad

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

I never said there wasn't a dark side. The music industry is full of dark sides, just no "Illuminati" with a industry wide agenda. In fact no "Illuminati" period, just capitalists ripping off musicians and fans.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

I never said there wasn't a dark side. The music industry is full of dark sides, just no "Illuminati" with a industry wide agenda. In fact no "Illuminati" period, just capitalists ripping off musicians and fans.
Again, you're dead wrong, bro. And it's not industrywide, it's certain genres of music, mainly rap, and pop.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Then prove it mate.

How do you come to the conclusion that it is "Illuminati", and not just industry execs pushing the artists in certain directions because they think it will sell more units?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Yeah, most people don't know about anarcho.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

then you have NWA....we know what happened to them...they took the N with the attitude out of N with attidude.
as Eazy E died from aids (apparent conspiracy)...ice cube became a disney movie star.

And what happened to Dr Dre? Is he Illuminati now ?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Then prove it mate.

How do you come to the conclusion that it is "Illuminati", and not just industry execs pushing the artists in certain directions because they think it will sell more units?
I don't have pics, or secret recordings, but I've seen and heard things FIRSTHAND, not something that I overheard, or someone told me. You can believe it or not, I don't care. I'm merely participating in the thread.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Now i'm fairly young compared to some of you in this thread but even i have noticed the change in music over, say, 15 years...

Obviously it is all driven by money these days, record label managers sign artists with half a talent and good looks and make them sing songs that will sell, with a tried and tested method (a catchy beat and boring lyrics that stick in your head but had no imagination involved, even between the five writers involved), obviously there are exceptions, I am by no means tarring every artist with the same brush....

The genres will change over time, as soon as hip hop has had it's way and all the money has been milked dry from it i'm sure they will move onto another genre (hopefully not my beloved trance).

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThorsBrother

Obviously it is all driven by money these days

It has always been about the money, you think the beatles came over to the US for free? When the teddy-boy look was popular they all dressed like that and then when being a hippy was cool they changed to sell more records. mainstream music has ALWAYS been about money.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Oh I get ya bro.

I think you have been listening to too much rap.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnepropetrovsk

Obviously it is all driven by money these days

It has always been about the money, you think the beatles came over to the US for free? When the teddy-boy look was popular they all dressed like that and then when being a hippy was cool they changed to sell more records. mainstream music has ALWAYS been about money.

Well obviously it has always been about money, but these days it is serious money, just a case of milking every coin from every fan. Pretty much everything mainstream these days is quickly made, quickly released and quickly bought, no time or effort goes into it. When was the last time a song lasted more than 5 minutes these days? That can't happen because of radio airplay and the short attention spans of alot pop lovers these days, plus, shorter tracks = more plays on air, because lets face it most radio stations play the same 20 tracks on repeat

I'm sure when McDonalds or Coca-Cola were first established they founders put alot of effort into it, now it is just a case of doing it as cheaply as possible with tried and tested methods.

Doesn't matter what s**t you produce, people will buy it, especially if others are
edit on 10/10/2012 by ThorsBrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Oh I get ya bro.

I think you have been listening to too much rap.
As a matter of fact BRO, my musical collection is quite diverse. Don't be so quick to stereotype. I like everything from The Stones to Miles Davis. You don't get me at all.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThorsBrother
Now i'm fairly young compared to some of you in this thread but even i have noticed the change in music over, say, 15 years...

The music industry has always had changes. It has to change to keep people buying their products.

The industry goes through periods of the execs being in charge, as it is now, and the musicians being in charge as in the start of rap, punk, etc. Those periods are short lived, as the execs soon figure out how to regain their control.
The execs are not interested in music, only selling product. If a record sells well, they'll release copy-cats of it until it stops selling well and something else takes over.

There doesn't have to be a secret society for there to be dark goings on. Capitalism does all that and more. Rich capitalists who own the industry are the "Illuminati".

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Music changed for me last week when I heard this:

FREEDOM RINGS \m/

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The music industry has always had changes. It has to change to keep people buying their products.

The industry goes through periods of the execs being in charge, as it is now, and the musicians being in charge as in the start of rap, punk, etc. Those periods are short lived, as the execs soon figure out how to regain their control.
The execs are not interested in music, only selling product. If a record sells well, they'll release copy-cats of it until it stops selling well and something else takes over.

There doesn't have to be a secret society for there to be dark goings on. Capitalism does all that and more. Rich capitalists who own the industry are the "Illuminati".

This is what i am worried about (really i think it has started already), with my section of the music industry becoming a little but more mainstream, it will ruin it, every DJ will emulate the same beat to earn money instead of trying something new...

At present i download quite a few free tracks from lots of DJs every week, that would all stop when the serious money got involved. When was the last time Gaga or Britney gave their music away for free?

The record label execs ruin music for an easy buck.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Certainly the music industry has been taken over, or at least hip-hop and pop, I don't know about other genres. Griff does a pretty good job showing some of the things in the hip-hop takeover. Some people say "oh it's just marketing", but why would someone like Jay-Z be marketing himself as a satanist? The guy is a half billionaire, owning companies, political connections etc. Reminds me of a lyric from Bizzle; "All Black album, how come 99 Problems is song #9, so the outcome upside down is three 6's, followed by a song called Lucifer, how did we miss it?" These days they are so obvious in their mocking of the population's ignorance it's shocking, especially when dealing with the top level stars.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Yep all the problems start when people start making money, or the potential to make a lot of money.

Many songs that start out original are changed, re-arranged, re-mixed, in order to be more similar to what is selling well.

A good example is the Beatles. Almost all the songs John wrote in the earlier days were far slower than the final recorded versions. Simply because fast songs sold better, and record companies only cares about selling records.

Peoples principles, morals, all go out the window when money starts being made. The bands that make it big are usually those most willing to do what they're told and give up all their artistic integrity. To put any faith in a mainstream artist to be honest is like trusting a politician. Good bands are a dime a dozen, the competition is fierce. If you don't do what the execs tell you they soon lose interest, and your project get's no support until it is finally dropped.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Could not agree more with what you say. I know little of the Beatles, although i love pretty much all music, their music has no appeal to me whatsoever but i can translate that to other artists, ect.

Most artists these days will do anything to get famous and be heard, even if it means changing the song entirely.

Good post mate!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
but why would someone like Jay-Z be marketing himself as a satanist?

Why wouldn't he?

It wouldn't be the first time, and it didn't do those other artists any harm.

Is this all Christian related or something? Naivety?

There is nothing real in these lyrics, no signs. It is all about marketing. Many people rely on the sale of Jay-Z's product, not just himself. And no matter how wealthy he is, if he is still under contract he has to produce what is required by that contract.

What better way to get people to buy your records than have them believe there will be more pieces of the "puzzle"? You have to learn how marketing works.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
but why would someone like Jay-Z be marketing himself as a satanist?

Why wouldn't he?

It wouldn't be the first time, and it didn't do those other artists any harm.

Is this all Christian related or something? Naivety?

There is nothing real in these lyrics, no signs. It is all about marketing. Many people rely on the sale of Jay-Z's product, not just himself. And no matter how wealthy he is, if he is still under contract he has to produce what is required by that contract.

What better way to get people to buy your records than have them believe there will be more pieces of the "puzzle"? You have to learn how marketing works.
It's not just marketing, it's much deeper than that. If you don't believe it, fine, your choice, but just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it untrue.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This is a subject I've studied quite a bit in recent years, and in the last couple months it has actually been a very heavy and extensive study.

I am certain there is something weird and sinister going on in the record industry and hollywood. I don't know if any one author/speaker has gotten it right yet, but I suspect some close.

I haven't looked at the ones you posted specifically, though I am, of course, familiar with Prof. Griff's work.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join