It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Does anyone else think it's a little strange that the slogan of this board is "Deny Ignorance", but you can ignore people who post things?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... A fact of online life.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Its a different kind of ignorance. Ignoring someone because you don't agree with their veiws, while being a tad pretentious, isn't the same as being ignorant of world topics, or other possible theories.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well that is a choice you have, trust me it comes handy ones in a while.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guinpi
Its a different kind of ignorance. Ignoring someone because you don't agree with their veiws, while being a tad pretentious, isn't the same as being ignorant of world topics, or other possible theories.

But once you ignore someone, you become unaware of their actions; and that's what ignorance is.

I'm not criticizing it. I'm just saying I find it rather ironic. Or something like that. Of course it's necessary to have it.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis But once you ignore someone, you become unaware of their actions; and that's what ignorance is.
Perhaps before you criticize the management style of the largest community of our type, you may want to research the reasons for the ignore feature -- a feature which as long been available to digital community members since dial-up BBS days. As indicated in the link I provided... it offers a means to ignore troublemakers. You are the one who chooses to use it, or not.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I told you, I'm not criticizing it. I'm just saying I find it kind of funny. I completely understand the necessity for it. I was only commenting that it's an odd situation.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
By saying it's odd, you really don't understand the need after all.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yeesh, talk about jumping down a guy's throat...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
Yeesh, talk about jumping down a guy's throat...

And you can't put SO on "Ignore" either... Just when it might of seemed to be a handy feature to you...

How ironic... or just funny?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
*chcukle*

I wouldn't have put him on ignore.

He isn't being rude.

And I appologize if I come off as rude...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
That's definitely funny haha not funny peculiar.

*chortle *

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Not jumping down any throats... just saying like it's seen. You'll find that most of the features of this board are in-place due to various needs expressed by community members. SIDE NOTE: You may also discover that new members suddenly engaging in "out of the blue" criticism without first learning about the community tends to fit a certain recognizable pattern that may cause many long-time staff members to take notice.

top topics

join