It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PM's anti-Abbott smackdown goes global

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
"Prime Minister Julia Gillard's spirited speech to parliament in which she called out Opposition Leader Tony Abbott's alleged sexist and misogynist views has become a global hit online."

Source: au.news.yahoo.com...

For years, this bloke has strutted around the parliament first as Howard's lackey then as opposition leader. When he needed votes to become opposition leader, he accepted the vote of Slipper, attended Slipper's wedding as a "friend" but after Slipper shamed himself, Abbott, a so called friend, changed his stripes. He accused the PM of supporting Slipper, deriding both Slipper AND the PM. I guess the saying about people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones has come home to roost. At last this (imo) insipid, negative, destructive misogynistic maggot was shown in his true colours. Nothing was nicer than to see this (imo) smirking, chest thumping hypocrite slink back in his chair trying to find somewhere to hide. What an awsome speech Ms Gillard. Well past time that this piece of garbage (again my opinion) was at last put in his place.

Suggest if possible you google or whatever this incident and enjoy the thumping that this respectful lady gives to this male budgie smuggling actor. Rhodes scholar, he definitely displays the character needed for that NOT!
Future PM he definitely shows the ability to build a country NOT! All he has displayed to date is a ruthless negativity. In the mean time, the present govt. has managed to pass 400+ pieces of legislation even in a razor edge parliament.
PS I won't be arguing, this is here to let others on both sides of the political fence vent. So save your typing on "where's the OP" I'm just going to sit back and watch what happens here. From nothing to whatever

Cheers

Steve
edit on 9/10/12 by steve1709 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So Australia has a fundamentalist Feminazi as a prime minister.
A bigot who attacks men solely based on them being men.
I have not a drop of respect for a woman who reeks of bigotry while accuses others of bigotry.

These is just political one upmanship, Gillard is doing what she accuses others of doing.

The Liberal party has a lot of women in their ranks and they dont seem to be complaining

Oh and just a quick edit, Gillard is so good as a PM she has rooted Australia over completely, she is an Obama stool pidgeon.
She is a constant liar, who suggested all wifes are nothing but free prostitutes
Her whole party are desperate to be taken seriously, this is all to disguise their constant policy failures
blogs.news.com.au...

I hope Assagne sues her for everything

edit on 9-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Not a fan of either really, but was great to see her finally stand up for herself and rip into Abbott.

Bring back K-Rudd!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I had a good laugh at Gillard's temper tantrum yesterday.

The cracks are getting bigger.

IMHO the whole sexist thing is a non-issue.

To say that the opposition is only attacking Gillard because she is female is a joke. The opposition would be having it out with whoever was the PM, regardless of sex.

I also find the whole Slipper affair to be a whole lot of nothing. He was a LIB who betrayed his party for selfish reasons. It was pretty obvious what the ALP were attempting on the day he accepted his nomination and he still allowed it to happen.

edit on 9/10/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm not her biggest fan, but in this case, good on her! Abbott would bring in a theocracy and elect himself god if he had the chance.

Still, I'd rather have Kevin Rudd back!

PTX

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Julia has picked up all his pebbels and tossed em back as one big rock lol lol cheers

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Warrior woman, kudos to her. I am proud to have her as my prime minister.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

watching speech now, lets see if its all its cracked up to be.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
To say that the opposition is only attacking Gillard because she is female is a joke. The opposition would be having it out with whoever was the PM, regardless of sex.

Agreed.

Though I also wouldn't put it above Tony Abbot to have a 'back-in-the-kitchen' policy. The person is positively riding the Catholic chariot into the sun set.

On an unrelated note: Ever seen the movie 'Alien vs. Predator'? They're making 'Alien vs. Predator 3' in Australia next election. The tag line is, 'whoever wins, we lose'.

Stupid stupid Australian political parties.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yep, I'd say she just won the election with that.
Watch the body language of Abbott, he knows that was a mortal strike to his standing.

And if what she was saying is true, the 'witch' sign and the comments about women in power, he really is in trouble now.

all over that was a election winning speech, not because it puts her in good light and shows her policies, but because it shows Abbott to be what we always assumed he was, a sexist, arrogant, uncharismatic man.

I cant stand Gillard, she really is a very bad choice for PM, Rudd was the best alternative SINCE Howard.

Abbott and Julia were on par, 50/50 for a long time, people liked Abbott because he WASN'T Julia, and people liked Julia because she wasn't Abbott, I feel this will tip the edge to her, because all female voters cant deny Abbott is a sexist pig.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Yep, I'd say she just won the election with that.
Watch the body language of Abbott, he knows that was a mortal strike to his standing.

And if what she was saying is true, the 'witch' sign and the comments about women in power, he really is in trouble now.

all over that was a election winning speech, not because it puts her in good light and shows her policies, but because it shows Abbott to be what we always assumed he was, a sexist, arrogant, uncharismatic man.

I cant stand Gillard, she really is a very bad choice for PM, Rudd was the best alternative SINCE Howard.

Abbott and Julia were on par, 50/50 for a long time, people liked Abbott because he WASN'T Julia, and people liked Julia because she wasn't Abbott, I feel this will tip the edge to her, because all female voters cant deny Abbott is a sexist pig.

Anything to take the pressure off her utter failure as a PM and her crap policy failures.
People see through the smoke screen of bitter petty bigotry and see how poorly run the country is. She is an Obama Green stooge who has had nothing but policy failure after policy failure based on LIES and incompetence. She is a useless failure who has only lies to justify her position.
This is nothing more that a deflection of her incompetence.

Nobody can deny Gillard is a political failure who has destroyed Australia. If Labor wants to win the next election they need a new leader or Rudd back, they need something other than the bitter winging PM they have now
edit on 9-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

No doubt, hey im on the anti gillard band wagon as much as the next person.
She lied, she isn't a good leader. This speech doesn't remove those facts, nor does it make her become a good leader.

But, Abbott is no better, he's just as dirty and deceitful as her... but this speech propels her above him, because it shows she has character and strength to front up. No doubt Abbott will reply with his usual smug appeal.

I hate to say it, I really do, but Gillard won this round and it was a very important round to win.

Does anyone really remember Slater and Gordon now?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's about time she gave back some of the crap he gives every time he opens his ugly mouth, he is a retard, she isn't much better
God help us if this is all we have left to Run or ruin this country
Abbot is the biggest lose the Libs have ever had, just watching him strut up to the Stand to speak he looks like a thug and should just shut up
We need someone like Rudd

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Just popping back to say thanks to both sides of politics who have commented here. As you may have picked up from my OP, I am NOT an Abbott fan. Heck, that two faced %^$^# even stated he "would do anything to become PM" Even Windsor was scathing of his antics over the infamous 17 days. And re the Gillard / Rudd debarcle. With me the jury is still out. I reckon there was a lot happening behind the scenes that hasn't come out yet. I DO believe that putting a has been rock star (if that word can be used) in charge of anything but doorman I believe was a terrible thing to do. But Gillard at least is consistent in her conviction to lift our education system out of the gutter. Maybe that could be attained if we went back to some of the old fashioned ways of teaching. Cause right now, our country IS really being dumbed down. Ruining the country, well each to his/her own opinion. 400 + bills passed tells me that the job of governing the country is still happening even with such a soul destroying opposition. If the libs get back in with phoney Tony at the helm, I am very concerned for welfare. Not the dole bludger type welfare, the elderly, the incapacitated type welfare. He will sleeze in legislation with no concern for colateral damage. Now, if Turnbull was leader, then I might even consider that a good thing. He is wise, level headed and respectful. And he is on the opposite side of the political divide as to where I most often sit.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
In no way had I doubted the speech patterns, body language, gaffs, inappropriate associations - appallingly bad timing for a grown, respectful christian...he has revealed himself in the most starkly honest way he ever could...

I am no 'fan' of politics in general, tending rather to observe personalities...

Abbott has basically 'outed' himself as a pretty bad excuse for a potential prime minister, and...(thanx to the interwebs) on a pretty huge stage...

I'd hazard a guess, that, people who were undecided about who to vote for (when the time comes) will need to rearrange thier 'gobs' (after it has been smacked) before they decide whether they want policies or a leader bereft of the ability to respect other people...

A99

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Lol Abbot

lol

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
oh jeez i really dont want to get angry. BUT...for all those cheering julia, you poor people were fooled. i am disgusted with both sides. i think their both a disgrace.

the o/p doesnt mention what was happening in parliament at the time of her "heroic" speech. a motion had been moved to sack the speaker peter slipper. she made this speech in her response to try and keep slipper from being outed. she was protecting the man who had texted "a female c*** looks like a muscle out of a shell".

so well done julia....you managed to deflect the attention away from the original debate and the story did not end up about your support for a man who has said the ugliest comments about women to a man whom you cannot quote one word he has said that is "anti women"

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
oh jeez i really dont want to get angry. BUT...for all those cheering julia, you poor people were fooled. i am disgusted with both sides. i think their both a disgrace.

the o/p doesnt mention what was happening in parliament at the time of her "heroic" speech. a motion had been moved to sack the speaker peter slipper. she made this speech in her response to try and keep slipper from being outed. she was protecting the man who had texted "a female c*** looks like a muscle out of a shell".

so well done julia....you managed to deflect the attention away from the original debate and the story did not end up about your support for a man who has said the ugliest comments about women to a man whom you cannot quote one word he has said that is "anti women"

I am also 'disgusted' with both sides...motion to sack Slipper aside...

It was the hieght of nastiness and inconsiderateness (if not outright gall) on the part of Abbott, to use a phrase (that has recieved its fair share of attention from that other prominent mysoginist, Jones) in the way that it was used...

Abbott is either stupid, absent minded, nasty, unchristian (despite his averred religion) or all four...

Any lame-a**ed excuses by apologists, in relation to the phrase used, are just that...excuses...

As I posted previously, this has revealed Abbott for what he really is...a mysoginist, bully-boy...hardly prime minister material...

A99

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

I think your a bit over the top with your descriptions of abbot mate. Nothing wrong with not having a high opinion of him but no need to resort to such subhuman terms. I hope the way you describe him does not indicate that your pro gillard because thats a little silly too.

Neither of these people care much about the rest of us. Both of them are relegating us to tax donting spectators of government decision making that in line with an agenda that remains the same rof which faction of the government is in power.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by learnatic
reply to post by steve1709

I think your a bit over the top with your descriptions of abbot mate. Nothing wrong with not having a high opinion of him but no need to resort to such subhuman terms. I hope the way you describe him does not indicate that your pro gillard because thats a little silly too.

Neither of these people care much about the rest of us. Both of them are relegating us to tax donting spectators of government decision making that in line with an agenda that remains the same rof which faction of the government is in power.

OK let's check out my description:

For years, this bloke has strutted around the parliament,
Abbott, a so called friend, changed his stripes.
I guess the saying about people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones has come home to roost.
insipid,
negative,
destructive
misogynistic
maggot (my colloquial expression describing a person that searches out and feeds on whatever dead and useless sources are around. And by that I mean the meat of the arguments NOT the people)
has shown his true colours
smirking,
chest thumping hypocrite
slink back in his chair trying to find somewhere to hide.
piece of garbage (my impression of anybody that would sink to the lows that I believe this individual has).
male budgie smuggling (term given to someone who wears speedos)
actor.
Rhodes scholar, he definitely displays the character needed for that NOT!
Future PM he definitely shows the ability to build a country NOT!
All he has displayed to date is a ruthless negativity

I said I won't be arguing but this was just too good to pass up.
To me this isn't arguing, I'm just checking "my opinion" to see if "I really believe" my impression of this individual still stands. Yep, it does

Cheers

Steve

top topics

<<   2 >>

join