It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmen shoot 14-year-old girl who spoke out against the Taliban

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

PS: The conspiracy theorist in me does wonder why they don't do this with all kids injured over there.....maybe other kids are not such prized icons to use as brownie points for our government?

Afraid to say but the natural cynic in me tends to agree with you here.

I'd be amazed if Cameron, or indeed any modern politician given the opportunity, doesn't attempt to use this as some sort of PR exercise to further his personal profile on the world stage and for political gain in general.

Obviously there is a cost consideration but do we hold a moral responsibility to care for those who are caught up in the conflict between 'ourselves' and The Taliban?

Apparently the Pakistan government has stated that they will cover all costs incurred - I just wonder if they would have been so generous if the victim was from a lower social class than Malala?
But I guess that is another discussion?

None of this detracts from my disgust and dislike for The Taliban and my belief that 'we' must oppose them however and whenever 'we' can.

Maybe that sounds bad thinking like that,

I don't think so - perhaps the shallow will see it like that but I'm sure no reasonalble, critical thinking individual will.

edit on 15/10/12 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

It isn't done that often, but it is also not an isolated occurrence either. There have been quite a few cases of locals being flown to the UK for treatment (both adults and children) when injured either by Western or insurgent forces...

In fact, the UK is often quite quick to offer up's its medical facilities to people the world over, either victims of terrorism or natural disasters.

Of course, there are political bonus points available for doing so, but who cares if someone's life is saved?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
She's in Birmingham now.

She'll feel right at home if she walks outside the hospital.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Just a tad racist.

Brum has a very diverse population, of whom only a fraction are Pakistani. In fact, the city is still 2/3rds White according to the latest ethnic statistics, but lets not let facts get in the way of a bigoted jibe, hey?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by khimbar

Just a tad racist.

Brum has a very diverse population, of whom only a fraction are Pakistani. In fact, the city is still 2/3rds White according to the latest ethnic statistics, but lets not let facts get in the way of a bigoted jibe, hey?

I used to live there. I speak from experience.

And how was it racist exactly? It was a statement of truth.

edit on 15-10-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

It's not the truth though, is it?

I work there quite a lot and the population is very mixed. Granted, go to somewhere like Small heath and you might as well learn a new language, but other area's are completely different. Fact remains, 60+% of the population describes themselves as "White British"..

What you're doing is using your own experience, probably of a very finite geographical area, and applying that across the whole metropolitan area, which is wrong. If I did that, I'd think Reading was mainly Polish, which isn't true, but where I lived there a lot of Poles.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

reply to post by khimbar

What you're doing is using your own experience, probably of a very finite geographical area

The area in this case being the city centre.

The rest of your statement is illogical, all geographical areas are by definition finite unless you're including the universe in the definition.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

She's in Birmingham now.

She'll feel right at home if she walks outside the hospital.

How is that comment relevant in anyway shape or form?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The current rumor going around is that the Taliban are US assets utilized to propogate the "divide" in our "divide and conquer" strategy.

There is a TON of money to be made by a nation that is able to quietly foment war that they then go in and fight.

Not sure how it is in reality....but I cannot make a reasonable argument against the Taliban being on our payroll, being paid to do the things they do to keep stability low and psychological stress high.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You make some valid points.

Whilst I don't doubt The Taliban received some funding from elements within the USA, and possibly the UK, in it's earliest days I very much doubt they are actively funded or supported now - especially after 9/11.

I have no definative proof - just gut feeling based on the evidence available - but I don't discount the possibility that I'm wrong.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You make some valid points.

Whilst I don't doubt The Taliban received some funding from elements within the USA, and possibly the UK, in it's earliest days I very much doubt they are actively funded or supported now - especially after 9/11.

I have no definative proof - just gut feeling based on the evidence available - but I don't discount the possibility that I'm wrong.

Yeah, i don't really know. It seems to me that "The Taliban" is just a synonym for Al Qaeda.

To be honest, I think that a lot of it is just made up BS. All the "terror groups" we hear about are most often just rag tag gangs. The "terrorist" is the disaffected youth gangster of the Middle East.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Sad that grown men would feel threatened by a young girl. She proved herself stronger.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

reply to post by khimbar

What you're doing is using your own experience, probably of a very finite geographical area

The area in this case being the city centre.

The rest of your statement is illogical, all geographical areas are by definition finite unless you're including the universe in the definition.

You are being deliberately stupid while attempting to be clever.

In fact, you even admit to using a very finite (the quantifying bit being very) area to base you opinions on and then proceed to focus solely on the word finite whilst not looking at the whole sentence

Of course all area's of geography are finite, hence why I said "very", ie: limited/small, to indicate that you are basing your opinion on a small area. Birmingham is huge, 2nd largest city in the UK and you're basing you opinion on the City centre, which is largely commercial anyway? No matter how you squirm, the fact remains that well over 60% of the people who live in the City are White British.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Let's pick the most absurd thing we could possibly do and do that as a statement.

I want to know who made a 14 year old girl a spokesperson against the Taliban.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

She did.

Not read the OP then?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

She did.

Not read the OP then?

It's interesting that you asked me this because the true reason I wanted to know is because the link wouldn't load.

Now that you've given me the answer, I believe it even less.

However, that could have easily been interpreted as if I simply didn't believe this story... you wouldn't be forgetting that this is a conspiracy website and that people question content around here like it's going out of style. Way close look at my actions there because why would you even be concerned about it? What I said is still fully applicable, yet it's almost like you were looking for someone having a stalled link.

Here we have this observation of yours and yes, buddy your absolutely right... that one couldn't be accessed. Tried... as always, noted and remembered. Oddly.

VERY INTERESTING CONVERSATION.

I still think this is absurd and I still want to know who facilitated her making HERSELF famous for this because if 14 year olds made themselves famous then every 14 year old would be famous.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

In fact, you even admit to using a very finite (the quantifying bit being very) area to base you opinions on and then proceed to focus solely on the word finite whilst not looking at the whole sentence.

Oh now things are 'very finite'. Strange. I thought things were finite or not, I didn't realise there were various levels of it. I naively assumed it was a binary state, but apparently I was wrong.

Of course all area's of geography are finite, hence why I said "very", ie: limited/small, to indicate that you are basing your opinion on a small area. Birmingham is huge, 2nd largest city in the UK and you're basing you opinion on the City centre, which is largely commercial anyway? No matter how you squirm, the fact remains that well over 60% of the people who live in the City are White British.

I lived in Birmingham for over 20 years. I've seen all parts of it. I escaped and I stand by my original statement.

I don't remember squirming at all, but a nice try.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

She wrote a blog on the rights of girls/women, their access to education etc and the Taliban took offence to it and decided to off her. All they have done, however, is make her an international lightning rod and, possibly, a martyr.

Ironic, really, as they seem to love martyrdom.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Going wildly off topic here, but of course there are varying levels.

By definition, something that is finite has a limit, ergo, if you say something is confined to a "very finite area", in common parlance most people would understand that as a very specific locale. I suspect, however, you know this and are just being somewhat difficult.

It is grammatically correct and has been used by various famous persons, such as Bill Gates, to describe something that is very limited, as that is what finite means - to have a limit, therefore if something is very finite, it is very limited.

Can't believe I just had to do that......

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
wow, perhaps she was the only person that day blogging about such issues.

no wonder of all people they picked her to make a targeted kill so simply as if this is a worthwhile target in their plight. A kill more for obvious negative attention then even so much as acquisition of a real goal, the pursuit of a true obstacle as a target.

but no, let's concentrate on the school girl.

Having said all that, who is the last nasty type of person to kill school girls here in the states,,, oh that doesn't happen,,, oh no, wait... it does! Somebody should totally come bomb us and tell us how to be, occupy our lands and kill a whole lot of other school girls in the process to put a complete stop to that mess... because we seem to have all kinds of stuff like that happening.

Oh, but those are different reasons.

huh, what? That makes it a little less like murder then?

No matter how far this goes, it's still gonna stink.
edit on 16-10-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join