It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Supersonic Skydive Live: Video of Felix Baumgartner

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Our 10/10 launch of the Red Bull Stratos capsule had to be stopped at 11:42 a.m. local time in Roswell, New Mexico just before Felix Baumgartner's giant 30 million cubic foot balloon had been fully inflated and made ready for take off. From early morning the team postponed the launch due to strong winds at 700 feet - the balloon's top - waiting for the right weather window to open. The launch was scheduled for 11:40 a.m., the balloon inflation had begun, and then gusty winds picked up and made a launch impossible. *The next weather window for Felix Baumgartner and Red Bull Stratos opens on Sunday Oct 14 - a three day pre-alert as well as daily weather updates will follow and lead into the next launch day.

www.redbullstratos.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
SuperSonicHuman, is it happening today ?

youtube

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm watching. This is cool. Way better than most things on TV.

I heard the feed is delayed 20 seconds in case of a problem,

This guy is cool. Crazy, but cool. I wonder if he breaks the sound barrier he will produce a sonic boom?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Only a few moments until his jump, getting kinda nervous

Btw, there is a one minute delay on that youtube channel.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
That was very cool. But now what's next for him?
I would think he has some other stuff he wants to do.

Cool.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I bet this is it for his records because i'm pretty sure during his decent i heard him say that he almost passed out. You could hear him hyperventilating in the first part.
Also the record holder of the longest (time)decent is still the record holder.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What rational human being would do something like that. The risk involved is too great to do this. I suppose we live in a country that promotes unreasonable risk for the sake of profit and pride, so this is not unusual. I'd rather go sit by a lake and soak some worms.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Dont forget to wear your bubble wrap suit then cause it can be dangerous sitting near water fishing with a sharp hook doing nothing to further our scientific understanding and better safety procedures for future space travellers.

Dont drown.

Felix and Joe Kittinger and the team to me are heroes who have contributed a huge amount of space related research to benefit all of us globally.
edit on 15-10-2012 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
What rational human being would do something like that. The risk involved is too great to do this. I suppose we live in a country that promotes unreasonable risk for the sake of profit and pride, so this is not unusual...

Our species would of died out long ago without that element of risk-taking. Its a part of our make-up as a species.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xXSvenXx

I built houses for a living. Necessary or allowable risk are not something I am concerned about. If something has to be done I will do it, even if it is dangerous. I would run into a burning house to save my grandchildren or children but I would never jump out of a plane and take a chance like that just to break a record.

I wouldn't try to swim to Cuba with all those stinging jellyfish either. If I had to swim that far because a boat capsized, I guess I'd try. There has to be something wrong with people to think these things are normal just to gain a little attention. There has to be something wrong with the people that think this kind of stuff is normal also. I guess all the dope the government is putting into our diets is working

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Necessary risk is a little different than what this guy did.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It wasn't JUST to break records ffs I wish people would do a little research.
www.redbullstratos.com...

SCIENTIFIC CONTRIBUTION FOCUS Red Bull Stratos aims to provide information that will further the progression of aerospace safety. The key benefits for the science community are as follows: - To aid development of a new generation of space suits - including enhanced mobility and visual clarity - and other systems to lead toward passenger/crew exit from space. - To aid development of protocols for exposure to high altitude/high acceleration. - To aid exploration of the effects on the human body of supersonic acceleration and deceleration, including development of the latest innovations in parachute systems.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

Wow.

What a great achievement for mankind.

It's exactly what we needed to make this world a better place... Not.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This came up on my FB page today.

i86.photobucket.com...

I gave up on trying to post pics, so feel free if you know how.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join