It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Paranormal Investigation, and the Evidence I Captured!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hello ATS! I’ve been a long time Observer of the site and just recently signed up, iv been racing to reach the minimum amount of posts to create my own thread in order to bring you guys a event that I am still unable to wrap my mind around. Let me start off by assuring all of you that everything to follow is 100% legitimate. I swear to god/ my mother’s life / on the holy bible/ (insert assuring words here) that I have in NO way edited or altered the photos I am sharing with you (outside of Brightness and Contrast).
A little bit about me. I have been fascinated by the paranormal sense a young child, I have already participated in countless paranormal investigations but unfortunately most of them are subject to trespassing in abandon building and wondering around graveyards at this point. During the period of the investigation I am about to share with you, I was currently leaving near Orlando FL. I have sense moved north to near Boston and unable to continue my research on this particular location. Never in my past investigations have I ever come away with such a amazing single piece of evidence. I have been sitting on this story for 28 months; I have only shared the photos with a handful of personal friends.
In June 2010 while at my daytime job in Orlando, a coworker told me about a place called Splendid China. Splendid china is a abandon theme park in Orlando Fl that closed in 2003. She told me a story about a trip she took there with some friends, she experienced things mostly like voices and shadows, but it was enough to make me want to check it would for myself.

On June 19th 2010 Saturday, my coworker, my best friend, and myself headed out to Splendid China. We parked about a half mile away in a Sub-Division nearby, walked along the road and once the coast was clear we jumped the gate. We wondered around the park for about 3 hours. My friend brought with him his Canon 24 Megapixel camera (I think that’s the MP). I had him take pictures of EVERYTHING in every direction; we ended up with 280 photos from the night. We also had a Sony night shot camcorder and a voice recorder. The camcorder ran the entire time but did not yield anything interesting, the voice recorder also did not turn up anything worthwhile. I spent over 30 hours going though everything from that night. The camera yielded two interesting pictures that showed something like something like white mist in shame of a distorted person. But then there was one other photo that made care less about all the others. I have some ideas, but honesty don’t know what I am looking at here, it is absolutely mind boggling. I do not have any good photo editing software, all I used to put these together was Microsoft Office Picture Editor and Paint to crop the images.
First let me show you the original photo after brightening it a little bit.

What you are looking at here is a manmade cave. A rock face with an entrance on the left and another on the right out of frame. The entrance on the left is where we are looking, that should just be a empty hole. But there is something there…some kind of face…
This next picture is a zoomed in cropped img. I left the edges of the cave entrance in for perspective.

Same image but slightly zoomed in more. And brightness/ contrast enhanced a little more.

This is absolutely incredible, this is not what I expected to find. I have never seen a face that looks like this anywhere before. To me it appears to be a face with pointy ears, a sharp mouth/chin, And HUGE Black Eyes. Im not sure what to make of the brighter spot on the top of the head, its almost like a fluff ball or something. It almost appears to have a very evil grin, I can even make out the nostrils.
This is a cropped image all the way zoomed in on the face.

Okay, so there no way I could say this is something real unless I did some debunking research on this. Splendid China is of course a place that is heavy broken into by teenagers, mostly skateboarders, there is a lot of videos on YouTube of kids skateboarding around the park and smashing random things throughout the park (punks). For that reason there is TONS of graffiti everywhere in the park, this was my first thought of what it could be. Also this is a Chinese Themed theme park so there is different kinds of statues around, this is also a possibility, this face seemed to good to be true. So there was only one solution, I had to go back!
On June 22 2010, Tuesday. I returned to the park with the same two people and one extra friend. We headed straight back to the cave. To my surprise there was no graffiti or statues. I will show you the photos that are corresponding in distance, then as well some close up ones of the cave entrance itself. ADVISED, my friend with the camera did not want to return to the park so I had to do some slight blackmail=P but for this reason he did not care as much about the photos, they are not as good angled as I would like them to be, and not in perfect focus, but they still show my point.
Again the photos have been brightened.

Zoomed in and cropped

The next two photos are closer up on the entrance

So if it’s not something naturally explainable and truly is paranormal, what is it. Obviously this is not a normal ghost photo. It’s not a human face. I have done some research into the area, unfortunately the internet does not have much to provide on the exact geographical history, as far as I can find. But it is known that much of Florida used to be Native American territory. Before I made my first trip to the location, two separate individuals told me that they heard that during the construction of the park, there were dozens of Indian graves unearthed that was relocated nearby outside of the park. I have sense been unable to find anything online to back this up, but it is certainly not unheard of in central fl. Even during the construction of a underground pool at my old house in Orlando, two unmarked native American graves were found. So with this said, could this be something Indian related? One person said that it reminds them of a ceremonial mask.
SO THERE WE GO! That’s all I can think of to share with you guys! Feel free to ask me absolutely any questions about this, I happily share all that I know. The biggest reason I am sharing this with the great people of ATS is because I would like to know more about what I caught here. If anyone that has access to better photo editing software then I will happily share the completely unedited photo, although it is 9MB in size, if you Private message me I will gladly email you the photo. As well I look forward to hearing if anyone can dig up some good history on this location.

P.S. I am very disappointed on how these photos turned out on here, i had to edit them down inside to fit under 500KB. I think i could of done a better job.

P.S.S. I don't know if its related, it was probably just my mind playing tricks on me. But in the coming weeks after i discovered the photo, while laying in bed in a dark room, i could swear i could see the face in the corner of the room starring at me, when i closed my eyes i could make it out, and a few times it appeared in my dreams. it was probably just because i spent so much time talking about and obsessing over the photo.
edit on 8-10-2012 by OpenSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Those look like my back yard digital photos.

Dodge and Burn type unmasking.

Plasma entity. In reality there is one large bluish plamsa et face, but there is also others, I focus on one with the dodge burn. True of all of them.

Negative Obi Wan looking old man!

There is alot in this pic if you use burn/dodge.

And I get lots and lots of orbs, even after cleaning the lense.

Not the best of my orb pics, but the only one I uploaded so its handy.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
im sorry i usually give the benefit of the doubt to evidence posters, but i can say i dont think that is evidence of what u say it is. i am curious why did this place get shut down

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

It simply went out of business. its within 30 min of Disney World. People would much rather go there then Splendid China, it did not have any rides or anything. Iv spoken to people that went there when it was open. Never heard anything good about it.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenSource

Very interesting.
Thank you for sharing. It's a creepy face. Look's alieny. We still can't know for sure what it is, but I see it and it's a face.
Nice work going there and all that, must've been a creepy trip heheh.
Keep it coming mate

S&F

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I agree with Doc on this one. It's hard to accept this as evidence because anyone can interpret vague sensory input such as this to believe what they want. It's the same as picking words and messages out of songs in reverse. I say you are seeing what you want to see.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Very interesting.
Thank you for sharing. It's a creepy face. Look's alieny. We still can't know for sure what it is, but I see it and it's a face.
Nice work going there and all that, must've been a creepy trip heheh.
Keep it coming mate

S&F

After that first trip, i became infatuated with the location. Within the next year i went back to the place probably a dozen times, i could never get the same people to go more then twice, the place freaked them out. Different things would happen every time, but nothing as astounding as the first trip. Thanks for commenting!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

I say you are seeing what you want to see.

You're correct there, and that's why there's no way to determin what it is, one way or the other, but I see a face.
The OP is a paranormal investigator, this is a paranormal thread, so I'm going to lean on the side of it being paranormal.
But that's what I want to believe of course

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
I agree with Doc on this one. It's hard to accept this as evidence because anyone can interpret vague sensory input such as this to believe what they want. It's the same as picking words and messages out of songs in reverse. I say you are seeing what you want to see.

Completely understandable. This is one of the reasons i brought this to ATS, to a new set of eyes.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

i went back to the place probably a dozen times

Then you must've seen or heard something else there?
I took a photo one Halloween and I got a face as well, an alien looking face.
I've never posted it though.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

It's definitely interesting, thanks for sharing. Personally if they were my own pictures I wouldn't have noticed anything. In my experience it's usually only until someone mentions that a face is there that your brain programs itself to look for one. I'm not denying that the paranormal things happen, but in this case it's probably one of those "had to be there" kind of things.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

i went back to the place probably a dozen times

Then you must've seen or heard something else there?
I took a photo one Halloween and I got a face as well, an alien looking face.
I've never posted it though.

I did have many personal experiences there. We would see lots of shadows every trip, but shadows is not something i would put my reputation on. but i can say it could not be caused by our flashlights or anything because we would not use any for the fact we where trespassing and it known that there is often a security guard that drives around on a golf cart. And the park it self has no power.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I always appreciate these types of threads but honey for the life of me I just cant see what got you so excited? I do see light on the left tunnel and in your pictures yet see no defined face. Perhaps energy but no face.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Thanks for making the effort to post your materiel, it is nice to see someone posting their own genuine photos for the community to peruse.
I can see the image you see within the cave picture, spirit guardians, thought form entities placed by intense acts of will and mental effort have been used since time immemorial to protect sites that have meaning to people, and further back in time, im sure the earlier civilisations would have put mental effort into wanting to protect their own sites of interest.

I do not disbelieve ANYTHING related to the paranormal, i fully feel and believe ANYTHING is possible, especially as i cannot shake the feeling that from the point of view that the universe being a massively and potentially infinite number cruncher, that is possibly but one of an infinite number of universes, containing unimaginable numbers of planets and lifeforms, will produce everything possible, surely that process contains stuff we would deem, "Impossible".

This Universe may be different to the next universe by as little as this planet having an extra rock and everything else is exactly the same, a number cruncher will eventually hit upon every single permutation available with the currently available informational state within it, add to this something as slippery as consciousness and its inate ability to experience things from the point of an observer, you have a recipe from which absolutely everything that can be experienced, will be experienced, and, everything that can be made by either purely natural means, or, by accident, or, acts of will, sometimes from the product of those things together, in the crunching of time under the boots of natural and what we regard as "un-natural" events (because of our limited understanding), everything will cross the plane of existence at least once.

I personally think your photo shows a quirk of light, but as i have said, i do not fully rule out it being something out of the ordinary completely, it just as easily could be something we don't normally see or perceive on a daily basis.

A few days ago, i had something odd happen to me, as i touched a door handle, the key that was in the lock was launched from the keyhole and landed around four feet away, the lock does not contain any springs that could in anyway fire a key from its seated position, this is an old lock, not a modern tumbler type lock.
I do believe in spirit and soul, i hope one day to be able to bring some evidence myself for others to share.

If that photo does contain an apparition of a spirit, that looks like one very very nasty doggy.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X

Thanks for the reply, I enjoyed reading it. I have had many headaches while pondering the same ideas.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Wow cool!
You are lucky to go and do investigations like that! I always wanted to try that myself!

I see what you mean about something in the cave. I see a face there, but it could be something else too, but it does look like a triangle face (triangle pointing down) and almost like a 3rd eye in the center of its forehead.
Just guessing.

Very cool!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Uh...

the fact that the "face" didn't appear in the photos the second time you went, with the photograph taken from a different angle, doesn't suggest the paranormal, that suggests the incredibly normal, light reflecting off something in the cave when you use flash photography.

I'm afraid this is a case of pareidolia, nothing more.
edit on 8-10-2012 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

I love that word....pareidolia....

Such an interesting subject!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I can see the face in one of his pics and I'm not up to it today, but would need to sharpen a pencil and do an overlay or an independent drawing and scan it in. Also for mine. It takes face recognition I gather from the posts, but leaps right out at me. Even the eyes. kind of reptilian. The face I saw in the Op reminded me of this one in my photos.

A clue to seeing the shape of the head, which is kind of reptilian is to look for the eyes.
edit on 8-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by antar

I can see the face in one of his pics and I'm not up to it today, but would need to sharpen a pencil and do an overlay or an independent drawing and scan it in.

I had the same idea, but i am a absolutely horrible drawer. If you could do that tomorrow that would be fantastic, and a great addition to my Splendid China file.

And i do see the face in your pics, took me a few min to make them out. certainly creepy, And in your own back yard!
edit on 8-10-2012 by OpenSource because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join