It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding Out Who Speaks For You, A Lesson In Political Madness.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ok so I never really come in here and due to this being a political season and all I thought it would be interesting to go outside the box. So here it is.

Right now all the lights are on the big guns, Romney and Obama, but what do we really know about politics? Do you know who represents your state? What laws are in place for your protection? Or which politicians are out there trying to take away your freedoms?

I suggest that those that are not afraid to say what state or even country they are from can actually look up their local government, governors, state representatives, and find out who is not in the spotlight but should be, and what they are really doing, which may surprise you.

I have to add that I am starting this thread as many of us feel frustrated and think that these 2 men have our lives in their hands, and never, ever truly see the smaller people that actually have something more to do with YOU then you may think.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Right now all the lights are on the big guns, Romney and Obama

I don't call them big guns...more like a small popcorn fart in the wind.
I would never vote for either person.

many of us feel frustrated and think that these 2 men have our lives in their hands

They kind of do and I think thats why people are scared,and for good reason.

Politics is like prostitution...people get screwed.

I will say it...I think both are scumbags....the problem is,to beat a scumbag,you have to become one.
Its a sick game played by sick people.

edit on 8-10-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I follow politics till RP drops out.. Then I dont vote because there is no point in it..

I refer you to this guys and his words of wisdom for America..

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I don't really follow politics at all, but that doesn't prevent me from learning about those that are causing a lot of the angst that is happening right now.

The purpose of the thread was that people consider thinking about how close to home so many of these issues really are. What is being debated right now between the candidates is more external, but I was hoping that people could look more internally to see that there are others players in the game, and there are right in your back yard.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

join