It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

It's mostly propaganda; the majority of the lower enlisted will support Obama and are afraid to vocalize their support as most of the senior NCOs and Officers will support whomever the republican candidate is.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Too bad Democrat Panetta and his minions ensured the absentee voting project "error" as head of the DOD.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
More then half of the military is not even voting. By choice.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So two soldiers voted for Romney, one for Obama, and the rest wrote in Ron Paul or voted for Johnson?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
let me ask all the republicans out there....if republican state governors have tried or succeeded in passing voter suppression laws for the civilians, why do you think they wouldn't do it to the average soldier?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rastus3663
reply to post by jimmyx

It's mostly propaganda; the majority of the lower enlisted will support Obama and are afraid to vocalize their support as most of the senior NCOs and Officers will support whomever the republican candidate is.

I had that experience as well. Most of the lower enlisted just do what they are told and bid time till it's time to get out. Can't tell you have many FTA tattoos i've seen on the lower enlisted these days.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

because military members have free ID's issued to them. Military members have so many chances to vote, months in advanced. The only exception are people deployed in remote locations. But that represents a very small percentage of the military population.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I have a couple buddies in the Army, ( I tried to enlist with them, but was wayyyy too stupid, or hypertension, one of those ), Anyway, they tell me their CO's do a lot of implying that if a Democrat is elected, there's a chance they could be downsized, or something like that, but if a Republican gets elected it's almost a guaranteed pay raise. They've been in long enough to realize it's all BS, but a lot of people still fall for it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Shouldn't matter every unit should have a voting representative that supplies ballots for anyone that needs one. I use to supply them to folks who hadn't received them in the Air Force.

Secondly the military vote is only counted if there is a tie or near tie between 2 presidential candidates. So if there isn't at least a near tie the military votes are not unsealed.

So doesn't really matter in the end.

Edit: This applies to absentee ballots only.
edit on 9-10-2012 by darthorious007 because: added info.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Seeing as how the Military radio still broadcasts things like "Rush Limbaugh" as if it were news, I wouldn't be surprised about this.

I'm sure there is a huge difference between people who need to keep the "heroic delusions" while surviving a battlefield, and the perspective of returned vets. They are probably hit the hardest by the bad economy.

It doesn't help that a lot of right-wing violent groups are actively recruiting people with PTSDs either.

What kind of "thank you" has corporate America given our soldiers? They sent them to procure resources and so Bush could ruin our economy. I've even read many cases of financial exploitation. Then these soldiers are left on endless tours, or get to watch "contractors" who make 10X what they do. And if you are AWARE, you get to realize that we "stood down" in Iraq after BushCo got production sharing agreements for their sponsor oil companies -- and that the near civil war was on purpose, to make the country hellish until they capitulated. So it's a difficult road to travel to be both enlightened AND in a pointless war.

If you aren't aware, you probably LOVE Mitt Romney, or Satan, or probably want to see Jesus come back to kill all the sinners.

I'm sure someone cares that there is a poll where military troops overseas like Romney -- but I'm more interested in bringing these people home and ending this Colonialist adventure that only benefits multinationals who buy our elections.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
May they enjoy their arms and legs before Fur Romney send them to Iran to get zem blown off!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by restlessinMT
I agree the majority of conservatives support our troops vs. the liberal side. Sad because any one who has fought for my freedom deserves my support. That is a no brainer.

I came across this today and maybe it ties in or not but it is how a lot of us feel. I will let you know before hand I do not support either major candidate at all but I will vote for someone. Just hope some may enjoy this.

One sunny day in January, 2013, an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue where he'd been sitting on a park bench. He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said: "I would like to go in and meet with President Obama." The Marine looked at the man and said: "Sir, Mr. Obama is no longer President and no longer resides here." The old man said, "Okay," and walked away. The following day the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine: "I would like to go in and meet with President Obama." The Marine again told the man: "Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Obama is no longer President and no longer resides here." The man thanked him . . . and again just walked away. The third day the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same U.S. Marine, saying: "I would like to go in and meet with President Obama." The Marine (understandably agitated at this point) looked at the man and said: "Sir, this is the third day in a row that you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Obama. I've told you already that Mr. Obama is no longer the President and no longer resides here. Don't you understand?" The old man looked at the Marine and said, "Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it." The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said: "See you tomorrow, Sir." .

I just like seeing that Mr. Obama is no longer President! Sorry 4 years have been enough for this gal and 4 more I don't see any good but Romney is equally horrifying!

edit on 10/8/2012 by restlessinMT because: headache!

Quite the contrary, if you're using the modern, convoluted sense of "liberal" and "conservative", at least from what I've seen. Republicans tend to support weapons manufacturers more heavily, while Democrats tend to favor funding the VA while the Republicans push to cut VA benefits and hospital funding. Being pro-foreign-war does not make one pro-military personnel.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The military vote is being suppressed, minority votes are being suppressed, both parties have got some big time explaining to do!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
1.5 million actives and 1.5 reserves is overkill, nevermind we have so many people stationed overseas which means extra pay. Then we have the black budget which runs from one third to half the total DOD annual spending.

Both the republicans and democrats could not give a rat's ass about the personel. I am afraid this is the truth! The reason I say this is because they are spending much more on military hardware and research/development than they spend on troop welfare. Plus the government the last two decades has been a little too ambitious to send men and women into harms way with false information and thus mischeivous reasons. We have no business being israel's big bitch. They should fight their own wars for a change and stop being greedy little imperialists.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by restlessinMT

I agree the majority of conservatives support our troops vs. the liberal side.

No the GOP doesn't support the troops they support the war machine. If the GOP supports the troops so much then why wasn't they mentioned at the RNC? And the military leaders will back the GOP because of the kick backs they receive from the arms dealers.

I know that die-hard GOP President Obama supports the war machine!

Oh, wait, he's not GOP.

/TOA

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join