It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayans saw the future with the help of Aliens?? Bring your minds along for the ride!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

The OP is simply a collection of blatant well known misrepresentations of artworks. It is followed by a wacky suggestions about the Mayans.

1. The artwork is unrelated to UFOs
2. The Mayans don't mention anything special about the end of the baktun

Thus the OP is disconnected with reality.

I had already pointed this out earlier in the thread. The details of why the images are not of UFOs is well explained in my earlier posts.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Okay I am convinced.....You can't read.....

I will take it easy on you now, I thought you just weren't understanding......Now I know you have issues, that is different....

Good day sir...

PS....If you are interested on WHY the pictures and the crap you are spouting DO NOT MATTER.....Then please go back and read, if that is possible....

Thanks

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by MamaJ

There is a difference between fact and opinion. I have provided facts about the state of the Mayan civilization. They were a stone age civilization that was not as advanced as our modern society in any way. They lacked the astronomical sophistication and mathematical sophistication we have today. Future peoples will continue to advance their knowledge of the world and the universe.

Stating that someone heritage matters is simply a racist comment.

The ancients were no more aware of the cosmos than we are today. In fact, they knew very little about the cosmos compared to today. Even young children know about more planets, asteroids, comets, meteorites than a Mayan could have known.

One of the strange fantasies that exists today is that ancient peoples were more in tune with the Earth and respected the Earth and were not wasteful. Ancient man was as greedy and wasteful as we are today. The evidence from animal jumps around the world shows that many more animals were killed than could be eaten. Huge fires were set to clear more land than what was needed. The forests of many lands are gone due to their destruction a long time ago. Poor agricultural practices doomed many societies.

It is a fact that ancient societies knew about the cycles such as the seasons. Pretty hard to miss that. Being able to construct a calendar was a little trickier and was successfully done in many places.

Many Mayans live today and they may not speak English. Big deal. They live in a country using Spanish and they speak Spanish.

Again, the ancients were much less aware of the cosmos than we are today. We know that because they left records. Those records show us that they did not know about galaxies. Do you know anyone today that does not know about galaxies, or the moons of Saturn, or asteroids? The ancients did not know this. People today do.

I have already psychoanalyzed your way of thinking months ago. I don't like to debate with you because your mind is sooooo narrow and main stream. Evolve already Stereo!! Please!

First you state your fact in regards to no mayans are left.... then you say they are. Which do you believe? lol

The Maya lived in an age that was more advanced than ours because they were more in tune with the cosmos. Cosmology speaking we are lost today and are playing catch up. You see it differently.... OK, we get it!

They did not lack nor did the people living in the same age lack anything in regards to math and astrology. We continue to learn they were RIGHT!

Have you ever tried understanding Manly P Hall or Holy Science? It may do you some good in advancing your mind to more concepts having to do with the "ancient" ones.

The number 13 plays an important role ...... the tzolk'in was divided into 13 months of 20 days each. The Mayan may cycle consisted of 13 k'atuns. T

The Mayan calendar, unlike ours here in the West, used a zero.

Most Mayan scholars use the Goodman-Martinez-Thompson (GMT) correlation with the Long Count, which places the start date at 11 August 3114 BC and the end date of b'ak'tun 13 at 21 December 2012.

Van Stone suggests, because it falls on a solstice, and is thus astrologically significant. There are some scholars, such as Michael D. Coe, Linda Schele and Marc Zender, adhere to the "Lounsbury/GMT+2" correlation, which sets the start date at 13 August and the end date at 23 December.

Which of these is the precise correlation has yet to be conclusively settled. Michael Coe's date is the 24th of December 2011. He revised it and then revised it again, settling on that date.

The correlation of b'ak'tun 13 as December 21st, 2012 first appeared in Robert J. Sharer's 1983 revision of the 4th edition of Sylvanus Morley's book The Ancient Maya on page 603.

The Mayan scholars are not in agreement, thats for sure but one thing they do note is their interest in their Long Count Calendar and its meaning.

Their language is/was a little more difficult than just "spanish" as you stated.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Also... from the links above...

When the Relación was rediscovered in the 19th century, a number of unsuccessful attempts were made to use its de Landa alphabet passages to decipher the then completely unknown script, because the De Landa script was an alphabet, but the extant Maya texts are logo-syllabic. It has been theorized that De Landa might have unwittingly created a spurious writing system owing to a fundamental lack of understanding of how logo-syllabic writing systems function combined with tenuous access to reliable sources.[1] It should also be noted that the preexisting establishments, such as the Mayan religious order, were all destroyed by invading Spanish belligerents, such as De Landa, to make way for Christian enlightenment. In furtherance of this goal, the Mayan texts were nearly completely destroyed in deference to writings that conform to biblical doctrine. It was not until the early 1950s when Knorozov published his landmark paper analysing it and other inscriptions in a new light that substantial progress began to be made. [edit]References

Coe graduated from Harvard College in 1950 and received his PhD in anthropology from the Harvard Graduate School of Arts & Sciences in 1959 Shortly after commencing his graduate studies program there, in 1955 he married the daughter of the noted evolutionary biologist and Russian émigré Theodosius Dobzhansky, Sophie, who was then an undergraduate anthropology student at Radcliffe College.[4] Sophie translated from Russian, the work of epigrapher, Yuri Valentinovich Knorosov, "The Writing of the Maya Indians" (1967).[5] Knorosov based his studies on De Landa's phonetic alphabet and is credited with originally breaking the Maya code.

Below is from an interview.... PDF style. Check it out... www.nightfirefilms.org...

So this was a wonderful writing system, that the kind of Neoplatonic ideas that they had from the Greek philosophers, this was the best kind of writing system, that they didn’t have to worry about language or a language. It was just straight from the brain

The twin is hiding the knife behind his back and trying to pull him out of his snail shell in which he lives to cut him up, and I saw over and over again references to the Popol Vuh. So I got an idea that the Popol Vuh is a major source for the iconography of the classic Maya.

And the interview goes on.. and on....

ETA: You keep telling me Im racist ???? and I continue to ignore it however this time I will tell you.... in a really nice way.... that is simply not true and I don't appreciate that kind of filth coming from you. If you have to resort to name calling then look in the mirror.

edit on 20-10-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

First you state your fact in regards to no mayans are left.... then you say they are. Which do you believe? lol

Straw man argument. I stated no such thing.

The Maya lived in an age that was more advanced than ours because they were more in tune with the cosmos. Cosmology speaking we are lost today and are playing catch up. You see it differently.... OK, we get it!

Please provide evidence - anything at all.

They did not lack nor did the people living in the same age lack anything in regards to math and astrology. We continue to learn they were RIGHT!

Completely false. Their math was extremely limited. They were not aware of the reason why their tables were in error after a few decades.

Van Stone suggests, because it falls on a solstice, and is thus astrologically significant. There are some scholars, such as Michael D. Coe, Linda Schele and Marc Zender, adhere to the "Lounsbury/GMT+2" correlation, which sets the start date at 13 August and the end date at 23 December.

Due to the variability in axial precession it would not have been possible to predict that the baktun would have ended on the solstice, assuming that the GMT is correct.

The Mayan scholars are not in agreement, thats for sure but one thing they do note is their interest in their Long Count Calendar and its meaning.

Simply because the calendar is linear and not cyclic.

Their language is/was a little more difficult than just "spanish" as you stated.

So silly to misrepresent my posts.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You keep telling me Im racist ???? and I continue to ignore it however this time I will tell you.... in a really nice way.... that is simply not true and I don't appreciate that kind of filth coming from you. If you have to resort to name calling then look in the mirror.

I am not the one that holds up people of Mayan ancestry over those that have studied their civilization.

When people use a person's race to decide a matter then they are racist plain and simple. People can pretend that they are doing this in a positive way. They think it is alright because they are being positive. Most people recognize the illegitimacy of that.

Scholars studying the ancient Mayans are well aware of their level of expertise in mathematics and astronomy. They have studied the artifacts and know that the civilization did not know about much of what we consider mathematics. Did the Mayans reveal knowledge of trigonometry? Did they deduce the Pythagorean theorem? Did they ever do mathematical proofs? As far as astronomy goes it is naked eye astronomy. The lack of accuracy in many of their tables has made it difficult to determine a correlation between the astronomical tables and the events as determined today.
edit on 20-10-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
Pretty cool op.... love thinking deep and pondering different theories.

What if the Olympians and Atlanteans (Gods) were real and not myth? What if they influenced the Maya and left the Earth before an "ele"? Who knows.. lol

I like thinking about all the possibilities but we will never know unless they comes back and tell us.

The Maya (I have read) believe their ancestors will be coming back. Does that mean they were Gods? Maybe.

I happen to believe we are all "Gods" (not THE GOD/Source/Creator though) but we have lost our powers because of the density of the Planet now or maybe because we have the veil over our eyes that prevents us from remembering what we can actually do with our minds.

This may be necro a bit,but recent departures and revelations warrant a reviving i think. The maya's ancestors are prolly who the people in control of the black triangles meet in the oort cloud. Also we are not "Gods" They were just advanced humans who re seeded earth to revert humanity to earlier DNA structures.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join