It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayans saw the future with the help of Aliens?? Bring your minds along for the ride!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Maybe they knew that the world of the future would be controlled by the west.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
2000 years before the Holy Roman empire until 250 ad...yep, we can conclude the Myan's where the top dogs after the Greeks..

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

But you are missing the main point here.......All I am saying is about the calendar and how they come up with it.....Nothing more....

Nothing about more advanced or better means of communicating with different areas of the world at the time.......If the Chinese or anyone else for that matter came up with the calendar, I would be talking about it at this moment.....

Stupid aliens?? Why would you say that?? If what I am saying is true, then they are AWESOME aliens who let us know a little bit of the future to prepare us......IF that is......

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I honestly think the Maya were advanced scientifically/astronomically than we are today. They knew so much.... its obvious.

I also think they were influenced by Thoth/Hermes and were able to transcend time before the flood or any catastrophe and they are warning us of things to come from the future. Like.... its a consciousness thing. ??

If you think of time as a circle then there is nothing new under the Sun. We could be projecting reality via the mind.

One more thing.... there are soooo many people who believe the maya knew there would be a pole shift and an alignment having something strange go on with our Sun. People believe it is to happen in Dec. 2012. The Bible mentions birth pangs. Could the Earth give birth to a new Sun/Son? lol My mind goes in so many places when I think... lol....

Mind over matter is relevant to me when I think of this coming to manifest in real time, if indeed it does.

The shift of consciousness may indeed be a real happening because we as a collective have set it into motion. I have no clue... just thinking out loud.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Mayans did not see anything.. 2012 a big solar flare will hit has nothing to do with aliens.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
Mayans did not see anything.. 2012 a big solar flare will hit has nothing to do with aliens.

How do you KNOW all of the above you posted? Just curious..

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Can I quote you here?? I want to be the first to laugh when it doesn't come true....

But the evidence you provided is just sooooo compelling for me to believe!!

Go troll elsewhere please

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Maybe they were shown Beetlejuice
If that thing was to be seen in the sky say tommorow, it would of had to explode almost 6000 years ago...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

OK god... Thank you for the pre-warning.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

If that thing was to be seen in the sky say tommorow, it would of had to explode almost 6000 years ago...

Wow, it seems someone is finally picking up what I am putting down here.......That is exactly what I am saying......A massive explosion somewhere headed our way......Again, just a thought......

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Wow, it seems someone is finally picking up what I am putting down here.......That is exactly what I am saying......A massive explosion somewhere headed our way......Again, just a thought......

Unless.... all of time is past and future which make our present. Mind is the builder so we can make it whatever we want however the forces are not in balance.... too much material minded humans today so we are in a battle within the mind. Just a thought... lol

An explosion may come from the Earth, her self.... giving birth?? I don't know... just thinking out loud.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I don't understand where you're coming from with the calendar. It was a simple count of days more or less based around a base 20 system. It's true that 18 win alas equal one tun but this was done so a tun was equivalent to a year. The Long Count does not end. Especially not on 13.0.0.0.0.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I don't get into the mayan side of things simply because a lot of the information is false. But when it comes down to it, they do talk about their god coming back also so I think that whatever they were on about, along with other cultures around the world had something to do with the sky, something coming from the sky or something in the sky. Not a rogue planet (even though its possible), maybe a comet, asteroid, Supernova, who knows.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I honestly think the Maya were advanced scientifically/astronomically than we are today. They knew so much.... its obvious.

I know I ask this every time someone makes this claim but I'll go ahead and ask again. If the Maya were more astronomically knowledgeable than us why did they think a year was an even 365 days?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

I don't understand where you're coming from with the calendar. It was a simple count of days more or less based around a base 20 system. It's true that 18 win alas equal one tun but this was done so a tun was equivalent to a year. The Long Count does not end. Especially not on 13.0.0.0.0.

I thought the Mayan Calendar was restarted when it got to 13.0.0.0.0?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Then why does it go ahead for THOUSANDS of years? Our calendar doesn't do that.......If you read my op you will see why I am saying what I am saying, and read through my posts in this thread......

Again, this is just a thought, I have nothing concrete or I would be some sort of Messiah.......This is just something that hit me, as a what if........

If aliens took the Mayan(s) to outer space to witness an event so big that it would reach us by 2012 (based on traditional talks with 2012ers), then the Mayans create a calendar because that is their only form of communicating with the so far distant future.....

Sorry if it is confusing, it is just something that hit me as something that COULD be possible....More than likely not, but just got my brain going....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I'm still not entirely sure where this claim comes from. We have Coba Stela 1 that has a Long Count date that extends back trillions of years without starting over. At the same time we have Quirigua Stela D that has a Long Count date that extends forward millions of years. These are just two examples of Long Count dates falling outside the 13 baktun belief but there are many. On the other hand we only have one reference to 13.0.0.0.0.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The Long Count behaves much like we use years. We don't have a big long list of years that we keep adding to as we think up more. We generally use years as a referential system to refer to past and future dates outside of the current calendar. This is how Long Count dates work. They are used to refer to dates that fell outside of the current calendar. The only difference is that the Maya's calendar was a calendar round and lasted 52 years as opposed to 365.25 days. Distant Long Count dates were also used to refer to events that would occur in the future but they weren't being exact. In fact this is what many researchers are starting to think that Tortuguero Monument 6 doesn't actually reference 13.0.0.0.0 but just a general future date.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I am curious why you think this is so. They did not smelt metals. They did not know about planets other than the unaided eye planets. They did not know about the structure of the universe. They did not develop calculus. They did not develop chemistry. They did not know about microscopic organisms. They did not develop the wheel as a tool. The Mayans were a stone age civilization.

Could the Earth give birth to a new Sun/Son?

No. There is insufficient matter to form a star. Even Jupiter is too small by a factor of 13 or more. There is no means of accelerating matter to escape velocity either.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

What about this thread made by our own Arken?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I really hope this stuff is just BS......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join