It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything except my paycheck goes up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think the reason everyone believes John Kerry is for the middle class is because frankly Bush isn't. Since Bush stole the oval office everything except my paycheck has gone up. Gas Prices, Groceries, and just about everything else. I remember a couple of years back when the gas prices had gone up just about .40 cents and Bush vowed to lower gas prices, and even used some oil from the national reserve. What has happened to his vow? $1.89 gas in Arkansas and thats cheap compared to the rest of the United States. Instead of giving the tax cuts to middle class, it was given to the rich. Any person with an IQ above 95 knows that the middle class can help the economy most because the middle class is CONSUMERS! The more money we have the more we buy, and that helps the economy more than a bunch of arrogant and rich money pinchers, thats how they get rich because the keep as much money as they can. They aren't going tt boost the economy.
Bush has been a disgrace to the oval office, he does not represent the whole of America and defiantly doesnt represent the middle class. Vote for change, vote for anyone besides Bush.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Nod. And whatever tax cuts he did make for the middle class mean very little to someone like me, who is paying no taxes at the moment since I've been unemployed for the greater part of this last year

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Bush gave tax cuts to EVERYONE across the board. And he was right to give a tax cut to the wealthy as well because most people in the upper tax brackets employ others. The less taxes they pay the more people they can employ whether that is in a business or domestic help in their homes.

Maybe you need to ask your boss for a raise. My husband has gotten two raises since Bush has been in office and that was possible because his boss was paying less in taxes and could afford to increase the salaries of his employees!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Bush gave tax cuts to EVERYONE across the board. And he was right to give a tax cut to the wealthy as well because most people in the upper tax brackets employ others. The less taxes they pay the more people they can employ whether that is in a business or domestic help in their homes.

Maybe you need to ask your boss for a raise. My husband has gotten two raises since Bush has been in office and that was possible because his boss was paying less in taxes and could afford to increase the salaries of his employees!

Jemison

Yeah, but his boss didn't hire new employees, did he?
Keep believing the ignorant rhetoric. It would have been a lot more effective if it was mainly given to the middle class. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU REPEAT IGNORANT RHEOTRIC! Oh and I wish I had a boss to ask for a raise.

[edit on 17-10-2004 by TheBigD]

LL1

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Here is a list on numerous Oklahoma State jobs for you:

Apply what have you got to lose?

Good luck to you!

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
There is a saying in the car business. Wanna raise? Sell more cars!

What does this mean for the rest of you. Try working a little harder or smarter, stop blaming others, you determine what you earn. Only you.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yes, as a matter of fact he did hire new employees.

Keep believing the ignorant rhetoric. It would have been a lot more effective if it was mainly given to the middle class. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU REPEAT IGNORANT RHEOTRIC! Oh and I wish I had a boss to ask for a raise.

Maybe YOU don't see the benefits of his tax cuts, but I do. I know people who are in the middle class as well as people in the highest tax brackets. I have seen, first hand, how the tax cuts for the wealthy WERE effective. Sorry if you were not helped by the tax cuts, I'm not sure I understand how they didn't benefit you but it's unfortunate that they didn't.

Since Bush stole the oval office everything except my paycheck has gone up.

Oh and I wish I had a boss to ask for a raise.

Are you working or are you unemployed? Based on your comment about your paycheck not going up I assumed that meant you are working. Are you self-employed?

I think you should check out what Kerry paid in taxes. In his state he had the opportunity to over pay his taxes and choose where he wanted his extra money to go. He didn't do that. Not only that, but he probably paid less taxes than most middle class people. As a Senator you would think that he would want to set an example and not find the loopholes to decrease his taxes, but he didn't. And even if he is elected and takes away the tax cuts for people making over 200K he will continue to use his loopholes and will probably continue to pay less taxes (percentage wise) than most middle class tax payers.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Ok, I can only speak from the viewpoint of an I.T. professional. I have 120 years experience in this field (counting my years in the Army working on Patriot Missile Systems).

The fact is that everyone is comparing Bush�s job �losses� to a peak (bubble) in the employment sector. I am a senior analyst and I loved the late 90�s. Recruiters calling my office and trying to get me to defect to their dot-com startup for ungodly amounts of cash / options.

This is not fair. Bush�s unemployment numbers are about average, nothing very bad about what I am seeing. The fact is that the I.T. industry had a glut of some very bad techs demanding some serious green for what amounted to pretty piss poor work. Those of us who love what we do, have done it for many many years, and who continue to take pride in a job well done are glad to see them go.

Those times were supported by a huge tech bubble. Now the industry has come to it�s senses and the I.T. market is more reasonable. If you have a good amount of experience / education then jobs in the I.T. market are actually pretty easy to find. Since this sector has matured, there are fewer entry-level jobs and so it looks like many options have disappeared. In fact, many positions no longer exist and should never have existed in the first place.

As for outsourcing: I see limited success for companies embracing this. It�s not the panacea that many managers think it will be. Some large companies that outsource have been burnt and are pulling back somewhat. Software design is somewhat of an art form. It requires tight coupling with the business leaders and good communications skills, something I find lacking in my overseas peers.

Anyway, that being said, inflation is much higher than being reported by the government. The cause for this is, in my opinion, not a weak job market but a HUGE deficit and a stunningly huge trade deficit. It staggers the mind that Greenspan is allowed to run our country into the ground.

I predict the dollar will fall very shortly, very sharply. Please prepare yourselves for it.

Doubt me? Take a look at how the dollar is being propped up vis a vi the bond markets. Watch who is buying bonds and WHY they are buying those bonds. Then look how banks use derivatives and how leveraged they are (300 + Trillion anyone? Make Enron look like a cakewalk).

The high inflation that is not being reported but everyone is noticing is a by-product of the failing dollar.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
Here is a list on numerous Oklahoma State jobs for you:

Apply what have you got to lose?

Good luck to you!

Probably already have....***hole

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

What does this mean for the rest of you. Try working a little harder or smarter, stop blaming others, you determine what you earn. Only you.

Just like Republicans to think that "re-training" individuals is going to work, but they forget we have rent, children, etc. Some people are just a product of the era they lived in and getting "re-educated" isn't a viable option. I guess you have the luxury of being a pompous prick by putting your perspectives on someone you don't even know.

LL1

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Know what, I attempted to be helpful...

How can you be angry with the world for your troubles, everyone
has their share of troubles, it's how we handle them, it's how we
deal witth them.

But since you don't seem to kown how to handle or deal...
Apparently YOU have issues and can't deal with life, might I
suggest YOU seek therapy!
Immediately!

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

Yes, as a matter of fact he did hire new employees.

Maybe YOU don't see the benefits of his tax cuts, but I do. I know people who are in the middle class as well as people in the highest tax brackets. I have seen, first hand, how the tax cuts for the wealthy WERE effective. Sorry if you were not helped by the tax cuts, I'm not sure I understand how they didn't benefit you but it's unfortunate that they didn't.

Since Bush stole the oval office everything except my paycheck has gone up.

Oh and I wish I had a boss to ask for a raise.

Are you working or are you unemployed? Based on your comment about your paycheck not going up I assumed that meant you are working. Are you self-employed?

I think you should check out what Kerry paid in taxes. In his state he had the opportunity to over pay his taxes and choose where he wanted his extra money to go. He didn't do that. Not only that, but he probably paid less taxes than most middle class people. As a Senator you would think that he would want to set an example and not find the loopholes to decrease his taxes, but he didn't. And even if he is elected and takes away the tax cuts for people making over 200K he will continue to use his loopholes and will probably continue to pay less taxes (percentage wise) than most middle class tax payers.

Jemison

You should check out what Bush is doing to your country, then check out the slush fund Cheney is getting from Halliburton being in Iraq. And another thing Cheney did to a lot of loyal workers at Halliburton before they retired he made sure that lower managers forced them to retire early before they're retirement was up, effectively denying them pensions which they were entitled too. Thats your Vice-President. He doesn't give a d@mn about working people. I knew someone that worked at Halliburton 29 years, and they did that to him, and many of them got together and filed a class-action suit which is going nowhere because of the power of one man.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Personal Attacks Stop!! Got It?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think it would be beneficial for all of you Bush/Cheney supporters to check this out, www.democrats.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
BigD, I don't think it would take a rocket scientist to see why you do not have a job. Your attitude leaves much to be desired. LL1 was kind enough to show you where you might be able to start looking for a job and you decided to attack him rather than say 'thank you'.

I would suggest you go to factcheck.org to get information on Halliburton. As for forcing people to retire early, that happens in many companies and has happened for many years. Nothing new there if it is infact true.

We all see things differently and we are allowed to have our differences in opinion. Attacking people that don't see things the way you do is not very productive or effective. Just remember, you catch more flies with honey ...

Jemison

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD

Originally posted by Carseller4

Just like Republicans to think that "re-training" individuals is going to work, but they forget we have rent, children, etc. Some people are just a product of the era they lived in and getting "re-educated" isn't a viable option. I guess you have the luxury of being a pompous prick by putting your perspectives on someone you don't even know.

I'm taking care of my business. I had a bad month in August, only made $ , . Did I blame Bush, did I come whining about it on a website? No, I worked a little harder in September and made $ , . So stop whining and blaming republicans, and do something about it.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Carseller4]

Editted to remove actual money earned. After further review, I didn't feel like that was cool.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Carseller4]

new topics

top topics

join