It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give social security it's walking papers

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I have found that we have no choice in this election . Our votes are going to be sent to Spain. What is the thinking behind that? The head of the Bilderbergs will pick our next Prez.! Makes me feel like a child riding one of those little 25 cent rides outside of a grocery store . Turning the steering wheel back and forth but going no where !

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

I have found that we have no choice in this election . Our votes are going to be sent to Spain. What is the thinking behind that? The head of the Bilderbergs will pick our next Prez.! Makes me feel like a child riding one of those little 25 cent rides outside of a grocery store . Turning the steering wheel back and forth but going no where !

Could you provide a source for this allegation? Thanks!

I think if enough people vote third party the message will come across. The problem is society is not mature enough to make smart decisions because they have been excessively brainwashed and over-worked. In other words I am not holding my breath.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I have heard this topic being discussed on National news talk show . Then there is a source eps8.wordpress.com . This company from Spain bought the largest company who counts votes and George Soros is said to own it .

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Do you realise how many people are working dead end jobs, WHO ARE OVER-QUALIFIED, because they have to in each recession and depression? You are making sweeping falsehoods probably cause you never had to work a hard job in your entire life.

Well blame Obama for not building our economy that forces over qualified people to take crappy jobs.

I just do not know who are trying to blame here. Are you saying that the 7/11 cashier should make a lot more because the job should pay based on their qualifications and not really what the job's qualifications are required?

I had a crappy job or two and one day I complained to my dad and said, I'm busting my butt and only making 5 bucks an hour. He asked me a simple question...how much is the job worth? I told him about 5 bucks an hour...and it truly was only worth about that much. After that I worked to get a better job that required better skills and education.

Once again...blame the administration on failure to jump start the economy AND to inflate the cost of living to the point that even people that were once getting by are no longer. Low skill and dead end jobs are there whether the economy is good or bad. Not every job is a dream job...sorry to say. Some people will not work hard to get out of those jobs and so it seems we have an endless supply of people willing to live life as a minimalist. This is great for we NEED people to do those jobs, but that doesn't mean they should make 100k a year doing them too.

Should we pay a newspaper boy 20 buck an hour?

You sound like you are hurting, and so is business too. You are all in the same sinking boat, sorry to say, and unless we fix business you will continue to work some low paying dead-end job even though you have great skills that would be great for a company that one day might be healthy enough to hire you.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
seems to me that it would be a pretty short life if one were to actually have to live solely on what some of these low wage jobs paid.....

The problem is you just do not understand how much money it takes to live on..... a lot less then what most think...

As I said in Washington minimum wage is 10 bucks an hour. If dad put in 40 hours per week that is 1600 per month...If mom puts in 40 hours per week that is a total of 3200 per month...it's doable. BUT a low wage job should not be your life's goal....

BTW whose responsibility is it anyways that you success in life? AND whose blame is it if you fail?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

minimum wage is a little over 7 an hour....
I make more than this, rent ( the cheapest efficiency on the market in the crappiest neighborhood there is) would take over half my earnings, add to that car insurance, electricity, healthcare, gas for the car, and on an on...well, forget about eating!!!
health insurance is soon to be a necessity..gov't says so!!
car is a necessity for me, my feet say so!!!
heat, electricity is a necessity, the city says so!!
a roof over my head is a necessity, I say so!!!!!
that in and of itself would put me over my budget....
so, well, guess I would be sleeping in a car and my boss might have me working for him a few weeks before I physically feel apart, because well, I asked for hep once, when I really, really needed it and was refused, so I will not ask again. at the time, I have a hubby and three adult kids helping out with the household expenses so it isn't an issue.
but we have three adult kids here helping because they can't see a way to make it in this economy.

and I am not the only one in the shop earning low wages that have bothered going to college, there are several others. I know what the product we produce sells for by the time it gets to the consumer!!!
the work the producers do to create this product is worth a living wage!!! it's just that the value of those between us and the customers is overinflated in many areas, and of course, at some point the big corps are involved with their highly paid ceo's....
society thought that the machinists weren't worth a decent wage either, and look where it's gotten us!!! that segment of the workforce is dwindling to an alarming rate while they retire and no one wants to go into the field.....
I've lived among the poor most of my life. I've seen what is going on. single men can't make it, the single mom's can't make it, the married couples aren't making it on their own. the married couples end up separated, and then well, shh don't tell anyone, they might get back together till ss gets a clue, then opps, their not together anymore... the singles, well, I've watched some of them play roulette, jumping from one to another as soon as ss gets a clue as to what is going on in the women's household. or they are using the plastic to make ends meet....

I stand by my statement.
if a job requires a living person, it should be paying enough to that person to live on!!!
it would promote marriage more.
it would preserve families more...
it would encourage women to have those babies everyone is screaming about them killing before they are born more!!!
it would save us some money that is now flowing through social services!!
and maybe, just maybe it would encourage the business sector to stop overcharging everything for a profit!!!
that money could be diverted to the businesses that really need the help paying their workforce a decent wage!

in plain simple language I am sick and tired of helping the employees of big insurance companies get insurance for their kids so their bosses can have that extra hundred thousand dollars everytime the gov't tries to help more people and extend the programs!!!

I've been in the business I am in in over ten years, I am good at what I do, it's a position that gives society a product they want, and sometimes needs!! no one can argue that machinists are needed!

if society wants them, needs them, well, they should be paying for them when they use the products that they are making, and not the gov't, through a vaste number of different programs with a small army to pay for to deliver their small pittance of "help"!!!

edit on 12-10-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join