It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I have a truly enlighting experience?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
How can I have personal experience with states of consciousness, or levels of being, or aspects of reality, beyond normal human perception, including experience and communion with a supreme being ?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rambo1112

You realize you're asking us a scientific method for painting a beautiful picture, right? There's no formula - you study different ways, try everything out, then keep doing whichever one feels like it works the best.

There is no formula for spirituality. It's hit and miss...but when you hit it, you know. That's the best answer I can give you, I'll just get out of the way so the other members can give you their recipes. But remember, not everything is guaranteed to work. Find what works best for YOU. Do your research, and look everywhere.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Peace to you. "ask and you shall receive, knock and the door will be opened". Try praying the Rosary, that's how I started

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

One method to try would be Binaural Beats, you can probably find an MP3 free online, use with head phones and make sure you get one that stimulates the appropriate brain waves you wish to target, IE delta.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I've used beats, all kinds of frequencies, no success.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
d-r-u-g-s will not help achieve a higher level of consciousness, it takes your free will and attachment from what your ego thinks enlightenment is. Listen to the vibrations inside your head, and meditate on them.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Avoid the drugs, no doubt.
Go look up and understand the left brain and right brain, then find exercises that triggers the right brain into action, then focus on some serious inner meditation, then read some more on whatever it is you get out of meditation, then reread the right brain, then do it again, repeatedly over time.

No quick way to do it, but start a journey of self awareness and sooner or later, you will get there.

IMO

"KNOW YOURSELF"

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

first thing is to find out who you are and who you are not. You will not have an enlightening experience it is just not possible.Not being negative or anything just giving a few tips, I knows you,s wont like it because you's thinks everything is about it.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Any mention of ANY drugs, whether you think they are legal or not, will result in actions against your account and could result in account termination

You all agreed to the Terms & Conditions Of Use when you joined and we will hold you to your word

Semper

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The first reply to you was spot on.. but instead of wasting many years trying out a billion different practices that may or may not work for you, I suggest you begin using practices that have been proven to work for most people. Noting here that many males have difficulty because of how their mind works, but you are after Focus to begin with so these practices will assist with that also.

Instead of me typing it all out here, you could read the practices on my website.. it's free..

Simply-Spirit

Just a few pointers....

1/ Always begin practice as if naked... meaning, do not hold onto any Thought or Beliefs about what is possible as they will Limit what you can experience.

2/ Practice every day, at the same time. You must make room for this.

3/ Do NOT seek answers outside of Yourself. Learn to Trust your own Insight.

4/ Intent is the Key. So learning to Focus your mind is the keyhole. In which case, when you catch your mnd wandering, just bring it back to focus on your Intent.

5/ Learn to FEEL the difference between what you are creating with your mind/thoughts and what is real. So you must learn to be vigilant as an Observer to avoid self-created experiences.

6/ Enjoy. Spiritual growth is not supposed to be all hard work, so have a little fun with it along the way.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Would you mind an atheistic approach?

A spiritual experience isn't a physical act, but a feeling; an overwhelming sensation of incredible awe. The DNA, that is, the information that created you came from your mother and father, who got their information from their parents, and so on and so on. The information that created ***YOU*** first started billions and BILLIONS of years ago!

Look up at that fiery ball in the sky. The carbon in your body was created from suns just like ours, that exploded billions and BILLIONS of years ago!

You are not just a human. You are not just an Earthling. YOU are a child of the universe!

Now when you look up into the night sky, or when you view images of space taken by the Hubble telescope, let yourself be silent for a moment. Take in the awesome vastness and splendor of the cosmos, and then say to yourself:

This is my home.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rambo1112
How can I have personal experience with states of consciousness, or levels of being, or aspects of reality, beyond normal human perception, including experience and communion with a supreme being ?

Lets keep it down to earth, keep it real so to speak.

perhaps you will never find that experience or communion with a supreme being, because your searching externally, perhaps your search for something external is what draws you away from the truth of it, remember we are the being, so lets start there.

what is awareness? to me it is "to pay attention" to draw your focus in total on the subject of interest, to be the watcher or observer. that seems logical enough, you can learn a lot just by watching or observing forms.

I'm assuming your a human being? if that is the case then I'd also assume that you breath air like i do

so lets start there, breathing, its free, you can do it anywhere and you don't need to subscribe to a gathering to achieve this, as far as I'm aware, apart from actual "air" you don't need anything external to achieve this. draw your awareness to your breathing, consciously, breath, inhale, and exhale.

Just for a simple example, try this, either way its fun to experiment.

sit comfortably, relax everything, and just breath, draw your attention to your breathing, try to keep your thoughts only on the breathing, your mind will wander that's Ok in the beginning it always does. when it does, bring your focus back on your breathing, you can do this as much as you want, the idea is to exercise your focus or awareness to reduce the noise of unconscious thoughts emotions and stimuli. practice this as often as you can, the more you do it the more you will realize that your thoughts will not wander. some will identify this as meditation, i just call it breathing

afterwards, realizing that every breath is a moment in time. it is never future or past, it is only ever now.

but if that's to hard for the lazy, then i guess you can always look externally for an answer, eventually you will realize all the answers are within you and cannot be attained from something external, if you feel the need to use a label to identify this, then consider this, your god, whatever you subscribe to, isn't something outside, don't miss the point like the rest, realize as fast as you can that what your searching for is only ever within you, right now in this very moment.

The path to Jedi mind powers so to speak, begins with breathing, the rest of what you are trying to achieve will present it self in time, and you will know it when you experience it, you cant miss it ;P

Muzz

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i can tell u what worked for me , don't pretend to be a guide or a guru of some sorts
1)change your diet , stop eating meat , and all food derived from animals , start slowly week after week , your last goal should be eating only raw food (vegetables and fruit),avoiding processed food, sugar and salt (don't be too arsh with yourself, take it like a game or a challenge with yourself , if you win you will feel better )
2)start meditating , slowly , start with 15 minutes a day , then after a month or a week ( it s all up to you) add other 15 minutes, eg: 15 in the morning 15 in the late evening.After 2 years i meditate 1 hr a day ,it works very well for me.
3) read a lot , inform yourself , make questions , use your curiosity.
4)Talk to people freely, without blocking your tought process , let go your inner self without fear of being judged , if they judge you or watch you with strange faces/expressions , smile!
Last but not least . never give up , sometimes meditating can be hard , but it doesen't work if you do it 3 times a week , you must do it everyday , the same for you diet, you must eat healty every day .
Soon you will take life much more easier and as Ormuz said you will end up realizing that you always had the superpowers and the answers within yourself , and that your god is in you, not outside.
edit on 7-10-2012 by Jabbah because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2012 by Jabbah because: my poor , poor english

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jabbah

yes i agree, that is also true, don't forget to eat healthy,
i mean who doesn't like cake, right?

Muzz

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join