It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Monsanto and Grocery stores team up to Kill Us.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I may or may not be exaggerating with my title. We simply don't have the whole story but those who know about Agenda 21 and the CODEX can see the logic.
www.youtube.com... Agenda 21 short version explination
www.youtube.com... - Full version
www.nocodexgenocide.com... - No CODEX Genocide

Many of you know I am a strong opponent of GMO foods or foods that are modified by Genetically Modified Organisms. I am for Proposition 37 in California that will start the ball rolling on getting GMO's labeled on our food products. To this end I had an idea to help fight these GMO foods.

In short, First get the labels on the foods. Then call for grocery stores to separate the GMO foods from the Non GMO foods. Then super educate the public of the dangers of GMO foods. Watch the GMO isles at the grocery stores get smaller and smaller because the stores stop selling products they aren't making money on. GMO's will die if this is indeed what the public wants. This idea sounded great to most people I have shared it with.

That thread is here: How to Stop Monsanto and GMO Foods for Good ! I am forming an organization and website for this effort called Consumer GMO Choice.

However, I just found out the powers that be, namely Monsanto and it's GMO producing cronies have an Ace in the hole. It's called Slotting Fees.

Slotting Fees are fees charged by grocery stores to food manufacturers for the privilege of putting a product on the store shelf. They are simply selling shelf space to anyone willing to pay. Grocers charge food manufacturers thousands of dollars, sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars for shelf space for a product.

Let me repeat that: Grocers charge food manufacturers thousands of dollars, sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars for shelf space for a product.

Many times, the grocer makes more money off these slotting fees than they do by selling the product itself!

Wikipedia puts it this way:

A slotting fee, slotting allowance[1], pay-to-stay, or fixed trade spending[2] is a fee charged to produce companies or manufacturers by supermarket distributors (retailers) in order to have their product placed on their shelves.[3] The fee varies greatly depending on the product, manufacturer, and market conditions. For a new product, the initial slotting fee may be approximately $25,000 per item in a regional cluster of stores, but may be as high as $250,000 in high-demand markets.

Many grocers earn more profit from agreeing to carry a manufacturer's product than they do from actually selling the product to retail consumers. According to retailers, fees serve to efficiently allocate scarce retail shelf space, help balance the risk of new product failure between manufacturers and retailers, help manufacturers signal private information about potential success of new products, and serve to widen retail distribution for manufacturers by mitigating retail competition.

en.wikipedia.org... - Slotting Fees

This means as long as the stores make money from slotting fees, they wont care if the product gets sold or thrown away! Do you hear that - they can just throw the product away and Still make a Profit !

It doesn't matter if People buy the product - the product has already been sold to the stores.Thus the food manufacture is satisfied. That food is even insured so the grocers make sure they lose nothing and gain everything. I am sure this contributes to higher food prices too !

The chemical pushers can manipulate and strong arm their products onto store shelves by willingly paying these huge slotting fees. They can even undercut other products shelf space by promising to pay higher fees than what the grocery stores charge.

This is all fine a good for the stores from a free enterprise standpoint - but what do you do if the food they are selling you turns out to be poison?

This makes it much harder to get rid of these offending products. More people need to take an active stand and not let what the industry does behind our backs dictate what foods wind up on our store shelves. People need to be vocal and tell the stores they do not want the stores to carry harmful food products. People need to tell the stores they will not buy from those stores if they continue to make money off of selling or allocating space for harmful foods.

Monsanto and like companies has the money to pay these stores slotting fees willingly - even at a loss perhaps - Why? Could it be they are really a part of the Agenda 21 and Codex above - that these things are real and not just fantasies of conspiracy theorists?

My idea above for getting rid of harmful foods the consumers do not want can still work but it's going to take massive amounts of educating the public on all of these issues. Spread the word of these issues to everyone you know. The sake of our health, our children's health and our very future as a human race is at stake. May God, (if he exists) help us all.
edit on 7-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

edit on Sun Oct 7 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Lets stop this monster right now with a little logic.

We are the comsumers. They are the sellers.
Without consumers the sellers are broke.
One hand washes the other.

Or do you liken them to a virus. So stupid they kill their host ?
edit on 7-10-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Lets stop this monster right now with a little logic.

We are the comsumers. They are the sellers.
Without consumers the sellers are broke.
One hand washes the other.

Or do you liken them to a virus. So stupid they kill their host ?
edit on 7-10-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

I would hope that these slotting fees really only come into play when a product is first being considered to be carried by the stores. I would hope that these grocery stores and food manufacturers do make more profit off the selling of food to consumers despite their initial slotting fee investment and the consumers voice does still carry weight.

Those have to be my hopes, because if the reverse is true, we will have no hope at all. I would that was a way to determine what these harmful foods are to such an extent that there could not be any doubt and no one will want to carry or make those types of foods. Sadly, this isn't the case. We have science on our side, and so do they. For all peoples these issues are not so clear cut.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

This country is full of enough people so apathetic about their own bodies they will literally eat chemicals in place of food, they sure as hell don't care about what happens to your body. You and I may say no to General Mills and all the rest, but the zombie army will continue to support them financially.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

This country is full of enough people so apathetic about their own bodies they will literally eat chemicals in place of food, they sure as hell don't care about what happens to your body. You and I may say no to General Mills and all the rest, but the zombie army will continue to support them financially.

Well said my friend!!!

While we all fight over partisan nonsense, it is in fact these same people we put our faith in protecting us and our safety who are bought and payed for by the same corporations who are poisoning the population.......

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I applaud your efforts

But lets take a look at whats going on.
Monsanto and co OWN our governments.
Our governments create laws to suit monsanto and co.
We are RIGHT NOW losing the right to grow our own food!!
They will irradicate ALL non GMO food.
We'll be left with NO CHOICE but to eat the monsanto sh!t.

The fight should not be taken to monsanto, it should be taken to our leaders!!
Without bought and paid for leaders monsanto are nothing.

In the UK Prince Charles runs organic farms for the purpose of feeding those in power with clean food, yet when you talk to the average person in the street they think organic food is "funny food"

The programming is very very strong..

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

I applaud your efforts

But lets take a look at whats going on.
Monsanto and co OWN our governments.
Our governments create laws to suit monsanto and co.
We are RIGHT NOW losing the right to grow our own food!!
They will irradicate ALL non GMO food.
We'll be left with NO CHOICE but to eat the monsanto sh!t.

The fight should not be taken to monsanto, it should be taken to our leaders!!
Without bought and paid for leaders monsanto are nothing.

In the UK Prince Charles runs organic farms for the purpose of feeding those in power with clean food, yet when you talk to the average person in the street they think organic food is "funny food"

The programming is very very strong..

Agreed. And that is part of my Lets take over the world for health plan. LOL If these ideas work and we begin to get the numbers of peoples needed to stand up for their food then those people will in turn change the laws by their votes. Hopefully. I am a long term believer that you can't change the government from inside, thats it's too corrupt, it will never work. We need the tons of masses of consumers to spearhead this first, then only then can we even have a chance at getting the right people in office. Of course some existing politicians will see which way the wind is blowing and switch sides.

People in the UK really feel that way about organic foods? wow.. I didn't know that. That's silly because all organic foods are are foods that are normal foods with no chemicals used in growing or added. natures way - surprising they would think that a funny concept.

Now I need to rescue Amy Pond from England even more. My wife won't mind too much I hope.

new topics

top topics

join