It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Islam the new Crusader's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
We had French crusader's like Napolean, as a result Haiti is a french colony amongst others.

We had British crusader's as a result we have Canada, British Virgin Islands,
ect,

We had hitler who tried to dominate, Mussonlii, ect

In the early days: Constantinople

The First Crusade was the only "successful" crusade in that it accomplished it's original stated goal - to "free" Jerusalem of all non-christian influence. It did that all too, unfortunately, literally. While I won't go into the "good and evil" portions of this crusade (good and evil being based on which side you view as good), it was a fasinating time period of extreme difficulties overcome by extreme zealousness, greed, and sometimes just downright stubborness of the individuals involved.

the Battle of Manzikert (spelling). After the defeat of Byzantine forces, and the closure of Turkish forces on Constantinople, Alexius I asked the Roman Pope for help from their christian brothers. Pope Urban II took that message, massaged it to a more "western view", and presented it at the Council of Clermont, which launched the Crusade.

www.geocities.com...
www.geocities.com...

And Mohammad.... Founder of the Islamic Religion...

What's going on here? Will the world ever be able to sleep peacefully??

[edit on 17-10-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
How about the US Empire? Our sphere of influence is global, and our zone of control is nearly global. The 'Extreme Islam' concept is just propaganda to facilitate expansion of our zone of control into Central Asia.

Granted we're benevolant compared to what you described, but that's just smart. Winning hearts and minds is actually more important than winning battles. It's far more economical to convince people not to fight you and get them on your side. We failed to do that in Iraq, and look at the consequences.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
So I guess the beheadings are fake, the grieving families is all staged, the taliban doesn't exist, they never killed anybody or took anything and everything that wasn't to do with the qu'ran, people have never gotten murdered, raped, tortured?

Sadam never funded terrorists, he never gave any money to any family who's son or daughter went on suicide missions? Suicide "warriors" doesn't exist, even though apparantly little girls on television over there have a song about being suicide warriors when they grow up??? This is all fake?

And i'm sorry but last time I checked America is the only country to get in a fight with another country destroy buildings ect, and then HELP to rebuild it?

The US empire isn't an empire. It's not a #ing crusading nation...

What countries in Europe, or China does America own?

Last time I checked they weren't trying to take any country over.

I guess the islamic map doesn't exist?? Yknow, the one that's "multi colored " but in 100 years the green countries are all Islamic? And that's the whole world...

That map doesn't exist??

I guess I got my facts all wrong, thanks for clarifying.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
TrueLies

Islamic aggression towards the west is directed against mainly the US and its allies for the foreign policy towards the middle east and the US bias towards Israel.

The taliban did exsist but posed no threat to the US nor did they aspiritions of world influence (al-qaeda did, but we never finished them off did we?)...

Saddam did pay the families of palestinian suicide bombers, but basically its whether their terrorists or resistance fighters is debatable. what the official listing of terrorists means # to me... Israel is just as bad as hamas but they get alot more support so giving the palestinians support isnt all that bad (i'm sure i'll get flamed for this but who gives a #)

Sure the U doesnt own other countries, but they have so much power in many countries they dont have to own it to tell them what to do. Its a new form of Empire that the US run. Many countries in the past have invadedother nations and rebuilt them, the US is just giving the illusion that the new Iraq will be independent and free... but we all know they will be under the control of the USA.

and know not of this 'map' you speak of please give me a source for it... i hear all these people talk about it but have never been provided with proof that can be seen as anything oter than US propaganda

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I guess the noble thing to do is to let innocent people die???

You want the US to be isolationists and leave the world alone, well what the # do you say to those rotten aholes who are being anything but isolationists...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
How about the US Empire? Our sphere of influence is global, and our zone of control is nearly global. The 'Extreme Islam' concept is just propaganda to facilitate expansion of our zone of control into Central Asia.

You really believe this? We could TAKE it if we wanted it. This makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Islamic aggression towards the west is directed against mainly the US and its allies for the foreign policy towards the middle east and the US bias towards Israel.

I feel you are wrong. That was different through the 80's when it was the USSR?

YOu need to recognize that Madrid is not in the USA.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
We are outnumbered in here but it is nice to see someone else toss back at them, but hence they do not listen as they are blinded by liberal idealism.

Just wait till a bomb goes off in their neighbohood and they will be screaming why wasnt something done!

Well it is getting done, turn on your TV's and then protest your countrymen in time of war. I mean hell the guy you vote for did it and got away with it.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
edsinger

Madrid isnt in the US but was one of the US allies... hence the US and its allies are targeted... try reading before posting.

And when a bomb goes off in my neighbourhood i'll be more likely to say

'# you bush! way to go piss them off!'

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

edsinger

Madrid isnt in the US but was one of the US allies... hence the US and its allies are targeted... try reading before posting.

No #? Oh ok I didnt know Spain wasnt in the US, thanks for the geography lesson.

I am telling you that Europe is a target also and not justthe ones that are allies in the Iraq war. Hell France will be a target, but they have bought time by being anti-US, thats all.

As for Bush pissing THEM off? That is a shame, I thought they attacked US.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

edsinger

No #? Oh ok I didnt know Spain wasnt in the US, thanks for the geography lesson.

I am telling you that Europe is a target also and not justthe ones that are allies in the Iraq war. Hell France will be a target, but they have bought time by being anti-US, thats all.

As for Bush pissing THEM off? That is a shame, I thought they attacked US.

France is not anti-US. And they are getting heat for their policy about Muslim headscarves.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
France is not anti-US. And they are getting heat for their policy about Muslim headscarves.

They are not? Well Chirac damn sure is and I differ with you , I think they are by the actions over the last 40 years.

The headscarves is only a minor issue compared to what COULD be over there.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
hmmm I am going to ignore the "you are anti-US french scum" comments and reply to original post.

True Lies, do you mean that they will literaly take over countries by force? Western countries?
Because I think that is not possible. The armies of western countries are too powerful compared to what a handfull of extremist groups have in their hands. While isolated bombings are possible, a complete takeover and anihilation of non-muslims is not even theoreticaly possible.
Extremist groups are very loud, but they don't have many supporters who would actively participate in achieving their goals. If they did have support of majority, we would see much more bombings in Europe, and not just a single one in Madrid (which btw had nothing to do with religion, they were pissed of at spanish goverment's support for the war in Iraq, that is politics not religion, and as far as I know, it wasn't even a suicide bombing).

Also, I think that in 21st century we should re-define the word "Crusade". Crusades in the past were fought very openly, using pure brutal force. A new kind of crusades is going on right now: globalisation capitalism. Whole countries are basicaly owned by big companies and the people are living in poverty, thousands dieing every day, the rest forced to be modern slaves, working for a few $ a day. Dictators and corrupted goverments are supported because they allow these companies to exploit their own people. Countries are blackmailed by the World Bank, IMF, etc, etc.

When USA "liberates" a country from some oppresive regime, they just replace it with globalisation capitalism, and by doing that they take away any chance of TRUE development. The first condition for getting finantial aid to rebuild buildings, infrastructure, etc, etc is to allow a flow of foreign money into your country. What sound nice actually means following: Coca Cola or Pepsi will completely take over the soft drinks market, Nike will open their slave camps, Haliburton will buy off oil fields, various other companies will buy food production. That gives ZERO chance to domestic companies to try to make something worth selling. The only countries where the goverment limits this flow of foreign money are south korea, japan, taiwan, hence why you have cars from korea, TVs from korea, etc, etc that actually sell well on western market. (of course this enslavement of whole countries includes participation of UK, France and other western countries, though Germany is actually trying to HELP domestic companies stand on their feet, but they are very much alone with that)

So do not be fooled by "liberation" of countries. It is just a better wrapped oppresive regime.

That is the new form of taking over countries and the new crusaders are rich, greedy, ruthless s.o.b.'s.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Just wait till a bomb goes off in their neighbohood and they will be screaming why wasnt something done!

- What the f.....? Are you for real? That is such an insulting piece of ignorance.

I am telling you that Europe is a target also

- What is this blinkered ignorant crap?

America has the tragedy of 9/11 happen to it and suddenly it seems - according to Americans like yourself - terrorism is born?!

Wake up, where have you been?

Most of western Europe has been dealing with terrorism for decades.

You talk like it just suddenly emerged and only ever happened to you guys.

Welcome to the world the rest of us have been living with for decades.....and just to let you know (voices of experience and all that) your bravado BS isn't much of an 'answer' either.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

So do not be fooled by "liberation" of countries. It is just a better wrapped oppresive regime.

That is the new form of taking over countries and the new crusaders are rich, greedy, ruthless ....

yes indeed!
...and just wait until the Muslim's are 'assimilated' into the NWO...

as they eventually will join into the onevote/freetrade/ascendancy-of-mankind BS...which is, of course...the 'nicely wrapped package' you spake!

-->hey, paperclip...maintain that alertness, as it is warned that 'even the elect should be decieved...if that were possible'

peace

top topics

join