It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible people see the world at different speeds?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Back in the 1800's before the advent of Radio and phonograph the main stream media outlets produced primarily printed material that had to be processed through a slower optical translation. The phone system in those days required asking an operator to make the connection for you.. The classics of the day from authors like Poe, Melville, and Twain tended to run a little deeper and were written to be read at different levels.

If you wanted to hear music back in those days it usually meant traveling to church to hear the choir or seeking out an orchestra. Deeper audio content usually meant visited a major metropolitan opera.

The Radio industry in the early 1900's changed all that. Radio broadcasts brought a whole new dimension of information to the world through their ears and gave them control of content through the station tuner.

There was still a problem though there was an Ahab out there asking/telling "And what tune is it ye pull to, men?"

90% of the PTB complaints we get on ATS could be better answered with a deeper historical understanding of the problem.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Wow that is amazing, thank you for sharing!! I am a complete dufus at hand eye. Always picked last for softball,
Caught many balls with my head, explains quite a bit actually.....

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

So I guess that you have a great eye-head coordination then

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
this is an interesting topic for me. I have for some time been obsessed with the perception of time. Gravity, because of mass, bending time and space, on earth, our solar system, and our galaxy.

Time perception to me has been proven to be completely alterable. I have experimented with it and have had much success. I find that while my perception of time is made more acute, and time slows, my ability to filter information and process it and respond does not immediately alter to the same degree.

I find that over a long period of time, when I can adjust to the change, I respond as quickly as I want to a world moving as slowly as I want. I have achieved lightening fast speeds. My testing environment is work, I wait for several orders to back up, not too much....lol....and then I let it fly.

I have been able to actually double my speed while slowing my perception of time to half. I can say that much is practice, as it is that I am good at what I do, but still.....I am every day able to maintain a higher degree of time alteration, to the point that I think I cannot do it much more because I run the risk of going mad.

I must at night, release my focused perception and let time flow normally. I get a sort of "high", by the excess energy I have allotted my body, (muscles, brain activity, ect)

When everything is "normal" again, I get very tired, but I am able to put off sleep for at least 20 hours over my natural cycle when necessary. That I have been able to do by working crazy hours and then staying very mentally active until my next work shift. This way I am able to run at least 2 days without sleep, though, it can get tiresome. With no activity I can only go 20 extra hours beyond my normal "up time "without getting too tired. I only need 6 hours sleep usually.

I don't know if it is all linked, but when I am tired, I try and maintain time, not too fast and not too slow. I think that is my trick to staying awake. It is all about perception. If you think time is going to fast you will try and use energy you don't have and will crash, if you make it too slow, you will purge excess energy you do have making you stall.

When you are too tired, just speed things up like revving a bike. When you are too juiced, slow things down, like being put in and trying to move in water. That is to maintain over long periods. Time perception for me is key.

If you are well rested, fed, and relaxed, you can speed things up by doing the same thing. Imagine your moving in water and then suddenly imagine you are moving through air. The jump in consumable energy will make you like a ninja rocket. When you are at your fastest,( time is moving slowest for you) ease off the gas, and let things relax a bit, and just "rev the bike again", and glide along. This way you will keep maximum velocity physically, but mentally you will be several steps ahead with less strain with focus.

I don't know if this all makes sense, but I love this topic and recommend people to explore it in depth, as it yields many secrets to our mind, and opens the limitless possibilities we are often denied.

edit on 8-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Some people have the ability to see things completely at faster speeds, the same goes for hearing. These are the people who have true higher intelligence.

Others switch their focus to a situation they are in and then they are capable of seeing the things within that situation completely. Something out of their focus goes unnoticed. This is how race car drivers work, they do not see the sky or crowds. This is also how some people see things when they public speak, they block out the audience as if it doesn't exist which allows them to concentrate on what they are saying.

Others often lower their attention, picking up maybe every forth frame and concentrating on that so their minds can rest but still remain somewhat alert but see a broad spectrum. This is like adjusting the shutter speed on a camera. This lowers their perception of intricate work but allows people to work efficiently in factory settings without getting burnt out.

Our brains have filters and we condition ourselves to see certain things. A logger often only sees the lumber in the forest, and the money the logs will make to keep his workers working and his business prospering. He does not see the birds or wildlife well, his focus is on the wood.

People with certain conditions cannot filter out these things and accomplish much. You need interest and focus and a proper filtering in the brain. We miss so much of the world with filtering, I sometimes am jealous of those who can see everything. A child can see everything till they are taught to ignore much of what they are told is immaterial. Seeing the world through the eyes of a child is such a great thing, one that I realize but cannot do properly anymore. I have a very limited perception of the world around me because of my conditioning. I am trying to get back to seeing and hearing the beauty that nature has worked millions of years to create.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

We all see it at the same speed.

Some just process more of the available information and quicker.

Interesting, but if they process things quicker (like, say, a snowflake falling) what do they see while the others are catching up? Seems like they'd experience a lull before the next 'same speed' snowflake that they also process quicker, else they'd get way ahead in time!

This topic makes my brain hurt, lol!

edit on 10/8/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join