It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a SHTF scenario what addiction are you going to be dealing with?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

It couldnt have been because the air conditioner was off? (re Section 8's streaming outside when the tv went off) Why would it necessarily be because the TV was off. You said it was summer. It could have been because it was hot inside. You neighbor has some judgement issues to say the least.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

He thinks quitting smoking is harder than an opiate? I quit smoking after over 30 years, in one day and never looked back. There was not physical withdrawal symptoms just the "I want it" cravings. I made myself busy until the craving passed and now its been nearly a year. I quit on Jan 1st of this year and have not had one puff since. I also went on a diet at the same time and lost 25 lbs. I have maintained the weight loss and the quitting of smokes since then. Tobacco I could give up without anything hitting any fans.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

No, they're spot-on. It was because the TV was off. I grew up in Compton, CA and I once thought like they did. Section 8 projects usually don't have AC either. We, or should I say they'd rather spend that money on something else. That's one of the reasons why I'd get out of the city when the SHTF. People like them are addicted to entertainment. And when they get bored, they do some messed up stuff to entertain themselves. I've seen it with my own eyes, and came scarily close to participating.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm definitely addicted to information. Without having access to either the internet to research or paper to write down my thoughts, I think I would slightly lose my mind.

In all the survival courses I've taken, they recommend having a notepad and paper so that you can write down your thoughts and ideas, but you're going to run out of paper eventually.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
NFL Football, hands down. The internet comes close, but it's not really an addiction. I go through withdrawal during the off season. I'd miss the internet, but I love nature and problem solving, so I'd get by. You can still put your mind to good use and get information in a survival scenario. It's very important, actually.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Wheat (i've tried to quit wheat so many times...never been successful). Coffee. Chocolate. Peanut Butter.

Sal

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join