It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: we want Iran sanctions to hit people

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spleenika

As time went on, I came to learn that Moe was a terrible person. He acted very kind and generous and hospitable. But he was a manipulator, a serial liar, and a thief. He cheated on his faithful girlfriend with prostitutes, and happily showed me his cell phone pictures of him doing this. As he got to know me better and trust me more, he revealed more of who he truly was to me. I was disgusted by his real self. I started to disbelieve everything he told me. Including his explanation for the death to america slogan. On the outside he at first appeared to be one of the most gentle and kind people I ever knew, but then he turned out to be one of the most awful people I have ever met.

I don't know this guy and I don't judge. although I totally agree with his idea on the slogan.

Read it carefully.

Being good is always hard. When you decide to be a faithful person there are tough situations that you will be challenged. Some people change their face and phase during these tests. Judging people about their wrong choices should not make you doubt the truth they talk about.

This is the daily challenge in Iran. Many people say good things and do bad things. I learn from what they say and neglect what they do.

What you said about him is very ugly and I can not even imagine it. because it would hurt more.

When I said Iranian people are not greedy I meant that they don't make a government to go and rub other countries to make Iranian people wealthier. But I have seen people who have greed in their personal life in Iran.Greed is some thing Iranian people won't demand it as a group.

The Iranian president said there are no homosexuals in Iran

He said "we don't have it like you have"

Means we don't organize gays in Iran. We don't recognize them like you do.

Generalization is wrong. But the truth is also there.

Iraqi people supported and fought for Saddam. America people chose bush and helped the army invade countries. Persians people had helped the kings invade and conquer.

I really understand that you talk about love. But is love what people are getting from west ?

I agree with almost every thing you said. But I believe people still have the control of their government and they are responsible for what they do.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

Sanction is the recent fact that Iranian people interpret as love message.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
its funny that you mentioned east germany because i lived there for five years during the rebuilding boom
and if you would ask any of the east germans they would tell you that life was better for them whilst they were under control of the russians , since the west took control they asset stripped east german industry and threw the east germans out of thier jobs , up until the unification there was no unemployment in east germany , look at it now !

It was called a Planned economy, all run by the State, of course there was no unemployment. Once opened to market forces, those industries which had been kept open by the Soviet bloc regardless or productivity or profitability where uncompetitive. It is entirely simplistic of you to compare pre and post unification Germany without taking into account the economic policy of a centrally planned, communist dictatorship.

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
and what i wrote on here was about the british government not acting in the interest of the british public , i never said anything about a police state .

I know, but you clearly did not read what I had said as I didn't say you said anything about a Police state. Someone has comprehension issues...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Thanks again for another response. I learn a little bit more every time I read one of your posts.

Your clarification on the difference between gays in America and Iran makes sense.

I really understand that you talk about love. But is love what people are getting from west ?

Thank you, I can tell you were really listening and understood the purpose behind my comments. And in answer to your question, I think no, they are not getting love from the west. It would seem our largest export is material possessions and the desire for them.

However I do think there is a lot of love to be found in western culture. And probably a better statement then that, is there is a lot of love to be found in the world. Though if I were to try to think of a culture or country that spreads love the most, I can not easily give an answer. To me it seems most people save their love for their own family. And a lesser amount for their community, and the further you go from their home, the less love there is. It is difficult to love that which you can not see I suppose.

But I believe people still have the control of their government and they are responsible for what they do.

I'm not as sure about that one. I know in America in 2000, more Americans voted for Al Gore then George H. W. Bush. But due to our twisted electoral college system the winner was disputed and determined by the court system rather then by the voters. Then again in 2004 there was further controversy over the legitimacy of George Bush's win.

Also I am not so sure that our voting power really affects what our government will do. Rather it seems to impact what the government pretends to be doing.

Thanks again for your responses, I have enjoyed speaking with you.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
As others have pointed out.. the whole point is to starve the people into revolution. The hope is that either they will revolt and over throw or fearing a revolt the Iranian government will change something. This doesn't work and all it does make the citizens suffer in their role as pawns.

I really wish we could just let all these countries be. Our governments are too big and that is the problem. They are bored with the satisfaction of a functioning and prospering people. A smaller government is satisfied with that type of acheivement. Rich men wanting wars so they can become richer they don't want money, they want a piece of the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

It also depends on the nature of the sanctions but also on the nature of the issues to be resolved. For example, with Zimbabwe, sanctions were imposed to encourage free elections and an end to repressions of political groups (amongst other things). The problems were seen as "internal" so the sanctions were specific to target the ruling elite within Zimbabwe.

In Iran, the problems are seen as external (threat to global peace, sponsors of terrorism, etc). Therefore, the sanctions are aimed at the population as a whole in order to try and foster change due to internal pressures building on the ruling elites.

Basically, if the regime was only seen as a threat to its own people, the sanctions would only be aimed at the regime itself.

Getting aside from the rights and wrongs (that is a debate that could take years!) this actually makes perfect strategic sense............not that it is much consolation to those suffering in Iran.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Just think though.. they had massive protests during their last election. If ever there was a time we could have used sanctions to help start a revolution and bring change it was then. I guess those weren't the target population we wanted in revolt.. young people and students, thinking people? Nah. We have specific people in mind.

You are right of course in everything you said.
edit on 8-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Sanctions were in place prior too, during and more placed on after that election. There has been a steady ramping up of sanctions for a while and they did start as targeting the Government. I suppose after a point, there is no choice but to place sanctions that will affect the average "Joe Ibrahim" as there is only so many that affect the rulers.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

maybe you were not aware of the fact that east germany was self financed and never required any finance from russia.
everyone had a job according to their ability .

but back to the topic , when governments have a problem with other governments do you realy think that it is right that imposing sanctions on the people , and yes it is the people that will suffer not the fat cats in government
and please don't say that its up to the people to change the government because they can't .

here in the uk we vote in a party hoping for change but when they get in office they do as they like, regardless of what the people want .

and from what i read on here the usa has the same situation as the uk .

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
It's normally children who suffer th most with sanctions. The ones who don't even know they are Iranian. The effects of sanctions in Iraq caused child mortality rates to rise and over 500,000 children died as an effect of those sanctions. Have a look on the Internet about the effects of those sanctions in Iraq. There are plenty of reputable sources who recorded the effects.

Which makes the psychopathic elite happy.. I wish people would wake up to the fact that they dont care anything at all about civilians. We are nothing more than expendable slaves to them and as soon as they can replace us with machines/robots they will do so.
And if you look at history you will see that nothing has changed.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

What would you have America do, exactly? It would be interesting to hear as you seem to have an opinion on the matter.

Maybe if the US had not removed demcoracy from Iran. We would not be seeing these problems.. What I would like to see the US and the UK do is keep to stop trying to dictate and bully other nations...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
the uk attacks countries then lets itself be over run with the refugee's
we will reap what we sow

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Who exatlly are the "bad"guys here I ask myself?

Oh...that's an easy one. The "bad guys" are located at 85 Albert Embankment, Langley Virginia, and the lion's share of Israel.

...I thought everybody knew that already.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spleenika

I hope god sends his Jesus back. because I can never tell what is true agenda of one politician. And every time I vote , I know I have just chosen a wrapped agenda that was never enough in the first place.

I do agree with what you say.

I hope you and I can live in peace for our short interval of life.
edit on 8-10-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
the sanctions are illegal,

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

By Jesus coming back you will first have to meet satan. Do you really want that? Maybe Satan is already here

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
If the UK wants to hit the Iranian people they should flood the streets with Ubuntu CDs and get all the Iranians to use that operating system. Then use the info they obtain with that software to work against each Iranian citizen.

And after they've ground their lives down as far as they will go.....melt their computers down with code that'll overheat everything.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by mideast

By Jesus coming back you will first have to meet satan. Do you really want that? Maybe Satan is already here

Satan is here.

I have met him and I have written about him.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Thats such a ridiculous statement from such a high ranking official .

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by synapsis

i think that all british supermarkets and shops should agree not to sell any food to mr. hammond and his family so that they slowly starve to death. empathy is sometimes a learned emotion

edit on 9-10-2012 by sweetooth because: i am dyselxic

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join